Football Transfers Thread

m_vaughan said:
I dont know why you feel Real consider United as a feeder club. We are just interested in the player who happens to be the best in the world right now and happens to play for you as well, and in this case even the player seems to be interested in moving. If both player and club said no, then it was a different matter.
No thats not the case, the point is that if we sell Ronaldo, Madrid will think they can just buy whoever they want and whenever they want. Why should we sell them the best player in the world?

we he certainly didn't show his class in the euros...but still i get what you mean

No thats not the case, the point is that if we sell Ronaldo, Madrid will think they can just buy whoever they want and whenever they want. Why should we sell them the best player in the world?

I think United have made it pretty clear they dont want to sell. But the player has still expressed his desire to move. It is similar to the Hargreaves situation where he wanted to move, United wanted him, Bayern dint want to sell but really eventually resigned to the fact that the player dint want to stay.

m_vaughan added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

we he certainly didn't show his class in the euros...but still i get what you mean

Similar thing happened with Ronaldinho in the World Cup. I guess it was the result of an extremely long season plus the fact that everyone will be more careful now.

Casillas however had a brilliant season with Madrid and did well with Spain also.

Exactly. And what I mean by feeder club is what Phil has said in this quote, Mr Vaughan.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I dont know why you feel Real consider United as a feeder club. We are just interested in the player who happens to be the best in the world right now and happens to play for you as well, and in this case even the player seems to be interested in moving. If both player and club said no, then it was a different matter.

Like I said this move might not happen because Mijatovic seems to be keen on landing Diego Capel or Rafael Van der Vaart instead for much more acceptable price.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy, David Beckham, Ronaldo (?) and no doubt, at some time in the future, you'll want Nani and Anderson as well. That's what a feeder club does. We are not a feeder club to ANYONE and we're not a selling club either!

tn_1215526832.JPG

Villarreal have signed Ariel Ibagaza from mallorca. good player with experience and talent.

I posted that news before. Ibagaza is a handy lad and although I dint see much of him at Mallorca I do remember seeing him play for Atletico. But I am more curious to see how Escudero does, because he is highly rated and was being linked with Real Madrid. Llorente is a good strike option although I have no clue why Pelligrini went in for Edmilson. I think he is one of the most pointless footballers on the planet.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Exactly. And what I mean by feeder club is what Phil has said in this quote, Mr Vaughan.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Ruud Van Nistelrooy, David Beckham, Ronaldo (?) and no doubt, at some time in the future, you'll want Nani and Anderson as well. That's what a feeder club does. We are not a feeder club to ANYONE and we're not a selling club either!

I seriously doubt Real will ever want Nani.

m_vaughan added 12 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Granero has been sold to Getafe on a deal similar to that of de la Red's - has a buy back option so just incase he, like de la Red does really well, we can have him back.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=774987

Okay I'll rephrase it - I would be very surprised if Nani becomes half as good as Ronaldo. He just seems too random to me. Anderson is a more assured player. I know its not correct to compare them but still.

Just read that Inter ready to pay 20m euros for David Silva . He is such a great talent can only be used by a great manager .

Man Utd have agreed a 28m fee for Berba is he worth?

Chelsea bid 48m for Robinho .lol

Last edited:
Just read that Inter ready to pay 20m euros for David Silva . He is such a great talent can only be used by a great manager .

Man Utd have agreed a 28m fee for Berba is he worth?

Chelsea bid 48m for Robinho .lol

So the fee for Berbatov is agreed? I'd have preferred Huntelaar or Eto'o, but I'm sure Berbatov will be a good signing.

This injury to Ronaldo may be a blessing in disguise, as their interest will surely drop now he's injured and they might sod off and buy someone else instead of Ronaldo!

Okay I'll rephrase it - I would be very surprised if Nani becomes half as good as Ronaldo. He just seems too random to me. Anderson is a more assured player. I know its not correct to compare them but still.

So you'll want Anderson then? Proves my point.

Users who are viewing this thread