Group B thread (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion about Group B

Group B Standings

1st England (2w,0L,1d,3pd) 7 pts
2nd Sweden (1w,0L,2d,1pd) 5 pts
3rd Paraguay (1w,2L,0d,0pd) 3 pts
4th Trinidad and Tobago (0w,2L,1d,-4pd) 1 pts

Schedule

10-Jun-06 Frankfurt ENG 1-0 PAR 15:00
10-Jun-06 Dortmund TRI 0-0 SWE 18:00
15-Jun-06 Nuremberg ENG 2-0 TRI 18:00
15-Jun-06 Berlin SWE 1-0 PAR 21:00
20-Jun-06 Cologne SWE 2-2 ENG 21:00
20-Jun-06 Kaiserslautern PAR 2-0 TRI 21:00

Source - Yahoo

Well this is the group I'll be watching :D

I reckon that the opening game, England vs Paraguay, will decide who goes through, (Sweden will for sure), but as long as we beat Paraguay and T&T then we'll be safe.

I will be watching this group and Group H.

I think Paraguay will be a threat to a certain extent for England.
T&T will be a cakewalk.

I don't think you should underestimate T&T, most of their players play in England or have played in England and will know the playing style of the English, it'll be an interesting match for sure.

This is my Favourite Group as England is there.I like England bcoz (Owen,Beckham and Gerrad are in England team)

I will advise Sylvester to change the Sweden colour to a darker shade of yellow. Else its getting very hard to read.

hondeyho said:
I don't think you should underestimate T&T, most of their players play in England or have played in England and will know the playing style of the English, it'll be an interesting match for sure.

Yes, the have a few players who haved played in England, like Dwight Yorke and Carlos Edwards who plays for luton atm. England and Sweden should go through, and i expect Sweden to be top because England never beat Sweden.

Firstly a big thanks to the admins for starting this forum.

Id be watching this one closely as well,I still think that England would cruise through the group despite Rooney possibly unavailable.I guess the other team to cross would be Sweden but Paraguay might spring a surprise.

sid_19840 said:
Firstly a big thanks to the admins for starting this forum.

Id be watching this one closely as well,I still think that England would cruise through the group despite Rooney possibly unavailable.I guess the other team to cross would be Sweden but Paraguay might spring a surprise.

If England beat Paraguay Sweden should aswell. Anyway, let's just wait for june 10th :rolleyes:

England will win the group comfortably IMO. There's always a first time, so why not at this tournament we can beat Sweeden (We have done it before btw).

Paraguay must not be taken lightly though,they did beat Argentina in the qualifiers(if I remember correctly) and they are a much better team overall than in the previous world cup.

I won't be watching this group that closely, since my favourite teams are in other groups. But I think Sweden will top the group. On second place it will be either Paraguay or England. If I had to choose it would be England.

cricket doctor said:
...infact it's been 37 years.

A very long time, and even with a Swedish Turnip in charge we still can't beat them.

Predictions for England:
England 3-1 Paraguay
England 2-1 T&T
England 1-1 Sweden

Then I reckon whoever we play in the knock-out stages we'll lose 1-0.

hondeyho said:
A very long time, and even with a Swedish Turnip in charge we still can't beat them.

Predictions for England:
England 3-1 Paraguay
England 2-1 T&T
England 1-1 Sweden

Then I reckon whoever we play in the knock-out stages we'll lose 1-0.

Do you really think T&T will score? I'm not so sure about that :p.

My predictions for England:

England 2-0 Paraguay
England 5-0 T&T
England 1-0 Sweden.

Slightly optimistic but they are very possible.

Users who are viewing this thread