ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No one watching SAF v AUS T20

Miller on the verge of pulling his team out of quicksand again
I was hoping that Steyn would play the match. I saw somewhere that he will be playing the match and he is been bowling in the nets.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wonder if SAF have finally found a solution to their choking issues - Morris, Weise, Miller at 6,7,8

grkrama

National Board President
they have always had solutions like klusener pollock, etc as long as the solutions dont choke:D

D

Deleted member 149013

I was just thinking about safety equipment in cricket today I believe the States have some answers that could improve cricket.

I would like to see cricket pads and helmets replaced. My thought was using ice hockey shin pads to replace traditional cricket pads. The hockey pads are lightweight, easier and faster to run in and also bend better at the knee they also have the advantage of looking cooler. You could add sponsors to the pads and get rid of the bulky pads we have now.
884899342430_reebok_001[1].jpg
884899342430_reebok_003_[1].jpg

The helmet currently used is a modified horse racing helmet which has been proven to be a failure that needs contestant safety upgrades. With the use of an ice hockey helmet you have a lighter helmet which covers the ears and back of the neck you just need to modify the grill at the front have a gap which lets the batsman see through.
9319_01[1].jpg

The second option is a baseball helmet. You could modify either helmet to add more padding or add a grill. The two helmets in question just look safer to me and I think we need to update the already existing pads and helmets in use today.
cfli-navy[1].jpg

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Pretty sure, this does not belong here. But just posted anyway. I apologize if it's not appropriate.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Pretty sure, this does not belong here. But just posted anyway. I apologize if it's not appropriate.

Dunno what to think of this .. too little and too early to judge, but Sushant doesn't look like Dhoni at all. And he has made no voice modulation to sound like him either

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Dunno what to think of this .. too little and too early to judge, but Sushant doesn't look like Dhoni at all. And he has made no voice modulation to sound like him either
I am quite confident that he will do a good job as Dhoni. btw Fawad Khan as Kohli looks odd to me.:spy

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
1625766_995872533832056_5218330982567086273_n.jpg

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Mohit Raina would have perfectly suited in terms of looks, voice and even body language. I've seen him acting, he's also so calm, would have been quite a choice if him portraying Dhoni had happened.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Should definetely check out this show from Andy Zaltzman and Jarrod Kimber.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Mohit Raina would have perfectly suited in terms of looks,

The guy's name would have had a connection to MSD as well - Mohit Sharma and Suresh Raina - CSK products

Reactions: Ohm

Users who are viewing this thread