Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
I think the last two races have shown just how ordinary Massa is. Put virtually any current F1 driver in that Ferrari and he'd do better than that muppet. Massa just left the door open, OK Hamilton was much quicker and yes if he hadn't have yielded they would have tangled, but what the hell was he doing opening the door in the first place, he had the line and he just moved wide.

Hamilton may lack maturity (let's face it he's just a kid anyway) but at least he actually has some racecraft. If it is true that Hamilton has been overdriving the car so far this season but has now found a way to get some extra speed without ringing the car's neck then Massa is gonna be eating his dust a lot more. I've never understood what Ferrari saw in Massa, they could have had their pick of drivers and they went for him???????

I've said that for a long time Kev. Always seen Massa as an ordinary driver in a very very good Ferrari. Yes he has won races, but he should have won a lot more than he has in that car.

Its true that he did probably give Hamilton the opportunity but I think he realised it much later though, when it was too late. He did try to get back in front almost immediately.

Massa does have the maturity but lacks the skill. I also think Trulli and Alonso have made their substandard cars look a lot better. How Piquet's Renault was that quick is a mystery for me. (I know he was very light on fuel but still I dont think the difference would have been much compared to the cars behind him)

Piquet was quick in pretty much all the sessions except quali though. I think he's a better driver than he looks at Renault. In recent years I think Renault has not been the right team for a young driver to go to, they just don't seem to get the support they need to grow.

Obviously being on a single stop strategy he looked slow in the first part of the race and yes he benefited massively from the timing of the safety cat but at the end of the grand prix, as long as he hadn't totally worn out his tyres he would have been without the extra weight he carried so should have been fairly quick anyway.

On the subject of the safety car, I really hate this rule where lapped cars can overtake, I just don't see why they do it apart from to artificially close up the field again something which is just not needed as the safety car wrecks all the hard work the leader has done anyway.

Massa has been outdoing Kimi in all races now. Who is number 1 in that team?

Massa got fined for the pit incident. Not sure why, it wasn't his fault. I hope that Ferrari refueller is okay, looked very nasty. What a boring race where it not for those incidents.

Massa got fined for the pit incident.

That was a farce. In the GP2 race they were handing out drive through penalties for dangerous releases. Apart from that and Kimi's brain imploding, this was the most boring race I've seen in a long, long, long time. The track is awful too.

It looked quite good in qualifying, but it is awful. If next years race is like this ones, then they can't keep racing there, can they?

It looked quite good in qualifying, but it is awful. If next years race is like this ones, then they can't keep racing there, can they?

As long as it makes Bernie money it will stay on the calender. Hungary is a dreadful venue and regularly produces follow the leader type races, but F1 still goes there. There's a few others as well. At the other end of the spectrum we have Silverstone, which regularly produces exciting races yet is getting the boot after next year because it doesn't make enough money and doesn't look "pretty" enough.

Whereas racing around a track at a container port in Spain is much prettier in Bernie's eyes!

Can't quite picture a Felixstowe GP can you?

Great race already. kimi has taken advantage of Leiws mistake and now gong strong.

Love this SPA circuit. Makes for real overtaking racing.

Poor Kimi. :crying

LOL at Alonso trying to be cute by going for wet tyres in last lap.

scion_sid added 34 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Five. Italy, Singapore, Japan, China and Brazil.

Singapore will be something else.

Gambling favored Hamilton somehow.. But Kimi has been excellent today.. rain playing a spoilsport to Ferrari! Anyways, good race to watch. Though Hamilton's aggressive tactics like these favors him now, it won't help him in long runs of his career profession. It's like a young cricketer smashing 6's now and then in one end where as in other end, an experienced player is playing with tactics ;) where former will be able to just stay for short period with short entertainment and the latter will remain for a longer period with consistency!

This reminds me Alonso's first title with Renault where many people believed that Alonso will be the future champion like how Schumi was for Ferrari.. and it just stayed for a period. :)

Doesn't matter, looks like Hamilton has been given a 25 second penalty for the pass on Raikonen at the bus-stop, thereby having his win stripped and given to Massa. I think he only has a 2 point lead in the championship now. As much as I hate to see Hamilton and McLaren do well, that makes no sense at all as he let Raikonen passed immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread