Hindi Cinema Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Agreed. Go Goa Gone was fantastic. I can watch it a thousand times and still not get bored.

I haven't watched the movie yet but have read and heard many reviews. Almost every review praises the movie. In short, the reviews have been splendid. People are liking Dhanush.

Unfortunately, they cancelled the Raanjhanaa screening here in Ohio, USA. I am waiting to catch it up. Looks like Dhanush has arrived in Bollywood. The collection numbers are truly extraordinary for a film without much star power (only reliable star power is that of AR Rahman).

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Saw Raanjhanaa today. Brilliant movie. Not the usual love story. The actors did a very good job. Dhanush was splendid and his friend did a good job too. Sonam Kapoor was also decent. Seemed natural.

The storyline had unexpected twists, very well executed. The end was very well presented.

I loved the movie. Can easily give it 4/5.

----------

@Pranav: Haha, Kamaal R Khan's videos suck. People constantly bash at him on Twitter. But he somehow feels that he is doing a great job. More often than not he fails to understand sarcasms. :lol

His reviews are generally biased and offensive in nature. Those who like them will eventually get bored of them.

This guy is a sore loser. Gets tons and tons of negative comments on his videos, and he removes (deletes) them. Keeps only the positive ones. The 'like - dislike' ratings are disabled on his channel. And he feels that he is doing a great job. :P

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Saw Raanjhanaa today. Brilliant movie. Not the usual love story. The actors did a very good job. Dhanush was splendid and his friend did a good job too. Sonam Kapoor was also decent. Seemed natural.

The storyline had unexpected twists, very well executed. The end was very well presented.

I loved the movie. Can easily give it 4/5.

----------

@Pranav: Haha, Kamaal R Khan's videos suck. People constantly bash at him on Twitter. But he somehow feels that he is doing a great job. More often than not he fails to understand sarcasms. :lol

His reviews are generally biased and offensive in nature. Those who like them will eventually get bored of them.

This guy is a sore loser. Gets tons and tons of negative comments on his videos, and he removes (deletes) them. Keeps only the positive ones. The 'like - dislike' ratings are disabled on his channel. And he feels that he is doing a great job. :P

Now, this makes me want to badly watch the movie. Sadly, no shows here. I am tempted to download and watch it, but I am still hoping they decide to screen the film here in Ohio. Been addicted to its music for quite sometime now.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Finally got around to watching YJHD. Can't believe it made so much money. Just another one of those rom-coms. Not amazing, just ordinary. Can't believe you liked it so much Sai. The music was exceptionally good though.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Finally got around to watching YJHD. Can't believe it made so much money. Just another one of those rom-coms. Not amazing, just ordinary.
I hated it. I genuinely had headaches after coming out of the theater. The only good thing about the movie was Ranbir and Kalki's individual performances.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Finally got around to watching YJHD. Can't believe it made so much money. Just another one of those rom-coms. Not amazing, just ordinary. Can't believe you liked it so much Sai. The music was exceptionally good though.

Well, I saw it as a time pass movie, and I liked it.:yes Maybe you watched it with more expectations after reading all reviews. Some films should not be watched with too many expectations because they deserve only certain amount of expectation. YJHD is one of them.;)

P.s: Crazy that they are releasing the Tamil dubbed version of 'Raanjhanaa' here in Ohio whereas the original version is not releasing here. Looks like they have decided Dhanush's Tamil market here is bigger than his Hindi market? People won't come to watch dubbed films. Tempted to go, but I can't stand dubbed films, especially when its dubbed from Hindi to Tamil).

Last edited:

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
but I can't stand dubbed films, especially when its dubbed from Hindi to Tamil).
Lol. Same here!!
Not even a bit. :noway

Back here in India, everyday, on every other channel, you have these dubbed films running on weekdays, with weird names! Not sure if they actually name the Hindi titles based on the ones in Tamil?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Seems like Dhanush is having a dream debut in Bollywood. Raanjhanaa collects its entire revenue (Rs 35 crores) in a week, from just India theatrical collections (Source: Bollywood Hungama's Taran Adarsh). The overseas numbers have not yet come in, and the satellite/video rights, the revenue from the Tamil dubbed version where Dhanush has a big market, etc should ensure that the film will be a super duper hit, if not a blockbuster.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I saw YJHD with zero expectations. The reviews were bad and my most friends disliked it. So I went for the movie and was prepared for the worst, but was hoping I like it. The movie turned out to be so bad that it went below even my worst expectations out of it. Completely awful!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I saw YJHD with zero expectations. The reviews were bad and my most friends disliked it. So I went for the movie and was prepared for the worst, but was hoping I like it. The movie turned out to be so bad that it went below even my worst expectations out of it. Completely awful!

I hadn't heard any reviews, but had heard it is making a lot of money, and Ranbir and Deepika films are usually good. So I went in with a lot of expectations and it disappointed unbelievably. The music is exceptional.

I feel Deepika is another one of those actresses, who can't act but gets through because she is hot and ready to get naked for almost any scene. Kind of like Katrina Kaif, who has as much acting talent as a potato.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Watched Go Goa Gone, on Yudi recommendation. It is actually quite good. Funny and a decent film. Saif Russian accent was a bit annoying but everyone else played their roles pretty well. They acted well. The ending was good aswell, maybe they will make a sequel to it. Funny movie overall, a decent laugh 3.5/5

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, the end indicates a sequel. And considering that most people loved it, I smell sequel soon! :D

Will be watching Ghanchakkar tonight. Reviews are bad, but I hope I will like it. Never liked Vidya Balan though.

Users who are viewing this thread