Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
It's utterly pathetic. For the sheer fact that Hamilton gave Kimi the position back!

It's utterly pathetic. For the sheer fact that Hamilton gave Kimi the position back!

It's a bloody disgrace. Lewis had no choice but to go wide, but as you said, he immediately gave the position back. This stinks. To high heaven!

Vettel on pole at a wet Monza. Lewis qualifies 15th after McLaren cock-up strategies, yet again, Kimi is 14th and Massa is 6th. Those Toro Rosso's were quick!

I thought Lewis drove damn well and was unlucky with the weather - that said his blocking of Webber was a bit cynical.
All credit to Vettel though. That was a fantastic drive.

Vettel you legend! Superb victory. Great to see him on the podium and great to hear those all familiar national anthems. I hope to hear that combination quite a lot as his career progresses. Good run for Hamilton and Kubica as well. Good past few races for my favourite drivers Vettel, Kubica and Heidfeld.

I thought Lewis drove damn well and was unlucky with the weather - that said his blocking of Webber was a bit cynical.

I was totally unimpressed by his chopping of Alonso down the straight as well. During the middle his pace was brilliant, although in catching up to the back of Massa he probably butchered the tyres, hence him then dropping back at the end.

It's impossible to say too much about Vettel, he was just brilliant and just what F1 needed after the shambles of last week.

I remember watching Vettel in the Race of Champions and he was just awesome. From then on I have belived he will be a great driver, and today he showed that glimpse of magic. I just hope he can build on this and continue to put it some fantastic races in the Toro Rosso before he moves on to a faster car.

The funny thing is that Torro Rosso was seen as the feeder team for RBR. I am glad DC is retiring next season, because he is plain useless at the moment. Webber makes him look like a complete noob.

But brilliant drive by Vettel. I know he had a lot of factors favouring him and on a normal race conditions, his car would not have been able to stay clear on the Ferraris, but still he had to get a job done and he did it. I was not to pleased to hear the German-Italian anthem combination to be honest though as I hated Michael Schumacher.

Hamilton drove well but he pissed me off yesterday when he chopped two or three of the drivers (including Alonso) in what look really rash and reckless. Alonso has done brilliantly this season nevertheless, despite having poor machinery, and each and every point that he has earned is all credit to him alone.

Oh, and Massa showed Hamilton, how exactly you surrender your advantage after straightlining a chicane. Brilliant.

That's unfair. Hamilton did surrender back positions at Monza when he had to straightline a chicane. Anyway, I think it's already been accepted that the rules on not being able to pass until after the next corner, were less than clear.

Oh, and Massa showed Hamilton, how exactly you surrender your advantage after straightlining a chicane. Brilliant.

I agree with Sureshot, that is unfair. Hamilton did as the team told him and the team were twice told by the race director that it was fine. Massa also only moved over because he was told to. The funny thing is I really didn't think Massa did anything wrong, they were all mauling the kerbs in the second chicane and there were a number of other similar overtaking moves. More inconsistency.

I think we have to take the weather conditions into effect when considering chicanes and overtaking.

I agree with Sureshot, that is unfair. Hamilton did as the team told him and the team were twice told by the race director that it was fine. Massa also only moved over because he was told to. The funny thing is I really didn't think Massa did anything wrong, they were all mauling the kerbs in the second chicane and there were a number of other similar overtaking moves. More inconsistency.

I was being sarcastic. Hamilton did get it right this time around. And I too was a bit concerned about the cars going almost completely over the curbs, but then I think it would be unfair to be consistent with the rules if the conditions were NOT consistent.

It really annoys me how pedantic F1 has become, whats wrong with a bit of curb jumping, a bit of chicane cutting, a bit of wheel banging? Jeez its what we all want to see!! Its called racing, if I wanted to watch a procession of cars, I'd go stand by a motorway for a bit!

Dear oh dear, Ferrari looks like they might have blown there chances with a major cock up at the pits, Hamilton ftw!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread