Glenorchy Knights - Future A-League Champs?

mate this is ridiculous 5-0 and 10-0 against sides in the same league. What have you done?

Nothing to bad, just we have some very talented players. ;)

I am going to work 2 leagues into the one story so you will see A-League and NSL in the same game*

*If I can get the stats editor to allow this.

The Majestic added 9 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I have another football gaming story on FM08 I was going to post it, I am coaching the Socceroos and we are looking to qualify, and that has been going well I think. But I am not going to push my luck with gaming stories here. :D

preseason.jpg

glenmelbscores-1.jpg

The Match

First Half

Glenorchy kicked this one off, they hold the ball up here, passing it around, Cameraon DeSalis is on the end of an Makepeace pass that sees him in the box he fires home the first goal of the game, the dream srart from the home team the fans let out a roar that can be heard over at the Derwent Entertainment Centre! 1-0. The Victory are ready to kickus off, they pass it around but Waight with a nice sliding tackle gets it to DeSalis, what's he going to do? He puts the ball out in front of Adam Garland, and Garland sneaks the ball passed the keeper! That's 2 in 5 minutes! 2-nil The Victory are again in the middle here they are going to kick us off but Glenorchy steal it, it looks like Leung has stolen it and he is on the break away but he is surrounded but he passes it to Garland and with the softest of touches the ball lands in the back of the net. What the hell is happening? That's the 3 goal in 9 minutes here! 3-nil The Victory have changed formation but they have to stop the bleeding here, they are about to kick off agian here.

Archie Thompson has the ball, and he is planning a run here, he advances with the ball and he has Reland to try and pass, he tries the fake but Reland is to smart and he gets the ball away to Copic,Copic sends it to DeSalis he slows it down and he looks around, he passes inside to Leung, who looks for Garland it's stolen by Kevin Muscat and he is away he is trying to get passes Makepeace, but McKissack is now in the way, Muscat goes to Thompson, Blair Stevanonvich clears Makepeace cests the ball down to his feet and he runs the ball along to Leung, Leung is off here he passes to Waight, Waight looks around he he fires the ball from 30 metres and this missle flies over the bar into the crowd.

Kemp is on the end of a long range boot from the keeper Langerak, he passes to Hernandez, he faced by Gilligan who steals the ball away and passes to Reland, Reland goes for a bit of a run before he faces Ryall, Ryall challenges him now but it's sent off to Copic, who touches to off to McKissack, he sends to Waight, and we are off no Victory challenge here no one coming at him, Keenan is closing him down Garland has the ball now he is advancing on goal, there are no challengers it is now just Garland and the keeper Garland fires it off his boot and it lands there in the back of the net. 4-nil Garland is on fire here, who would have thought it? Waight is looking tired here is there going to be a change? Yes, Maxie has been called onto the pitch the fans are cheering of Waight who hsa been into a lot of the place here, it is almost half time and have to admire the workhere by the team.

Carlos Hernandez has the ball and he has Blair Stevanovich to beat here he sends the ball for Archie, Thompson fires the ball and it lands in the arms of Tibesy, who fires it back into play Maxie has the ball, and he passes to Garland, who has made magic happen most of this game. He runs it off to McKissack, who then passes to Garland again, they are advancing DeSalis is in the boxs Garland spots him but DeSalis is offside just as he shoots the ball into the back of the net. The Victory are going to take the resiulting freekick here and they are going to advance with the ball they have not got long to go here, Thompson has the ball and he sends to over to Hernandez, Copic slides in and the ball goes out of play. The ball is brought back in by Thompson and it is stolen by Glenorchy with McKissack with the ball he dashes unchallenged now he faces the goalkeeper but he had more time then he gave himself and he misses to the left.

The ball is kicked back into play as the ball is falling the whistle blows it is over for this half, well then this game has taken a turn for the worse here for the Victory, they have been out played, out muscled and just beaten everywhere. Glenorchy supporters are chanting, clapping and cheering their team off the ground the Victory fans have gone silent are they still here? I am guessing they are all the seats are filled.

The Knights are going to to record a good win here at the moment they lead this game 4-nil right now and there should not be any way for them to come back into this game, the Glenorchy defence has been solid right now can they hold the Victory?

Second Half

The Victory are kicking us off here now, and they are going to make hold the ball up, Thompson gets the ball from Patafta, he passes to Broxham and Broxham is caught napping and Garland breaks away from him with the ballhe passes to Maxie who charges down the pitch and he fires off a shot past Kemp and passed the keeper way past the keeper but it goes out of play. Maxie may have had more time to do something with that then he showed, but we are bringing this ball back into play they are not in any hurry here Glenorchy are showing some sign of change on the bench David Harding is up off the bench, but the Victory have the ball Garland headers the ball into the way of McKissack, he passes to DeSalis but Thompson slides in and takes the balland passes to Hernandez the Knights are holding off of him, Reland comes in for the challenge he takes the ball passes to Maxie, Maxie passes to McKissack, McKissack is unchallenged and he fires off a nice shot it's saved, we have a corner here.

Glenorchy are calling for a change here but Maxie is ready to take the corner, he gets it in there it is cleared by the Victory but it falls at the feet of Garland and he gets in there unchallenged and he fires a ball burster straight through into the back of the net, the Victory were alseep and were punished for their napping, Garland now has 4 goals, a new club record for the Knights. 5-nil This is getting embarrassing for the Victory there is no hiding from this at all, Glenorchy are making the change and McKissack who had a good game is making way for David Harding, Harding jogs onto the pitch the Victory get us back under way here Glenorchy change formation they have changed to 4-4-2 and Harding is marking Thompson here, Thompson is trying to fake him out here but he goes back to Hernanadez that jogs around and he passes off to Keenan and he is being checked here by Leung, Leung is not holding off here at all. Parks now has the ball and he is facing Brian Gilligan, Gilligan gets the ball back for Glenorchy.

DeSalis now has the ball and he is in the middle looking around he finds Harding, Harding stops and then makes a good pass to Maxie, he is making his way close to goal and he fires a shot and he has scored!! And Maxie loves his it's now 6-nil Maxie is still celebrating that one and we are going back to the middle and the Victory are kicking us off here, they turn it over to Leung though, Leung holds it up for Harding to run by, he passes to DeSalis who passes it back but Leung is taken down, and it does not look good here Leung is injured. Glenorchy fans are not happy, Keenan has taken down Leung, and he is getting a talking to but this is game over for Leung, Glenorchy have used all their subs so they are now a man down here.

Glenorchy have the ball now, DeSalis passes to Garland who passes it backto Maxie, Maxie looks arouns and DeSalis is calling for the ball he's just outside of the box here, and he sees Maxie and he puts it right at his feet and Maxie has scored again it's now 7-nil this was a good team goal here by the Knights DeSalis has shown why he is the captain of this club. We're back again in the middle and the Victory are just looking flat now, they have given up the game now, some of the fans are making their way towards the exits here. Glenorchy steal the ball again Reland and Gilligan have the ball, Desalis now gets into some space he has the ball and he beats the keeper and it has not reached 8-nil with one man down injured Glenorchy are still able to keep the Melbourne Victory down this defence is very strong they have only allowed 5 shots on goal, while Glenorchy has had 35 shots on goal in this game.

Maxie steals the ball and he passes it off to Reland, Reland sends it out to Harding and he moves the ball into the forward half for Glenorchy he sends it over to Garland but Garland was out played there for the ball for the first time this game the Victory have had a chance to get the ball, having that one man there has managed to produce this, Archie Thompson has the ball and he is getting further without a challenge, now Reland and Gilligan are onto Thompson who now passes to Henandez, Hernandez gets the ball and he scores!! 8-1 it has came to late, there are only 2 minutes of injury time allowed and Glenorchy are 7 goals ahead there was not much of a cheer there from the Melbourne crowd..

Glenorchy start off there in the middle Harding has the ball and he passes to DeSalis, who has played a great captains game, DeSalis passes back to Harding, and Harding charges forward with the ball, Garland gets the pass from Harding and there goes the whistle the game is over and Glenorchy has won another one, and they have done it even with them being backed as the underdogs again. They have stepped up when needed and have produced a win that no one gave them a chance of winning they have the best defence it appears, this was the first goal to have been scored against them since Ben Robinson was given a game in a Friendly.

Post Game Analsis

What can be said about this game? I don't think I am the only one surprised here, I felt that the Melbourne Victory should have recorded a comfortable win over Glenorchy, they were the more fancied team they have been a tough team to beat for some and then they have lost to a new team here. But the Victory found themselves here on the end of a big loss, and they are going to have to do some soul searching they had a total of 6 shots on goal to about 40 odd by Glenorchy, and the only way they scored was they caught Glenorchy without a player and without Leung to pick up the ball they caught Glenorchy late in the game and scored. Merrick will be dissappointed here and he will be asking soime serious questions about this effort.

Key Man Watch (Glenorchy) - Matthew Makpeace - I was very impressed with Matthew Makpeace here today, the attacking midfielder was in exceptional form and capped off a great game by creating a goal. There's some good times ahead for Glenorchy they have been blessed with some fine young talent in their side if they can keep guys like Harding, Makepeace, and both Gilligans then they are going to be a massive force in time to come.

Key Man Watch (Melbourne Victory) Archie Thompson - Thompson will look to forget this game, he was soundly beaten and when he got the ball the Knights were able to get it back and make them pay. Glenorchy can feel good keeping Thompson quiet, and keeping him out of the way for most of the game, sure he got the ball and sure he may have set up some of forward thrusts but, he did not score. They needed someone to stand up and score for them and Thompson was lacking that and with that said he and the rest of his team were flat.

World Cup game is unedited as it was used with a the trial version of the game, which has seen Australia draw 2 games, and such. But I can give you a link to the other story...or start to post it here I started as Everton in it and well...went like crap. :D

I'll take some screen shots later today and throw it up.

The Majestic added 2 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

This is a link to the gaming story I am talking about The Harding StoryI am going to qualify for the next round and hopefully we can beat the next round of teams. :)

This story is going on a bit of a hiatus while I tend to a move straight to Melbourne until Thursday I will be finishing the packing and then THursday 4am I am heading out of Queenstown and heading to Hobart for a flight to Melbourne and a move into my new place.

Thanks for all the comments, and I hope to bring this one back as soon as possible.

logo-foxsports.gif

Suzuki joins Panthers
by I
sabella Cooper

It's official the Melbourne Panthers have officially signed Japanese striker Kai Suzuki to a contract after the Melbourne side was announced this afternoon. Suzuki was targeted by a few big name clubs one of which English powerhouse Manchester United, they had him on their radar for the last two seasons he spent with AC Milan but today he decided he wanted to play in Australia.

"We're happy to have gotten our man!" a spokesman for the new Melbourne side said once the announcement was made. Kai Suzuki a native of Hiroshima has been playing for AC Milan the last two seasons and it was announced at the conclusion of their season he was moving on and the first team to signal interest was Manchester United.

Manchester United are not happy with not securing a deal to get him across, they have also been chasing Glenochy Knights stars throwing around the money trying to lure the young Australians to England. English club Liverpool has also been trying to secure Irish born stars The Gilligan brothers who have been in great form for the Knights.

Jimmy Francis has been said to be close to coming to terms to sin with Liverpool and it may see him become a regular with them, while the Knights do not have the funds to compete with these sides, some players have decided to stick out the season which has not officially gotten underway with the A-Leaguie pre-season almost coming to an end.

The start up National Soccer League has been gaining forward momentum for the last week signing new clubs, and new players, the main surprise is still Queenstown getting a side no one knows how or why this was a decision but it has been made and now we are going to see how it ends up.

Melbourne Panthers will be playing their home games at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne, and there are rumours that a future stadium could be built to house the Panthers in the near future. While there will be a fight on with the Victory at the same oval it seems the NSL is ready to make the World stand up and take notice of Australian football.

There is talk of a new Sydney team being announced in a few hours which will bring the league to 5 teams, with 3 of which being from Tasmania, it is also expected that the Wellington side, who dropped out of the A-League will be granted entry into the league as soon as Monday.

Everyone's after the Knights players. What's that, Man City bid 50 million for Dr. Pepper? Dr. Pepper turns it down! Man Utd definitely aren't happy, they were after the Japanese player for a long time and It's a big blow not to get him, or the Knights players. Great update Maj! :clap

queenstowncrows.png

Queenstown Crows join NSL
by Isabella Cooper

The NSL have announced a surprise new side for the new National Soccer League that has been created, for the first time ever Queenstown will be able to support their own football side as a side was today announced in the West Coast of Tasmania. The side is believed to be set up as the head for the West Coast with Strahan and Zeehan supporters expected to take to the side.

The West Coast of Tasmania has surprisingly come out in support of a Queenstown Crows soccer team, which is going to raise a lot of eye brows especially with the travel time from Hobart to the area. Spokesman for the new Queenstown side is said to be setting up a regional express into the town which there is a small airport in the town.

Rosebery, and other towns are expected to be ready to support the side, and signings will start in the next few days with Natone expected to top the talent pool as far as players goes at the moment. South Burnie is reportedly off the radar as Burnie United has said to be ready to protest the addition of the Queenstown side into the league.

Burnie were fighting for the license as was Launceston, and Devonport, Launceston City are said to be livid with the news of a Queenstown side, and other parts of Australia are surprised at this latest announcement.

preseason.jpg

glenmagpies1.jpg
VS
centralcoast.jpg

Pre-Match Analysis

Match Odds

Glenorchy: 7-1 Draw: 3-1 Central Coast Mariners: 1-3(Fav)

Key Man (Glenorchy): Blair Stevanonich - The ever reliable young Attacking Midfielder and Defender always steps up for big games. The self proclaimed Croatian Sensation has been looking forward to being gien a big role in the side and he is going to be the key man for the Knights in this the first of the Grand Final Series. Stevanovich will be likely thrown in as a defender early on and then roam around the pitch, he will provide the Mariners with some headchaes.

Key Man (Central Coast Mariners): Alex Wilkinson - I have picked both defenders as being key today, this game is the most important game in the pre-season the Knights have not got any silverware yet, being this is their maiden season, and the Mariners are going to want to keep it that way and I believe that Wilkinson is going to be the man the prevent them from getting the goals on the board to win this one.

Line Ups

glenmarinerslineup.jpg

Glenorchy Subs

glensubsmariners.jpg

Match Preview

The time for talking is over, Glenorchy has had no problems coming through the rounds of the Pre-season cup, they have taken all before them and are in their first ever final here. The Mariners are looking to cash in on the less experienced Knights who have never been in a game for a Cup, as pointed out earlier I am expecting both defenders to be the keys today, Glenorchy has regained their injured players and have been looking like they are going to go the season without a loss.

Prediction

While Glenorchy have a quality side here on the park I am expecting the Mariners to have too much class for Glenorchy and I believe we will see an easy and very comfortable win for the Mariners.

Users who are viewing this thread