Group H thread (Spain, Ukraine, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion about Group H

Group H Standings

1st Spain (3w,0L,0d,7pd) 9 pts
2nd Ukraine (2w,1L,0d,1pd) 6 pts
3rd Tunisia (0w,2L,1d,-3pd) 1 pts
4th Saudi Arabia (0w,2L,1d,-5pd) 1 pts

Schedule

14-Jun-06 Leipzig ESP 4-0
14-Jun-06 Munich TUN 2-2 KSA 18:00
19-Jun-06 Stuttgart ESP 3-1 TUN 21:00
19-Jun-06 Hamburg KSA 0-4 UKR 18:00
23-Jun-06 Kaiserslautern KSA 0-1 ESP 16:00
23-Jun-06 Berlin UKR 1-0 TUN 16:00

Source - Yahoo

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
kuttakumar said:
This is a cakewalk for Spain to the round of 16.
*knock on wood* :upray

Remeber what happened to France last time against Senegal. Spain can't take these sides too lightly. They should use these matches as experiments to find who plays well with who. I'd imagine something with 3 strikers (Raul, Torres, and Villa). The big factor for Spain is how well Casillas plays. If Casillas is on his game, Spain will be unbeatable.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
edgarisapimp said:
*knock on wood* :upray

No need to mate. Spain are way to good for these 3, except maybe for Ukraina as they have Shevchenko. Spain and Ukraina to go through, Tunisia and Saudi Afrabia just aren't good enough.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
But Ukraine aren't a bad team. While they topped their group, Spain had to go through with play-offs. And I can see Ukraine beating Spain when they're on form. But I would still say Spain would top the troup and Ukraine and Tunesia for the second place.

First match of this group is already Spain against Ukraine. :)

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Drewska said:
No need to mate. Spain are way to good for these 3, except maybe for Ukraina as they have Shevchenko. Spain and Ukraina to go through, Tunisia and Saudi Afrabia just aren't good enough.

The Spanish are reformed and have a lot of big players, but sometimes they haven't been able to turn it on on the big stage. They only got to the World Cup via the playoffs.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
hondeyho said:
The Spanish are reformed and have a lot of big players, but sometimes they haven't been able to turn it on on the big stage. They only got to the World Cup via the playoffs.
Raul seems to be the best choker on the international stage ;). They haven't won anything important since the 64 Euro. If Spain can play to their potential, then there is no doubt that they can beat just about anyone (even Brazil). Aragones is trying to prepare the squad mentally as well as phsyically, and we will see what he can do with his young talent.

:upray

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
edgarisapimp said:
If Spain can play to their potential, then there is no doubt that they can beat just about anyone (even Brazil).

If the whole team plays together they can be deadly, but they are like South Africa in cricket, they have an awesome squad but they don't play together. If they get it right this year Spain can go far.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Spain is always filled with expectation, but somehow they fail in the second stages. I think they will reach the quarterfinals, unless they meet France in the second round.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Spain certainly have a lot of good players in their squad and if they mesh together well, then they have a good chance of going pretty far. I am eager to see Luis Garcia perform at the worldcup, as he is a class act imo.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
I'm really excited to see David Villa compete. He wasn't in the CL this season (next year, though) and it will be interesting to see him go against the rest of the world. Not to say that the Spanish League isn't world-class, that is.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Tunisia have 2nd best team here, even though half of their players are french born, Spain will be top of this group.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
You know, I am happy that Saudi Arabia wasn't put with Germany, or It would've gotten pretty ugly for them! No Chance for them though!

Users who are viewing this thread