How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I am in the year 2019 with Northamptonshire and i have been lucky to get 5 really good players. 3 are bowlers and 2 are batsmen. C.Walker and M.Bloom have both got 400+ test wickets at 12.86 and 17.19 respectively. While M.Panesar hasn't really been given a go at test level, but at the age of 37 is still getting a good 80 wickets a season locally. He has 1379 first class wickets @ 19.18.

As for my batsman, J.Hughes is my main test player who i have played since he was bought from a youth team. At test level he has 8983 runs @ 39.23 (he is 34). And S.White, can't remember how i got him, but at first class level he has 14422 runs @ 59.59 which isn't bad.

Sounds better than my team XD

Here's the raggedy lot:

2022lm4.jpg

(BTW I am playing as Australia)

after i posted i came across a youngster A.Cook. he is averaging 80+ in first class and 160+ in one dayers. too bad he got injured :(

this isn't the A.Cook from the current team as this guy is 20 years old in 2020

Ok, it is 2022 and my Northants have just done their 3rd clean sweep in a row :D during the season, i had 6 players called up for international duty (england). this made a huge hole in my team. 3 were bowlers, 1 was a keeper, and 2 were batsmen. the only good thing was that 5 of them came through my youth team. One of the bowlers, C.Walker, took 112 wickets @ 9.64 in 15 tests even after being injured for like 2 tests.

From about 2015 onwards, i started to see a trend towards the bowlers and the fact that there seems to be a lot more floating around.

***Quick update on A.Cook***
After his 2nd year in my squad, he was called up for england at the age of 21. in 5 tests he averages 30.71, but it is his first class stats that are keeping well.
34 fc matches: 2241 runs @ 62 11 wickets at 26
28 OD matches: 1396 runs @ 78 1 wicket @ 12
20 t/20 matches: 599 runs @ 86

Seems to be more of a one day player. Quality all the same though.

Year 2024 and i have 7 players from my squad in the english team. i am also finding it hard to keep an overseas player for more than 1 year cause after a year with me, they are called into their own international squad.

losing 7 players at a time is a huge strain on my squad (3 are my top bowlers). the other thing is that only 5 have contracts paid by England

In my game... for abt 100 yrs batsmen were doing good.. till abt 2100 AD...
There were lots of batsmen averaging above 50.. and games went high scoring..... but since then... it has been a bowlers era throughout.. There have been lots of bowlers averaging under 15 throughout thr career... In almost all teams.. with the best bowlers in the world averaging close to 11.... Also the par score In ODI's has been 200-225...... This has been the trend for the past 200 years.. I am close to yr 2300 AD now... Top 10 bowlers in ratings have been above 900 points... whereas a batsman with with just 800 ratings point would become number 1... and by some margin... I wonder if the bowlers era would arrive in real cricket too....

Old post, but would you mind posting your .cap file?

one thing i have found that is frigging annoying is that the English team takes 6 players for their squad every time yet i only get paid for 5 of them :@ makes life hard when the 6th guy is being paid $60k+

This is why I play International, that plus I get an extra day of play! :p

Users who are viewing this thread