Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply it will of been pulled because of the press coverage that would result from it.

As much as it would of been the truth and could of brought some good for United. The likely outcomes would be bad. The press would start to make up stories of riffs in the camp and the situation on the whole would become worse.

Its a smart move really.

JamesyJames3 said:
Simply it will of been pulled because of the press coverage that would result from it.

As much as it would of been the truth and could of brought some good for United. The likely outcomes would be bad. The press would start to make up stories of riffs in the camp and the situation on the whole would become worse.

Its a smart move really.

Yeah actually, you make some good points. I also think it could have seriously damaged team morale which is already probably very low.

At the moment at halftime it's 1-0 for PSV against AC Milan. I can't believe it myself.

Anyway Gattuso at the moment is living on the edge. He could have got two yellow cards, but so far it's only one. But I think he won't make it till the end of the match.

Loving it - Chelsea lose!

But....the scoucers win :( oh well cant have everything in life! :(

United will be back 2mora, you guys just wait and see...

PSV wins! :) Impressive victory. The machine Lyon won again and has qualified for the next round along with Real Madrid. Porto and Chelsea didn't deserve to lose. And there was a funny shot which hit both posts by Chelsea.

Tomorrow's big match is Juventus vs Bayern Munich. Juventus has something to settle then.

And who are the scoucers?

JamesyJames3 said:

Its a smart move really.
Has he looked at himself?Doesn't mind dishing it out......but what about taking it?

I presume he means Liverpool.Did anyone see Garcia's goal?Gem!Harry Kewell played okay for the twelve minutes he was on.
Looking forward to the Juventus v Bayern Munich match tomorrow.

Jestrovic was sent off Foul and abusive language. Alleged Racism, if guilty lets hope they throw the book at him lifetime ban if guilty imo.

He wasn't sent off for racism.

This is what Jestrovic said about it in an interview:

He said 'F*uk you' to another player. The referee heard that, and following Jestrovic, the referee thought Jestrovic said that to the referee.

ZexyZahid said:
He wasn't sent off for racism.

This is what Jestrovic said about it in an interview:

He said 'F*uk you' to another player. The referee heard that, and following Jestrovic, the referee thought Jestrovic said that to the referee.

Like he would admit if he had said something racist! :mad

Absolute Rubbish mate. The manager was smiling all through his interview when asked what the player (Jestrovic) said.

I think I will choose to believe a Danish Ref over some dodgy player. What that guy said was Racist.

Fifa won't take action anyway because the country the team is from is not a big one in terms of football. If that was a player from an english team then it would be a different matter.....

Blatter's a muppet and should be making chocolate. He seems very concerned with the english game's small problems and less concerned about some nations were racism is rife such as Spain and some of Eastern Europe.

Last edited:
themuel1 said:
Like he would admit if he had said something racist! :mad

Absolute Rubbish mate. The manager was smiling all through his interview when asked what the player (Jestrovic) said.

I think I will choose to believe a Danish Ref over some dodgy player. What that guy said was Racist.

Fifa won't take action anyway because the country the team is from is not a big one in terms of football. If that was a player from an english team then it would be a different matter.....

Blatter's a muppet and should be making chocolate. He seems very concerned with the english game's small problems and less concerned about some nations were racism is rife such as Spain and some of Eastern Europe.
I disagree with most of that. You can clearly see from the replay that Jestrovic just used the F word, along with the she-dog, and it was clearly directed towards Sissoko. Unfortunately for him Mr.controversial ref was right there right then, and thought he might as well flash his red card.

Now I know, abusing isnt the best thing to do, but it happens all the time in football, and giving a direct red for that is simply stupid. But then I've seen this bloke make a few crazy decisions before.

m_vaughan said:
I disagree with most of that. You can clearly see from the replay that Jestrovic just used the F word, along with the she-dog, and it was clearly directed towards Sissoko. Unfortunately for him Mr.controversial ref was right there right then, and thought he might as well flash his red card.

Now I know, abusing isnt the best thing to do, but it happens all the time in football, and giving a direct red for that is simply stupid. But then I've seen this bloke make a few crazy decisions before.

You may have seen the f word and female dog word but how do you know he didn't say anything racist when the camera was on his back?

Yes, he has made some bad decisions in the past, but so has every ref.

themuel1 curses Diego Simeone :mad

They're actually starting an investigation into this. Sissoko said something to Jestrovic in French (which I don't want to write here) and Jestrovic said to Sissoko something back. Obviously what Jestrovic said Nielsen could hear. And Nielsen made it clear: he got a red card because of racism. And all this is not written in this article underneath.

Uefa to probe Sissoko 'race slur'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4398894.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread