Friends Provident Trophy 2008

Foxes seem to be staging a decent response to the unlikely target. 133-3 from 23 currently and Nixon is looking good. Its tough giving anyone superlatives after Bopara's KP-like knock!!

And yes, Yorkshire looking to be on their way to the semis. Very steady chase, although they better dont become too steady now.

craig white is going very steady :laugh but atleast hes nearly reached 50! rudolphs looking to try and the run rate. just 90 needed off 20 overs!:p

With the way Bopara has been playing then he should be in the side for the first ODI. Shah has been out of the runs so far so maybe he will get his chance above him and Dimi.

craig white is going very steady :laugh but atleast hes nearly reached 50! rudolphs looking to try and the run rate. just 90 needed off 20 overs!:p

Get Rudolph out and Gloucestershire have a chance.

Come on Gloucestershire!! :cool:

Kent v Somerset will take place tomorrow at Beckenham, so there is no chance of the match being shown.

Is that an acceptance of tomorrow being still too wet for a game at Canterbury, or focusing all the Canterbury preparation for Friday's CC game?

Wow at Bopara, I doubt he'll get in the (England) side though.

Get Rudolph out and Gloucestershire have a chance.

Come on Gloucestershire!! :cool:

oh no ! your right 144/4 we've game on out hands now! although rudolph still in and lewis and hardings have bowled there 10 overs...

Easy win for Yorkshire in the end. Rudolph was there to see it till the finish.

But Durham win a close game against Notts, after almost throwing it away I believe. I wonder what Steve Harmison's mindset was when he came on to bat and his team needed 12 of 15, and the fact that singles could do.

:mad: I have nothing more to say on this horrible matter that Yorkshire are in the Semi Finals.

bopara picked up 2 wickets today as well! he cant do much more to try and get a place in the odi side can he!

Is that an acceptance of tomorrow being still too wet for a game at Canterbury, or focusing all the Canterbury preparation for Friday's CC game?

Wow at Bopara, I doubt he'll get in the (England) side though.
They rightly didn't want to end up with a bowl out as it'll probably still be too wet after the flash flooding of yesterday. Bad news for the championship wicket too though, its soaked after water got under the covers.

As for Bopara, he has a chance, there was a selector there to watch him. So the timing is right.

Bopara has to play, no-one in our side could make a double century in a 50 over game. I should have seen it too now our games rained off, even though it's the hottest day in ages.

Shame we lost but if you're going to lose it may be to a piece of brilliance like that.

Pleased to see that Durham have progressed. Good batting effort from Patel for Notts though & I read he also claimed 3 for 27 including the wicket of Benkenstein - sounds like he deserved to be in the winning side. Any other Durham followers on the forum or will I be ploughing a lone furrow ?

Bopara has to play against New Zealand. He's the leading scoring Englishman in the FP Trophy. Shah's not done a great deal in one day cricket this season, but has a good ODi record. I'd go for Bopara personally though. A cracking innings today, 10 sixes in an innings is an impressive haul.

They rightly didn't want to end up with a bowl out as it'll probably still be too wet after the flash flooding of yesterday. Bad news for the championship wicket too though, its soaked after water got under the covers.

As for Bopara, he has a chance, there was a selector there to watch him. So the timing is right.

You're not going Friday are you?

I think I'll have to base whether I go on what happens on Friday. Damn. Say if Friday was cancelled, would updates be easy to come across? I 'spose I could contact Matt about it...

Just looked at the weather forecast, looks awful for Canterbury. Would the CC match be moved to Beckenham?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread