Football Transfers Thread

Although United didn't make comments in one particular newspaper everyday talking about him for weeks on end.

Is he the same guy for whom Roma got really angry with Manchester United?

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

While at Stuttgart, I remember Hleb saying in an interview that he would love to play for Barcelona some day. (made me hate him ever since)

m_vaughan added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

You just did what Arsenal have been doing for years now. Getting these youngsters when they cant sign a professional contract with their clubs. Or as Roma called it in this case, stealing.

But like you said its very much 'legal'. Neither have Real done anything 'illegal' in their pursuit of Ronaldo.

Oh, please. We didn't deliberately unsettle the guy! Anyone who knows anything about football knows that's exactly what Real have done with Ronaldo. Let's face it, if Real hadn't started going on about it, would he even be thinking about leaving Utd this season?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Although United didn't make comments in one particular newspaper everyday talking about him for weeks on end.

Exactly.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to butt into an arguement here but I also thought that Real Madrid had been cleared of any wrong doing in the Ronaldo "tapping up" fiasco. So they must have done it "by the book".
Also I don't really think it's fair that the big teams sign promising youngsters from teams that are a lower standard. I know it is legal an all but really their should be a law to stop this.

Oh, please. We didn't deliberately unsettle the guy! Anyone who knows anything about football knows that's exactly what Real have done with Ronaldo. Let's face it, if Real hadn't started going on about it, would he even be thinking about leaving Utd this season?

Its not a crime to declare your interest in another club's player. Real Madrid know that most players want to get the chance of playing for them, and use this to good effect. Like I said it might not look right, but its 'by the book.'

PhilD123 said:

Yes because one is the current best player in the world, and the other is a youngster without any top-level football. United werent particularly quiet when they wanted to sign Hargreaves from Bayern and the Germans didnt want to sell.

And not all the comments were real. (some were) But most of them mere madeup by the press and media. Its ridiculous when I hear reports of Nadal asking Calderon if Real were signing Ronaldo just after his Wimbledon win. Do you really think he will be thinking about that at that time?

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I'm sorry to butt into an arguement here but I also thought that Real Madrid had been cleared of any wrong doing in the Ronaldo "tapping up" fiasco. So they must have done it "by the book".
Also I don't really think it's fair that the big teams sign promising youngsters from teams that are a lower standard. I know it is legal an all but really their should be a law to stop this.

Real Madrid never really spoke to Ronaldo about contract and stuff, but the press claimed they did. United believed the press and complained to FIFA without proof. FIFA couldnt do anything as a result but warn Real.

And not all the comments were real. (some were) But most of them mere madeup by the press and media. Its ridiculous when I hear reports of Nadal asking Calderon if Real were signing Ronaldo just after his Wimbledon win. Do you really think he will be thinking about that at that time?
Marca are Madrid's bitch. Fact.

As for Hargreaves, United had agreed a deal to sign him, part exchange with Ruud, then he decided to go to Madrid and both deals fell through, United might have said they wanted to buy him once or twice, but they didn't do it everyday. United are rumoured to be buying Berbatov, Ferguson said there has been a bid made for one player, but has not at one point mentioned a name or team and therefore publicly unsettled them.

thesweepmaster said:
ABU:rolleyes: They've been cleared by FIFA and Sepp Blatter, we know what views he has, and he is an honourary member of Madrid.:rolleyes:

If Sepp Blatter stopped offering his Gluteus Maximus to all Spanish, Italian and Portugese clubs, maybe he'd realise that Madrid are a bunch of despicable club agitators who flaunt their money to get players much like Chelsea...

Why is this debate about Real Madrid being a bunch of dirty spicks still in circulation? Surely we can all settle on the obvious conclusion that they are disgraceful excuse of a football club? If not you're either inbred or just a complete tool.

Marca are Madrid's bitch. Fact.

As for Hargreaves, United had agreed a deal to sign him, part exchange with Ruud, then he decided to go to Madrid and both deals fell through, United might have said they wanted to buy him once or twice, but they didn't do it everyday. United are rumoured to be buying Berbatov, Ferguson said there has been a bid made for one player, but has not at one point mentioned a name or team and therefore publicly unsettled them.

Marca are Madrid's fan you can say. Only Ferguson and his United bitches feel like Madrid own the newspaper. But Marca does sponsor a lot of the Spanish clubs (including Madrid) and hence does get a lot of the exclusive interviews and stuff.

As far as Hargreaves is concerned, if I remember correctly there was a time when he wanted to leave, Bayern werent willing to sell at all. And the newspapers and websites in England kept saying its only a matter of time.

And in the Berbatov case, its an ongoing negotiation where the United have actually made a bid. Its basically at a much more advanced stage.

Well I dont know how many of you know about this. But a few days back Uzbek club Kuruvichi said on their website that were going to sign Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, and Eto'o. Obviously it became a big laughing matter and I particularly had a stomach ache for a whole day.

But now Eto'o has made a trip to Uzbekistan to talk to the club it seems. Goodness gracious!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=780862

And Barca want Robinho. Either Guardiola is dum or Barca have too much money to spend. Real have said no to a 48 million pound bid from Chelsea, and I dont see the dirty catalans offering money anywhere near that.

Marca are Madrid's fan you can say. Only Ferguson and his United bitches feel like Madrid own the newspaper. But Marca does sponsor a lot of the Spanish clubs (including Madrid) and hence does get a lot of the exclusive interviews and stuff.
They will print whatever Madrid want them to print, what was this "Ronaldo to sign by 7th July" etc.

m_vaughan said:
As far as Hargreaves is concerned, if I remember correctly there was a time when he wanted to leave, Bayern werent willing to sell at all. And the newspapers and websites in England kept saying its only a matter of time.
Once or twice, and even then Ferguson or Gill didn't keep on coming out with comments about it.

It's actually getting to the point where the debate is going round in circles, and becoming rather tedious.

They will print whatever Madrid want them to print, what was this "Ronaldo to sign by 7th July" etc.

Rubbish printed by the newspaper itself. Stop blaming Madrid without proof. I only believe what Calderon said to reliable sources like the official website of RMCF and some of the more trustworthy papers in Spain.

Calderon has said again and again that he wants to sign Ronaldo, but they cant do anything unless United are willing to sell.

Most of the stuff printed about Schuster's comments were also untrue.

m_vaughan added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

just out of Interest does anyone know what number Ronaldinho will be at Milan?

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Norwich have made an offer for Arturo Lupoli of Fiorentina. Manager Glenn Roeder denies a bid has been made, but Fiorentina insist one has. Lupoli is an Italy Under-21 striker and has played for Arsenal, Derby and Treviso.

It would be good to have him. We need someone to replace Ched Evans and, overall, we need to score more goals next season.

He was very disappointing after joining La Viola from Arsenal. I dont think he is good enough for the top flight yet so a few seasons in lower divisions might do well for him.

Users who are viewing this thread