Group B thread (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden)

Id go for Sweden topping with England as second. Why coz Sven has done some stupid choices for the England squad, wheres Kevin Nolan, and wheres Darren Bent?

Englands got some serious problems up front and I think a commentator summed it up nicely

"Rooney can't play because of injuries, Owen can't play because of injuries, Crouch can't play and Walcott can't play because he's not allowed to stay up that late..." :rtfl

Last edited:
usy said:
alot of 'great' players are leaving the International Football after this WC :crying , Sweden do have abit of a chance?

To win? I personally don't see them as contenders for the cup.

Have you noticed that there is all this hype about 'England could win the World Cup', but 2 years ago they weren't saying that about Euro 2004.

They done well in the Euro 2004 group stages, finished on number 1 or 2 if I remember.

usy said:
They done well in the Euro 2004 group stages, finished on number 1 or 2 if I remember.

They had France in their group, lost to two late goals but finished second and then got knocked out by Portugal 6-5 on penalties.
Remember the Goalkeeper with no gloves who scored and then saved Vassel's penalty?

are you talking about England or Sweden? :p

you talking about the game where David Beckham misses a penalty? :D

usy said:
are you talking about England or Sweden? :p

you talking about the game where David Beckham misses a penalty? :D

usy, you've got to get your footballing knowledge right :p , You must have seen that Euro 04 match, when Beckham's penalty kick kissed the heavens :rolleyes: and Ricardo is the portugese Keeper hondeyho is talking about.

I think Lampard should take penalties for England this time around,Beckhams misses in Euro 2004 cost us really bad and Lampards general conversion ratio is better.Even if it gets to a shootout I wouldnt choose Beckham in my top 5.Id rather choose,Lampard,Gerrard,Owen,Joe Cole,and maybe someone like Ashely Cole/Walcott/Rooney/Lennon whoever's playing at that time.

Even Terry scored in the shoot-out against Portugal!

Hariz said:
usy, you've got to get your footballing knowledge right :p , You must have seen that Euro 04 match, when Beckham's penalty kick kissed the heavens :rolleyes: and Ricardo is the portugese Keeper hondeyho is talking about.
:eek: :mad

I'm the top midfielder for my school team, I follow football more then you probably.

Hariz said:
usy, you've got to get your footballing knowledge right :p , You must have seen that Euro 04 match, when Beckham's penalty kick kissed the heavens

You've got to get your knowledge right mate! Beckham missed the heavens in a Euro 2004 qualifier against Turkey

EDIT: Pardon me mate, sorry I forgot he also did that against Portugal in the Penalty Shoot-out :p

Right, BTW for the world cup I would rather put Gerrard as the Captain then Beckham, just what I think.

usy said:
Right, BTW for the world cup I would rather put Gerrard as the Captain then Beckham, just what I think.

It's what over half the nation thinks, Beckham hasn't won anything big in the last two years - Gerrard has.

usy said:
:eek: :mad

I'm the top midfielder for my school team, I follow football more then you probably.

I am not critisicing your knowledge about the game usy ;) , I just wanted you to get to the right match hondeyho was talking about.

As far as the Captain of the England team is concerned, I would say it doesnt play that much of a role in football and individual performances matter. But it would certainly help to have a captain with a cool head and a god sight for goal :p in the form of Steven Gerrard.

As long as Gerrard doesnt try those back passes to the keeper which have gone horribly wrong a couple of times,he's generally capable of doing well as captain with his standard of play on field.Beckham will get the job however as that's just Sven's mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread