Gilchrist retires from cricket

We've invited them this year, knowing they won't turn up because of scheduling meaning that we win by default.

We've invited them this year, knowing they won't turn up because of scheduling meaning that we win by default.
Cheeky bitches, I knew there was something fishy when covlad said something about 2008 Ashes, oh well boys, at least we know them cheeky mother suckers have something going down...

85755.jpg

85766.jpg

85771.jpg

These pictures really sum up the guy that Gilchrist really is. Patriotic, aggressive, but a gentlemen. Thanks man. I really am going to miss watching Gilchrist play. Playing Australia just won't be the same without him.

Still could have one last dig if we bat again needing some ODI style chase. Would be the perfect way for him to leave.

Would love to see him open.

Last edited:
Just when he overtakes Bouchers record he decides to retire lol
but still he is a legend and will always be a legend of the game :happy

Enjoy your retirement Gilly. Speaking as a Pom...you are one of crickets finest players. Even though you were green and yellow...this bluff, blunt talking Yorkshireman can appreciate what an awesome player you are/were.

It's going to take some time for the retirement thing to seep in.
You made it into Benauds, (the real one!!) all time cricket XI as wickie/batsman....which demands my total respect as I am a massive Knotty fan!!!

If your replacement is only half as good as your good self......then he should still be world class.

Gonna miss you big fella.

Last edited:
Hes a good bloke. Did it for the Australian team.

Haddin is the best keeper in Australia at the moment and is in golden form. Good stuff.

Gill has already rejected it but it will be great if he thinks once again :happy

Btw, Kevin Rudd has also trying to get Warney as well :happy

Is this the reason that Gilly decided to retire because he doesn't want to play with Warney . This could be the reason

What the hell are you on about? Okay, he doesn't like him, but Warne has retired. He's not coming back.

Im putting together a tribute to adam Gilchrist which i will post sometime next week showing images of some of his greatest moments eg. when he took his first dismissal, his last stuff like that

Users who are viewing this thread