General Music Thread

Anyone been listening to Day & Age by The Killers? Really disappointed. Spaceman and Human are very good, but apart from that, none of them are really any better than not bad, which shouldn't be the case. I've only listened to it once through, so I might enjoy it more as I play it again, but I doubt it.

funny that my friend said it was amazing.

Dunno whether to get it or not.

That's the beauty of ille.........no I won't :p.

I'm tempted to get the new Razorlight album actually, been listening to Razorlight and Up All Night quite abit recently. I'm still under the belief that Borrell's a prick, but their music is decent enough to listen to. I still prefer the 2nd album to Up All Night though tbh. I'll probably get the new album this week at some stage.

Anybody like Jazz music at all? Moreso John Coltrane?

Anyone been listening to Day & Age by The Killers? Really disappointed. Spaceman and Human are very good, but apart from that, none of them are really any better than not bad, which shouldn't be the case. I've only listened to it once through, so I might enjoy it more as I play it again, but I doubt it.
I may have been harsh in this post, I've listened to it a couple of times since and I'd say it's decent, still not amazing and not as good as Hot Fuss or Sam's Town. Human and Spaceman are great though, and I Can't Stay seems pretty decent.

I've heard exactly the same from the other reviews I've read. It's not brilliant when you first listen, but then after a few listens through it gets remarkably better, and is definitely a grower. I'll have to get it at some point, I loved their first 2 albums, their first one has to be one of the greatest Debut albums of all-time, fantastic stuff.

Fall Out Boy's new album in 2 weeks w00p!

I Don't Care is like thier best since Sugar, we're going down!

http://kingpietersen.blogspot.com/

Just to shamelessly plug my blog, I've written a little article on there about my 10 favourite songs of all-time. Take a look, give us some feedback, look forward to hearing :D

Also, everyone should listen to 23 by Jimmy Eat World. I hadn't really listened to any of their stuff before hearing this song, and it's magnificent. Definitley one of the most beautifully written songs of the past 10 years, really good.

I wish I had your surname :p.

I agree with you about Noel's voice being better than Liam's these days...I still don't like him though. Overall that's a good list, specially the inclusion of Ziggy Stardust, that's one of my favourite songs, and maybe Bowie's best (Apart from possibly Life on Mars".

Hmm, Life on Mars may be a great track, but for me, Letter to Hermione is Bowie's best track. I just love everything about it. It touches the heart-strings more than Home by Michael Bublé, and pips Home to the greatest Love-song of all-time for me. It's just lyrically beautiful, just fantastically written, and Bowie at his very best. Love it.

As for the worst love song ever...

My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion.

I may have been harsh in this post, I've listened to it a couple of times since and I'd say it's decent, still not amazing and not as good as Hot Fuss or Sam's Town. Human and Spaceman are great though, and I Can't Stay seems pretty decent.

I've also got the album, but it usually takes me a week or so before I get to my final opinion. As it stands I don't think it's up to their first two, but that's still subject to change. Highlights for me are Spaceman, Neon Tiger and A Dustland Fairytale.

I think The Killers tend to change style with every new album, and I didn't like Sams Town so much the first time. I don't think I noticed so much with Sams Town because When You Were Young is just incredible, while Day and Age doesn't have 1 standout track for me.

Day and Age beats Sam's Town for me. Still a massive letdown though.

Just got Contraband by Velvet Revolver. Gets stronger the more times you listen to it. Harder rock than I normally listen too, Fall to Pieces is very G'N'R, in fact, it sounds like a rip-off of a G'N'R track. Slither and Sucker Train Blues are best tracks on the album.

Users who are viewing this thread