Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off to Middlesbrough, what a stunning comeback!

3-0 down on aggregate and to comeback and win 4-3, superb effort!

Be nice to see an English whitewash of the European trophies this year going in to the world cup

Middlesbrough!!!! What a comeback, what a goal from Jimmy! I was celebrating every goal as if it was United or England playing!

themuel1 said:
Middlesbrough!!!! What a comeback, what a goal from Jimmy! I was celebrating every goal as if it was United or England playing!
Middlesbrough must be favourites now, the teams left in are not the greatest and are all capable of being done over my Boro, lets hope they do it!

Indeed, it was a superb game.

They've got pretty easy opponents in the semi-finals they should make the finals easily.

Schalke and Sevilla are quite strong, but for Middlesbrough's sake I hope Sevilla go through. They're much weaker now without Ramos and Baptista.

Last edited:
themuel1 said:
So, are you saying that some bad tackles in football should result in Police intervention?!!! The game used to be FAR worse in the 40's, 50's, 60's etc.

But it wasn't a tackle.

The ball wasn't within 30 yards of the incident.

Sureshot said:
But it wasn't a tackle.

The ball wasn't within 30 yards of the incident.

I'm getting to the point of saying - "Who Cares!"

A couple of match bans is fine. I'm more worried about diving, at least the guy being elbowed had somthing to go down because of :D

Brightons planning permission has now been withdrawn.

Just **** off into the sunset in your jag, Mr Prescott.

Sureshot said:
Brightons planning permission has now been withdrawn.

Just **** off into the sunset in your jag, Mr Prescott.

I can't believe he's done this. Brighton will be bankrupt before we get this stadium! As it's the Governments fault, they should be paying Brighton compensation for this, how about, the amoutn they would be forecasted to be making if they filled the 22,000 seater stadium.

I can't believe in the first place that there was any debate - about 10 villagers!!!! against 100's of thousands who wanted it. Shows how crappy this system is. :mad

You mean Democracy? :D
Well i think Diving needs to be looked at more seriously,as well as rolling around on the ground,pretending you have an injury so your players can re-organize themsleves. These two things are biggest problems too new comers,they think it's seriously soft. Red Cards need to be dealt out to cheating,Diving IS cheating! :mad:

yep, if a player is really hurt he won't roll around, he'll lay still. Anyone who rolls around in "agony" is cheating and deserves the red card in my opinion.

For once I'm supporting Arsenal in the EPL. If they beat Man Utd and we beat West Ham then the title's pretty much won. :)

Good,Gold.I hope we beat them too.It will be a pity to see Chelski win again,but we need that fourth spot!!!!

kevmead said:
yep, if a player is really hurt he won't roll around, he'll lay still. Anyone who rolls around in "agony" is cheating and deserves the red card in my opinion.
Good to see you agree :cheers

themuel1 said:
I can't believe he's done this. Brighton will be bankrupt before we get this stadium! As it's the Governments fault, they should be paying Brighton compensation for this, how about, the amoutn they would be forecasted to be making if they filled the 22,000 seater stadium.

I can't believe in the first place that there was any debate - about 10 villagers!!!! against 100's of thousands who wanted it. Shows how crappy this system is. :mad

Thing is though as i'm sure you're aware of, Brighton has a high percentage of Greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread