Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
Yeah Montoya left in the middle of a season. His pairing with Ralf worked well for them.
Renault,i hate the team.In fact, I just don't like Alonso and the animated Renault boss.

Yeah Montoya left in the middle of a season. His pairing with Ralf worked well for them.
Renault,i hate the team.In fact, I just don't like Alonso and the animated Renault boss.

Well, that was BMW-Williams car where Ralf and Montoya were competing their best with M.Schumi. ;) Yes, those days were entertaining -- David and Kimi from McLaren, Ralf and Montoya from BMWWilliams, Schumi and Rubens from Ferrari provided the unlimited entertainment to the spectators. Infact, I used to watch F1 with more craze than Cricket.

After Schumi's retirement and new rules in F1 and with new drivers, my interest in F1 has been on a decreasing curve. Somehow, I got back the eagerness to watch F1 again this season.. May be because of unexpected Ferrari's win without Schumi last season. :p

In fact my interest went down during Renault's victory years. That was after the rule change and after a few good drivers left. But,its come back again.

Btw,how many will be going to Singapore this year to catch the Grand Prix live ?

:happy Ferrari dominating in Malaysia :happy

Really, it is a magnificent driving by Ferrari drivers in Q2 start. At the moment Kimi is in no 1 position followed by McLaren, then Trulli, Massa and Hamilton. :) I can see either Ferrari or McLaren winning this race tomorrow but my heart/mind both wants Ferrari 1 and 2 in Sunday race.

Also, I really pity Force India. They failed to pass to Q2 because of Rubens which was the last car qualified for Q2 forcing Fisichella out from going to Q2.

And Alonso.. Yes! The driving of the Renault car is looking pretty less than a mediocre. He deserves it. He unnecessarily pushed himself out of Mclaren due to ego problems and now he's in all sorts of troubles. The driving of both Renault drivers is unimpressive.

:happy YES!!! Ferrari 1 & 2 in Q3. :happy Extra Ordinary driving from Massa and Kimi in the final lap.. They competed within themselves and took Ferrari to the peak level in Qualifying. Superb performance from Ferrari drivers. Interesting Qualifying session.

Last edited:
Adrian Sutil is nothing more than crap. What the hell was Mallya thinking in hiring him. Narain would have done much better than him and would have given his whole for the name India.

Go Ferrari go.Fisichella just missed his chance of Q2.Adrian Sutil did well at the end of the last season.I thought he would continue that.But seeing him now,he is a total crap.

Last edited:
Adrian Sutil is nothing more than crap. What the hell was Mallya thinking in hiring him. Narain would have done much better than him and would have given his whole for the name India.

Give his some more time.Maybe,he cannot adjust himself to Force India car.
And talkign about Narain,Karun Chandok and Armaan Ibhrahim are much much better than him.

When experienced cars like Renault tend to struggle that too under, so called as, form champion Alonso in Malaysia, it didn't surprise me that Force India fail to qualify for Q2 and Q3. Fisichella tried his best though.

Also a fact,

" In Malaysia, out of 9 times, the pole position qualifier has won the race for 5 times. In that too, Mclaren did not even once it seems. Six times by Ferrari in Malaysia track! "

Commentator said this during today's qualifying. And it seems that everything is set to be ready for Ferrari's dominance to continue in tomorrow's race.

Hope they don't prove my confidence wrong :upray Com'on Ferrari!!!

Also a fact,

" In Malaysia, out of 9 times, the pole position qualifier has won the race for 5 times. In that too, Mclaren did not even once it seems. Six times by Ferrari in Malaysia track! "

Commentator said this during today's qualifying. And it seems that everything is set to be ready for Ferrari's dominance to continue in tomorrow's race.

Was he saying a McLaren's never been on pole in Malaysia or they've never won a race in Malaysia? If the latter I would like to prove him wrong. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how much fuel cars have on board. The Ferrari's looked ahead of everyone on pace, but the other teams were very bunched up, I wonder if fuel loads have moved the grid around a bit.

Also of course rain will be a massive factor tomorrow. If it does rain it's anyone's race. If the Ferrari drivers couldn't keep their cars on the track in the dry in Australia how will they fair in monsoon conditions?

Well the way drivers backed off after their flying lap is just down right dangerous. Mind you, it wasn't just the McLaren guys who did it. I guess they just happened to be in the wrong place on the track.

To be honest, the whole system of qualifying is badly thought out. They have this situation now where drivers conserve fuel because they got rid of the fuel credits (because that was in itself just stupid). For me the best solution is to stop all this carry fuel into the race, let them go out on whatever fuel they want. I always want to see the fastest guy at the front, not all these false grids caused by differing fuel strategy.

Was he saying a McLaren's never been on pole in Malaysia or they've never won a race in Malaysia? If the latter I would like to prove him wrong. ;)

In the qualifying. Though Ferrari has won the majority of race( 4 or 5 in last 9 races), if i am right, after M.Schumi, they are yet to win in Malaysia. Though history favors Ferrari, the drivers need to show their best tomorrow.

Also while browsing, i found one Interesting Read! ;)

stevie said:

Good good.. :p

So if you read that it basically says that Michael Schumacher won a lot there. Well yes, we knew that, he won a lot everywhere. None of those "facts" really have any bearing on the outcome of the race tbh.

So if you read that it basically says that Michael Schumacher won a lot there. Well yes, we knew that, he won a lot everywhere. None of those "facts" really have any bearing on the outcome of the race tbh.

hehe.. thats why said as, " History! ". ;) And this one isn't biased either on Schumi or Ferrari..

Last year?s Malaysian Grand Prix pole-sitter Felipe Massa finished the race in fifth, but in the three years before that the person who qualified on pole went on to win.

So just a confidence booster for both Ferrari drivers. Or may be as usual, engine reliability problem comes into picture from nowhere in the middle/end of the race. :rolleyes: The worst thing which isn't expected from a good competition is these kinds of unfortunate problems. :upray

This reminds me Hakkinen's retirement in one of the races(I don't remember which circuit it was) in the final turn of the last lap. He was running as no 1 and Schumi as no 2. All of a sudden, McLaren car stopped in the final corner of the last lap. Schumi won the race. He personally went to Mika after the race and exchanged warm handshakes and feelings for that unfortunate happening. I remember this very well because, I was jumping like India-Pakistan cricket match during that race. :p

Users who are viewing this thread