How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
If they were going to do it right, they should really start from a 2nd or 3rd grade comp to allow you to develop and inc your skills before being promoted (either individually or as a team) to a higher grade. This is how it happens IRL as good performances in a lower grade for a team can result in you being moved up to a higher grade (but with the same team as most clubs play in multiple grades). The rest is up to you :)

If they were going to do it right, they should really start from a 2nd or 3rd grade comp to allow you to develop and inc your skills before being promoted (either individually or as a team) to a higher grade. This is how it happens IRL as good performances in a lower grade for a team can result in you being moved up to a higher grade (but with the same team as most clubs play in multiple grades). The rest is up to you :)

Although this would be most realistic, we've got to remember that this game is not being made just for diehard cricket fanatics. They've also got to satisfy the casual gamer market, where most of the money will come from. Unfortunately I doubt they would have the patience to play up through five grades, hence it starts in first class cricket. A feature in which you have to sacrifice realism for playability.

And I'll have you know I always provide quality analysis and insight

Agree @NoLeName but how about the flexibility to customise. Anyway my tuppence with is that 2nd XI up would suffice and wouldn't put any additional pressure for extra teams or players as each county/state comfortably has enough roster slots for 2 teams.

Agree @NoLeName but how about the flexibility to customise. Anyway my tuppence with is that 2nd XI up would suffice and wouldn't put any additional pressure for extra teams or players as each county/state comfortably has enough roster slots for 2 teams.

I was gonna mention that but I obviously forgot. I would include state 2nd XIs with the option of starting in the 2nd XI or just going straight to first class.

Ross : Can you please tell me how the wicket keeper- batsman in the game perform?? Does he keeps for the whole match with the player input or he just needs to take catches and stumping and run outs??

does anyone know if fielding requires you to 'guess the button' like one of the last cricket games had? ie. the ball will come flying to you and would change colour (to match the xbox button colours) which you had to press....frustrating. I'm hoping we don't have this in DB.

does anyone know if fielding requires you to 'guess the button' like one of the last cricket games had? ie. the ball will come flying to you and would change colour (to match the xbox button colours) which you had to press....frustrating. I'm hoping we don't have this in DB.

Pretty obvious that this game is moving away from the quick time events of past games, so no.

Excellent. I know its the little things....but you'd be surprised how much 'little things' make a game!

It's always the "little things" that changes the game entirely and makes the different from others of the same genre...Like no on can make a game like GTA except Rockstar games because of those small things that makes the difference, similarly DBC 14 will also serve as the base for future in cricket games....With the budget they have they have made such a brilliant game think if they have EA kind of budget what type of cricket game we will get...Thinking of that itself gave me goosebumps......The future of cricket game is definitely in the right hands...Hope they get much above their estimated profits and shine in the games they make....:thumbs:cheers

Will it make difference if we field for the whole match ?? As batting is improving the skills for us but if no fielding is done those skills will not improve whatsoever..

Can anyone point out the advantage of fielding for full match??

Will it make difference if we field for the whole match ?? As batting is improving the skills for us but if no fielding is done those skills will not improve whatsoever..

I'm pretty sure you get a bonus for however long you field but read through the last couple of pages, it would've been answered.

You get much more XP from fielding then simulating.

Plus it could be fun...

I could think of anything more fun than going from deep midwicket to deep midwicket every over for hours on a game...

Users who are viewing this thread