How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I could think of anything more fun than going from deep midwicket to deep midwicket every over for hours on a game...

That's only on the wii version...
First thing I do when I'm fielding in a cricket match is pair off with the person opposite me and then laugh at my team-mates sprinting the width of the field between overs...

I could think of anything more fun than going from deep midwicket to deep midwicket every over for hours on a game...

I have vivid memories of going from fine leg to fine leg for 50 overs when I used to fill in when I was very young. A form of torture.

By fun, I might have thought fielding in the covers would be good fun. At least you'd be involved at deep mid wicket. I'm still going to simulate most of the time though.

I will be sold if the bowling is any fun. No game has nailed bowling let alone fielding. Fun fielding will be the cherry on the cake.

I will certainly field when I am in the middle of a bowling spell.

I will probably field early on too and then let the situation dictate the rest. Big games/tense moments etc.

@MattW did you have a go at spin bowling? I remember on your video you simulated but didn't get a bowl, I've been practicing the motions on my controller but I have a feeling spin will be the hardest to master! Any thoughts or experience on that?

@MattW did you have a go at spin bowling? I remember on your video you simulated but didn't get a bowl, I've been practicing the motions on my controller but I have a feeling spin will be the hardest to master! Any thoughts or experience on that?

The interesting thing is those in the office good at pace are ordinary at spin and the reverse is also true.

Agreed. I find it odd that the left stick is the spin and line/release stick, surely the right would have been a better option (as the right stick is the 'main' stick for pace bowling)? I assume these can be changed around though.

----------

The interesting thing is those in the office good at pace are ordinary at spin and the reverse is also true.

Probably answered elsewhere (and a n00b question), but say I'm a leg spinner but i can't bowl the googly (due to low stats), if I spin the stick clockwise will the ball just stay straight and not spin, rather than spinning from off to leg? If that makes sense?

As I've said before I'm absolute garbage when it comes to games, CoD is way too confusing with all the buttons/bumpers etc that i just end up trapped in a corner looking up while being shot in the back and some tosspot throwing grenades at me for shits and giggles!!! ic10 and tiger woods golf are the only games I can play with success, I played forza on the easy settings cos it breaks my heart to see the damage I inflict on the motors I drive, I think the reason I've persevered with the nets is I love the sport so much and in a funny way the shots I play well in real life, I play well in nets, and same with areas I struggle with! It will hopefully be the same with the bowling as I can bowl a bit of leg/off spin! I think the best thing for me so far about nets has been that what I expect to happen, happens, which gives me a bit of confidence that despite having 10 thumbs with controllers my cricket experience and a bit of perseverance will bring hours of enjoyment and a century/5fer every now and then!!

I have vivid memories of going from fine leg to fine leg for 50 overs when I used to fill in when I was very young. A form of torture.

By fun, I might have thought fielding in the covers would be good fun. At least you'd be involved at deep mid wicket. I'm still going to simulate most of the time though.

Did you use the correct footwork? :p

I have been an average cricketer, and usually scared to field in the infield due to my hand injury, i usually ended up at third man or fine leg. It was tedious.

Did you use the correct footwork? :p

I have been an average cricketer, and usually scared to field in the infield due to my hand injury, i usually ended up at third man or fine leg. It was tedious.

Funnily enough I preferred to field in the circle coz I wasn't that good at it. At 3rd man or fine leg the ball usually came at a rapid pace - due to edge or deflection off a fast bowler - and a misfield cost a 4. OTOH in the circle a misfield usually cost just a run or two.

Funnily enough I preferred to field in the circle coz I wasn't that good at it. At 3rd man or fine leg the ball usually came at a rapid pace - due to edge or deflection off a fast bowler - and a misfield cost a 4. OTOH in the circle a misfield usually cost just a run or two.

It didn't really matter because i am poor fielder and would hardly stop anything. :facepalm

It didn't really matter because i am poor fielder and would hardly stop anything. :facepalm

There are perks of being a bad fielder though. I found myself fielding at slip often coz my team knew that was the best way to keep me away from misfielding. Plus our bowlers barely got very many edges.

After playing the game for an hour or so at the play session in novemeber a few things with bowling that i picked up:

* Timing of your jump before you bowl will be the first thing that you will need to master, i found i would either jump early and bowl way before the crease, or jump late and bowl a no ball by a foot.

* Pace bowling is easy to master than spin bowling. I did struggle with my lines and lengths though, so it will still take alot of time.

* Also, building up fast pace was impossible for me, now im not sure if i was playing with dud players hence i couldnt build up anymore than about 110kph, now this could be to do with timing, hence the initial 2 points above effected everything.

* Spin bowling was difficult to master due to the fact that the controls were completely different. I bowled wide of offstump with no spin, this will take a day or so to learn, once again my lines and lengths were all over the place. timing the jump before the bowl was easier than pace though

In saying this, they have made bowling a challenge, hence it is BLOODY AWESOME!!

Not to just be able to run in and bowl 150kph thunderbolts right on a good length within an hour of playing the game is exactly the challenge we want, no doubt we will all master the controls

but the best thing is if we get too drunk, and start to lapse in our concentration, bad stuff will happen, no matter how much we have played

if you dont rotate the stick it wont spin, simple as that

Users who are viewing this thread