Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
He lost it due to trying to slow a car from 180mph down to 50mph in very wet conditions. The reaction of the car looked like the wets didn't clear the waterm on whatever bit of road he was on.

It was dry at that point. :p It was almost exactly the same as Coulthard's crash in qualifying, except Raikkonen kept it out of the wall and DC didn't.

Track was still damp though, wasn't it? I only saw the highlights and I had been drinking.

sutilfz9.jpg

This was before the point of impact, Sutil is already on opposite lock, so he wasn't going to make it around the corner, due to the 'wet patch'.

I got this information from another website.

Last edited:
It was mostly dry by then, all the cars were on dry tyres and at the point where Raikkonen lost it, it wasn't actually wet.

Kimi Raikkonen said:
?It was just a racing incident," the Finn repeated, "I just locked the rear brakes on the bump and you cannot really slow the car after that. There was nowhere to go, and not enough space to try and avoid him. Basically, I just think my brakes were a bit too cold and I locked the rear.

It was just after the long safety car period after Rosberg made a mess of his Williams, which would explain cold brakes.

Track was still damp though, wasn't it? I only saw the highlights and I had been drinking.

sutilfz9.jpg

This was before the point of impact, Sutil is already on opposite lock, so he wasn't going to make it around the corner, due to the 'wet patch'.

I got this information from another website.

Nah he was being hit at that point already, just as contact was made.

I reckon it was a culmination of slicks losing temperature in the cold and damp (off the racing line) conditions and it caught Raikonnen out slightly, and unfortunately he hit Sutil. I feel sorry for him, I mean finishing in 4th could have been his big break to a better team. Although, assuming what happened to Kimi happened to anyone else, I expect a similiar result would have ocurred, maybe not into Sutil, but definately into the barriers, he did superbly well to keep it straight for as long as he did too!

Hamilton is on pole for tomorrow's Canadian Grand Prix. A full 6 tenths faster than 2nd placed Kubica and a whole second quicker than Kimi. Light load? Or just brilliant driving?

The track is breaking up, worryingly.

I'm not sure it is low fuel to be honest. As we saw, the Ferrari's were every bit as fast as him in the first two sectors, but he's destroying everyone in the last sector.

i suppose it was carma for monaco but that was in the wet in tricky conditions, Hamilton drove into a parked car.
No question who i want to win the champ (see avatar)

Last edited by a moderator:
i suppose it was carma for monaco but that was in the wet in tricky conditions, Hamilton drove into a parked car.
No question who i want to win the champ (see avatar)
Alonso?:p
Anyway, Hamilton just didn't look apparantely so it's his fault and he took the blame, I do think though the extra punishment was slighty harsh but in another he did deserve it.
Actually we should all be really praising how well Kubica and BMW did on Sunday. Who would have thought it last year when Kubica had a huge crash at Canada and then wins the year after, incredible. I must say though he did deserve it for how competitive he has been this year and it was about time he got a win.
Also Couthard had a fantastic drive aswell to get his second podium for Red Bull and Glock showed his talentgetting a brilliant 4th, shame really though he did help Massa pass Trulli.

Alonso?:p
Anyway, Hamilton just didn't look apparantely so it's his fault and he took the blame, I do think though the extra punishment was slighty harsh but in another he did deserve it.
Actually we should all be really praising how well Kubica and BMW did on Sunday. Who would have thought it last year when Kubica had a huge crash at Canada and then wins the year after, incredible. I must say though he did deserve it for how competitive he has been this year and it was about time he got a win.
Also Couthard had a fantastic drive aswell to get his second podium for Red Bull and Glock showed his talentgetting a brilliant 4th, shame really though he did help Massa pass Trulli.

its kimi

Nice drive by Trulli saving his ass off for last 12 laps.

So I was listening to the radio the other day, and something interesting caught my ear... a honda advert which cited Jenson Button's 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix win as proof of Honda quality. Either they expect the audience to be so ignorant that they (at the very least) do not think a two year old win is a symbol of persistant quality, or they themselves are ignorant of the laughing stock that Honda F1 has become.

It was a Honda advert so obviously they are going to mention their good times. Besides I doubt most of the listeners even know how much they have fallen in F1 since.

They continue to make quality and affordable sedans and I love my Accord!

Users who are viewing this thread