Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
I would it a bit weird initially but think I actually like it now. Old school rocks!

Just knew it that Button would do it again. He is a good driver, has the best car on the track, so only something extra special from one of the other drivers or a poor performance from Button himself, can deny him first place.

Not the track for overtaking, but can lead to a very accidents, so maybe that lineup will change come the end of the race today. Still expect Button to win it though. Hope that Alonso finishes in the points.

Best race of the year, may not be overly exciting but Monaco is Monaco. The first corner is normally epic.

Can't see anyone other than Button winning aslong as he has no Mechanical problems/accidents.

Where was safety car?

Force India had good race and Giancarlo almost got 8th plaace. As for championship Button will win that with 4 races to go.

Good to see Brawn win again they did a good job, getting slightly boring that there's not enough competition up there, if Red Bull were just a tad quicker it would be an extremely close championship.

On a side point it would appear that the wrangling over the budget is slowly being sorted out between the teams as a result of the meetings during the Monaco weekend.

Someone as the class of Alonso should not be driving at Renault. Hopefully he will go to Ferrari next season with Kimi being axed and returning to Mclaren for Heikki

Overall was poor weekend for Mclaren. Lewis Hamilton mistake was unfortunate in qualifying. As for Heikki he will be disappointed Mclaren looked quicker than Ferrari in practice so he would of been disappointed finishing in 7th and then crashing in the race. Mclaren should really give their test driver Pedro de la Rosa a run. I think Mclaren should look to develop next season’s car now. I will be very surprised if they get a podium this season, as they will have no chance in turkey where the track is all about pace. Will be another Barcelona/Monaco for Lewis.

Ferrari look to be improving. Kimi looks to have gotten his act together with a good drive for a long time but I still think Ferrari will axe him for Alonso. Massa too had a good race. I still think Ferrari will struggle in the next race.

Red Bull should be disappointed with this race. They had new diffusers and didn't take advantage although it was their first race with it.

Brawns in my opinion have won the championship. Shame about Barrichello looks like he will be 2nd fiddle like he was with Michael Schumacher.

Renault wouldn’t be anywhere without Alonso. Piquet has been very disappointing. Flavio should be rueing his remarks he made about Button all those years ago.

As for the budget saga, a cap needs to be introduced but much higher than 40m and Ferrari need to stop acting like a spoilt brat. Looks like the budget has been put off until 2011 but then the same saga and drama will continue next year!

Last edited:
C'mon Vettel! A real chance for Vettel to stamp his authority as a real challenger to Button with a win here. The car looks good and I think, bar any mechanical problems, that Red Bull and Brawn will be fighting it out for all of the top 4 positions.

Vettel lighter than Button again although not by as much as normal.

Its the race that matter though. Button has shown he has pace if if he has more fuel load.

Thats what I was getting at. Button doesn't have to overtake Vettel on the start, he just has to stay with him until the first pitstops and be able to put some quick laps in when Vettel pits.

Rubens have worst start possible and Button is already in lead.

Button is number 1 again. He is doing what MS used to do.

Good race for Red Bulls as well. Its new world order in F1 these days.

I think the other teams need to just forget about this season and start working on next year. One of the reasons why Button is leading the championship is because of the fact he has not made a single mistake till now, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread