Group F thread (Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan)

duffarama said:
No. :mad:

Well I hope Australia push forward again in the second period so we can snatch another goal. A win would certainly book our World Cup dreams.

I hope Australia wrap this match up quickly, and then go on to beat the Italians in the Quarter Finals.

Off Topic: Just out of interest Duff, how popular is Tim Cahill over in Australia?

Yea. 2-1 now, Croatia will get in if they an hold on to the lead.

Brazil are beginning to cut loose, two beautiful goals (though the first one could have been stopped).

Dammit! Come Australia you can't let this slip after all of the hard work you have already put into this group!

evertonfan said:
Off Topic: Just out of interest Duff, how popular is Tim Cahill over in Australia?
Stay on topic please.

Kidding mate, I don't follow soccer so I couldn't answer that question. I know that Viduka, Kewell and Schwarzer are very popular.

KEWELL! What a goal!!! :D

YES!!!!!! GET In THERE KEWELL YOU KOPITE MUPPET!!!!!!!!! :happy :happy

sorry about the all caps people, i just really want Australia to win this world cup!

duffarama said:
LOL, Simunic getting two red cards... that's bloody hilarious! :D

No Duffy. He got 3 yellows and one red. Poll had a bit of a schocker. Great game, the best of the tournament. Kewell was MoM by far. Well doen soccerrosoos :D:D:.

YES! Through! 2-2 is the final score, and what a bizarre conclusion to the match. Simunic (sp?) received two yellows, yet wasn't given a red, and in the last minute of stoppage time, was given a third and sent off.....
Anyway, brilliant stuff from Aus, they looked in great shape at times, controlled possession for the better part of the contest as Croatia seemed to relax or something after the early strike, and looked suspect out wide. I don't follow our cricket team, but with football, I can't help it- who knows how far they could go in this tournament :)
Oh yeah, Cahill's pretty popular, but it works in phases, as he was at his peak after victory over Japan- Kewell's the new hero, now ;)

Last edited:
Drewska said:
No Duffy. He got 3 yellows and one red. Poll had a bit of a schocker. Great game, the best of the tournament. Kewell was MoM by far. Well doen soccerrosoos :D:D:.
What, the referee showed him the red card twice!

and for people who say that the goal was offside well then australia should have got a penalty when the guy did a hand ball in the penalty area on a cross or was it a free kick

Users who are viewing this thread