Group B thread (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden)

Now, I reckon maybe 5 minutes vs Sweden at the end if we are about 3-0 up.

More likely second round.

That's good news for England. Should mean they won't have to rely on Theo to strike them to a WC.

As long as he is in the pre-quarters that's fine,as I beleive that England have enough class already to top their group,its after that where we will need Rooney.

We need to give him so match practice before the quarter finals though. 20 minutes against Sweden would be fine. Rooney is good but he won't be able to play straight away in the quarters without any match practice or anything :)

I don't think we'll miss him in the Group games, due to the form of Crouch.

sid_19840 said:
As long as he is in the pre-quarters that's fine,as I beleive that England have enough class already to top their group,its after that where we will need Rooney.
Agreed although Sweden I think topped the group in the last World Cup. I think a lot of the England players are considered good on the basis of their Premier League form and have yet to be tested in International level.

He missed yesterdays training, but trained today.

Vs Paraguay either Carrick or Hargreaves would be suffice in a holding role.

Looking forward to the England game today against Paraguay,seems as though Gerrard would be fit,so this would be Englands lineup,a normal 4-4-2 I reckon.

-------------------------Robinson-----------------------

---G.Neville--------Ferdinand-------Terry-------A.Cole---

---Beckham----------Gerrard------Lampard------J.Cole-----

-----------------------Owen-------Crouch---------------

I would bring Carrick in the second half if England are leading(replacing Gerrard,give him a rest),and then depending on the situation make changes(hopefully Lennon,Walcott and Bridge will be bought in at some stage).My tip for the game would be England winning 3-0.Btw is Santa Cruz fit for this one?

Only 3 subs though.

Lennon for Becks is a good call, becks will impact, but a bit of pace against a tired defender after he has 70 minutes through his legs would be lethal.

Paraguay are behind within 3 minutes cause of an own goal. :mad What a bad start of the match.

And after 7 minutes the goalkeeper of Paraguay needs to be replaced. This is a very bad start for Paraguay.

England have clearly been the dominant side so far, despite their play being a little 'bits-and-pieces', or sloppy, so far. They're playing quite a fast brand of football though, and are constantly creating opportunities through their star-studded midfield; good signs with which to build upon. Paraguay haven't really clicked, or taken any initiative, as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread