Group B thread (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden)

cricket doctor said:
If everything goes smoothly,be ready for England-Argentina quarter-final.:happy
Should be a ripper.:cheers

Well England in my view in the Round of 16 will either play Germany, (if they come second), or Poland, (if they come first), so it is very important they come first or otherwise they'll play the home nation.

I don't see England beating Sweden. If I remember it right they didn't win against them since 1968 (around that area).

Too bad Chilavert is gone from Paraguay. I would have like to seen him taking some free-kicks. :)

ZexyZahid said:
I don't see England beating Sweden. If I remember it right they didn't win against them since 1968 (around that area).

Too bad Chilavert is gone from Paraguay. I would have like to seen him taking some free-kicks. :)

He failed in his bid to be the first keeper to score in a World Cup :(

Well apparently Paraguay have a stronger chance of getting through to the second round for the first time ever than they ever have. They have more strength and depth in their attack is what one reporter has said.

They are 150/1 but I wouldn't bet my money on them.

Yorkshire_No1 said:
Hopefully we will beat them again too :D

They'll be no reason why we can't. They've lost some key players but gained some as well. No more Veron, Burgos, Zanetti, Lopez, Samuel, Simeone, it's a reformed Argentina squad which not many people know much about.

These Argentina players are out of the picture, since new front players has arise. Riquelme, Messi, Crespo, just to name a few. ;)

Don't understand why Zanetti wasn't chosen.

Personally, I'm expecting comfortable 2-0 victories for England over Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago, and a closer 1-0 over Sweden. I know our record against them isn't good, but we have a much better team - as far as I know (and admittedly, I don't know buckets about football) they have Larrson as their only world-class player, whereas England have Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Owen, and Rooney if he's fit, all of whom are world class.

It seems that Paraguay are having some fears about Santa Cruz's fitness. He has an knee injury. He got it on the first day of training of the national side. I hope he gets well.

Santa Cruz has always been injury plagued.But Paraguay have a few other good players,such as captain Gammara,and especially Valdez.Ive seen him play a few times in the Bundesliga,he looked reasonably good.

Go Sweden, Go Larson, if not, Go Gerrard (as a player) :p.

usy said:
Go Sweden, Go Larson, if not, Go Gerrard (as a player) :p.

This'll be Larsson's last ever International appearance before he goes back to Sweden to play club football. Likewise with Barca, he'll be hoping to go out with a bang.

He's looking in great touch, he was the one that turned it around for Barca in the CL final.

Records are there to be broken, and England have their best chance to beat Sweden. A full strength England team is (when in form) almost unbeatable. Unfortuantely, these moments of form are rare, but performances like the friendly against Argentina prove that England can get the job done. Sweden a comfortable 2nd, but Paraguay are no mugs. Id watch out for them if England or Sweden dont play well.

hondeyho said:
This'll be Larsson's last ever International appearance before he goes back to Sweden to play club football. Likewise with Barca, he'll be hoping to go out with a bang.
alot of 'great' players are leaving the International Football after this WC :crying , Sweden do have abit of a chance?

Users who are viewing this thread