Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
Poor start by Lewis, very poor driving. Alonso drove a great race, as did Piquet and Kubica.

Give Alonso Ferrari and see him dominate the races again.

Penalties, Penalties, Penalties

F1 is gonna have to watch itself or it really will become a procession of very expensive cars.

First corner - Yes Hamilton lost his head, he locked up bigstyle but I think Raikonnen and Kovalinen also braked a bit too late (lost track of everyone else's braking), yes it ended in cars running off the track and yes it was avoidable. But I've never heard of a penalty being given for basically being a twat. Not much different to many a first corner incident, they happen all the time.

Massa on Hamilton - Probably deserved, Massa did cut the track and he certainly should have avoided contact. I guess on the basis of Hamilton's penalty at Spa there was no choice but to hand this one out.

Massa and Bourdais - Can't believe Bourdais got penalised! Massa promoted to 7th. If anything it was Massa who was in the wrong, he gave Bourdais no room and deserved to spin. But really this should have been ignored as just a racing incident.

One that got away - Massa (again!) on Webber. Massa straight across the pit exit, over the chevrons right at the exit too. Luckily nobody was making a splash and dash pitstop and exiting the pitlane because that could have ended in disaster and maybe even death. But it seems its totally ignored.

Great drive from Alonso, probably is the best driver on the grid, shame for him that he's so difficult out of the car else he probably would still be at McLaren or at Ferrari where he would have won the championship with ease. Certainly can't count out Alonso for the last couple of races, its just a shame that next season the rules change bigstyle and the field will spread out again.

I can't believe they have dropped Bourdais down to 10th! It's a ridiculous decision. He couldn't do anything else. He just stuck to the inside line and Massa went straight into him. They have to appeal if they can. It just shows blatant bias towards Ferarri again!

I can't believe they have dropped Bourdais down to 10th! It's a ridiculous decision. He couldn't do anything else. He just stuck to the inside line and Massa went straight into him. They have to appeal if they can. It just shows blatant bias towards Ferarri again!
If we learned anything from Hamilton's penalty at Spa it's that Stop/Go penalties (or 25 seconds if handed out after the race) are not appealable.

Well then it's a completely disgraceful decision. Bourdais must be absolutely gutted.

It was a great race, although I only watched the last 21 laps, I did skip to watch the start on Sky+. Lets hope Interlagos is a similar race, because the track is great in Brazil.

The penalties to Hamilton and Massa, I can understand. The latter colliding with Hamilton and the former forcing Raikkonen a long way off the track. The Bourdais penalty, is completely beyond my comprehension. If Bourdais had a blue flag, then I could understand it. I feel like we are getting to a point in F1 where if contact is made in an overtaking manoeuvre, it is someone's fault, I think we've lost the term Racing Incident.

It's also worth noting that Bourdais was not being lapped at the time, it was for position.

I know, I was just speaking hypothetically. I'm still flummoxed by the decision, it's not even as though Bourdais turned into Massa! I can't think of any reason for the penalty to Bourdais.

Lewis is on pole for tomorrow's Chinese Grand Prix (8am start for those in the UK). He looked quick. Some awful blocking by Heidfeld on DC sees him penalised 3 places on the grid. Massa is 3rd on the grid, behind Raikkonen. You'd assume that Kimi would move over/lose the position in the pits. I heard something about Bourdais' penalty being overturned tomorrow morning, if so that'd give Lewis a 6pt lead, meaning that if Massa finished 3rd and Lewis won, then Felipe would have to win in Brazil and Hamilton to retire or finish outside of the points to win the title. Massa has 5 wins this season, Hamilton has 4 wins.

Ferrari have a simple strategy really. Make Kimi crash into Lewis and Massa wins the race. Heikki has been disappointing this season really.

Does anyone here agree with me that this is just waste of fuel and money.

Ferrari have a simple strategy really. Make Kimi crash into Lewis and Massa wins the race. Heikki has been disappointing this season really.

If thats the Ferrari strategy, Then FIA's strategy will be striping all points of Ferrari and 100 Million $'s Fine for Ferrari.

Alonso firing in start. Go make it three in row.

Does anyone here agree with me that this is just waste of fuel and money.

It's entertainment. Could say the same about any other sport, they all use fuel and money.

Boring race, though Lewis kept his nerve brilliantly. 5th in Brazil and the title is his.

Dunno if it was boring, clinical is probably how I'd describe it. Lewis in total control all weekend even got a fastest lap of once!

Massa in the press conference was a joke - I was at my fastest in the third stint and we managed to overtake Kimi - Oh yeah of course you did, only because if he drove any slower he'd have been able to stop of a coffee to let you past then carry on. At least be honest about it.

Users who are viewing this thread