What format would you like for the tournament

• Current format as stated in the rules

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yep how are you going to no if we have more then 3 goes or not? casue what if we have like a bad start in the first game then we just dont post that then our next 3 goes are really good?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Brett_Lee said:
Yep how are you going to no if we have more then 3 goes or not? casue what if we have like a bad start in the first game then we just dont post that then our next 3 goes are really good?
You can have more than 3 goes. You can only post 3 though.

wolf

International Cricketer
Sid why don't you just make an official league on the stick cricket league section? Have as many leagues as you like obviously for every group.

sid_19840

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
I don't quite understand the need for rule #4. Why should we have to post a screenshot of the score EVERY time we put up a new score? Or did I just read it wrong?

Screenshots are there for a couple of reasons,there's obviously reasons and thought behind them.

Firstly in a league system,you can play as many matches as youd want,so invariably it benefits people with more time.Keeping it to 3 screenshots and thus 3 scores gives everyone the same number of chances and also leaves them with a decision to make.If you get too excited and post 3 random scores,your best score might not eventually be your score.

Secondly a screenshot ensures that youre playing it properly.We cant exactly see if youre playing with the national team you mentioned.So you might be using a better team(Australia for eg) to try post a better score.Screenshots ensure that youre not doing this.

P.S:You dont post a screenie every time you post a score in your league,its up to you to choose 3 best times to do so per round.Also rule 4 seems to be nothing to do with screenshots,its just something that moderators shall keep a check on.

wolf said:
Sid why don't you just make an official league on the stick cricket league section? Have as many leagues as you like obviously for every group.

I am going to do that,to organize things out,but as I said with the previous reply to nightprowler,it gives people with more time in their hands more chances and also promotes using other teams.Each group will have its own league,but the final points might not be as in that league table.We will be having a league tables based on the scores posted here.

Hope you guys can understand the reasoning behind the rules.Ive obviously given it much though,tried testing a couple of leagues and tournaments out and then came to this decision.

Last edited:

wolf

International Cricketer
sid_19840 said:
Keeping it to 3 screenshots and thus 3 scores gives everyone the same number of chances and also leaves them with a decision to make.If you get too excited and post 3 random scores,your best score might not eventually be your score.

You could just save your screenshots elsewhere though, and then post your best one's at the end.

And it also doesn't matter what team you use, it is all about skill, and it won't be an advantage to use a better team.

sid_19840

International Coach
wolf said:
You could just save your screenshots elsewhere though, and then post your best one's at the end.

As I said,that brings into effect the number of times you play the game each group.If I played the game 25 times each day,the chances are that eventually I'll post a pretty huge score.Keeping it to 3 entries not only keeps a check on this,but also leaves you with a decision to make as to choosing which score you think is good enough to post a screenshot for.

In any case if the general opinion is that people should not be restricted to 3 scores and based on the amount of time available to them then I dont mind changing the rules.Its just what I felt as fair on my part.

wolf said:
And it also doesn't matter what team you use, it is all about skill, and it won't be an advantage to use a better team.

Might be the case for you,but I can assure you that it isnt with most of us average players.I tried playing 3 games yesterday with Bangladesh and had an average score of 180 odd with them.Then I tried 3 with Australia and my average score increased to around 230 odd.The difference I saw was quite clear.Also we'll be having a country league table in the end.Wouldnt it be wrong if you were posting scores for your England national team but playing with Aussies. ;)

Last edited:

sid_19840

International Coach
wolf said:
I will just play with Bangladesh then and prove you wrong.

Ive already said that it might be different for others,especially those who are good at the game.

sid_19840

International Coach
wolf said:
Got 252/0 about average for me.

How do you post a screenshot?

Once youve got your screenshot(either by Print Screen or using handy softwares such as Fraps or AnyCapture screen),just use the Manage Attachements below your post(in Additional Options) and upload that image file.

Ive already posted my reasons for the screenshots rule,lets just get the general opinion of what people think about it before moving on further with it.

wolf

International Cricketer
untitled.jpg

I have already told you how to cheat with the screenshot rule Just save all your screenies on your computer and at the end of the round upload the best one onto the forum.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Guys this a bit of fun why the need to cheat????

We are all playing this for something to do and it's not like we win a ferrari or anything so what's the point in cheating????? :rolleyes:

sid_19840

International Coach
wolf said:
I have already told you how to cheat with the screenshot rule Just save all your screenies on your computer and at the end of the round upload the best one onto the forum.

Ah I see,fair enough.

I think the best alternative to the problem would be to mix up our suggestions.Lets just use the league tables inbuilt with the game for the final positions.However I'd like everyone to post up a single screenshot of each players best scores at the end of each round.This ensures that people are using the teams that theyve mentioned during registrations.Lets hear if the general view is postive on this idea and I'll change the rules accordingly.

The other way out would be to just have the leagues and not care about who's using which team for their scores and let things take care of itself.This wouldnt be right imo and it also makes things messy and could cause controversies.

sid_19840

International Coach
wolf said:
A poll would be good then....

Done.Id be really against choice 3 though.Choice 2 seems a simple choice with reason.If you're really comfortable playing with any teams I dont think it should be a problem playing with the team youve chosen during signups.Also shouldnt be a problem to post 1 screenshot as it'll hardly take a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread