Group F thread (Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan)

Graham Poll is the ref tomorrow.

He's good, and certainly better than some of the jokes of a referee I've seen so far.

Just checking out the fixtures. If Australia finish second in group F, which they should, they might play Italy in the round of 16. Italy haven't been in great form so far so Australia have a genuine chance of progressing to the quarter finals.

Sureshot said:
Graham Poll is the ref tomorrow.

He's good, and certainly better than some of the jokes of a referee I've seen so far.

Good to hear that we actually might have a fair game tomorrow morning.

Anyone in Australia staying up till 2.30 to watch it?

I heard on TV that some players with Croation background were playing for Australia and looked it up.

Now I understand some names, since some of them sounded odd for an Australian.

Miscellaneous Info

Croatia have three players with an Australian background. Joe Didulica and Josip Simunic were both born in Australia whilst Anthony Seric is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Sport (along with Simunic).

Australia have seven players of Croatian background in their squad - Mark Viduka, Zeljko Kalac, Ante Covic, Tony Popovic, Josip Skoko, Jason Culina and Marco Bresciano.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4853428.stm

Cricket_60 said:
Good to hear that we actually might have a fair game tomorrow morning.

Anyone in Australia staying up till 2.30 to watch it?

2:30? What are you talking about? The match is at 5:00am.

EDIT: Oh right. You live in Western Australia.

Hope Brazil doo well i bet 200 on them.. because also japan is a good team.. you never know :(:mad: hope they do well :upray

Brazil are fired up, three shots towards the goal. Ronaldo nearly missed, Robinho tried twice, and the last (latest one) was awesome.

Japan are also looking good, broke through the defence few times. This should be a good contest. Looks like its more like Zico vs Brazil.

aha, another one missed, again by Ronaldo!

Last edited:
no we are not, because there's someone called Ronaldo. His first goal in this WC, and what a relief for him! There were many close one's, the Japanese goal keeper was quite awesome.

All I can say: Craig Moore you absolute legend.
Sorry guys I can't even think properly because I'm so tired, so you wont see any quality posts from me. It's 5:57am. :D
Go Australia!

Socceroos equalize with a penalty straight down the middle from Craig Moore. Should have had more penalties too, dam cheating Croatians! These refs are always against us.
Game is 1-1 at half time.

duffarama said:
All I can say: Craig Moore you absolute legend.
Sorry guys I can't even think properly because I'm so tired, so you wont see any quality posts from me. It's 5:57am. :D
Go Australia!

Do we ever see any quality posts from you Duff? :p

Come on you Socceroos!!!!!

evertonfan said:
Do we ever see any quality posts from you Duff? :p
No. :mad:

Well I hope Australia push forward again in the second period so we can snatch another goal. A win would certainly book our World Cup dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread