How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Come on guys. This was like the only thread safe from the jibber-jabber. Let's not ruin it, too.

Great discussion by the way. Thanks for all the great information.

P.S: I would also like to know a bit more about how to seam/swing the ball. Moreover, did anybody had any success with it in the play-sessions?

@madman981, @MattW
Quick question for you guys.... which difficulty level did you play at the world premiere?

Also pls answer my question regarding swing and seam movement while bowling fast.

MattW would be better to answer what difficulty we were playing on, i dare say it wouldve been the normal setting, but as i said, apart from when MattW went into the corner with Ross to film those career mode vids, we were all playing PvP so difficutly wasnt even a thought for us

Now onto swing and seam movement, Im sorry to report Guys, I know personally, i didnt swing or seam the ball at all, as I said, i was there for about 90 minutes, and i played the game for about 40 mins of that time, mix in the batting and bowling, I probaly bowled for about 20 mins all in all, and I dont remember swing or seaming the ball at all, i actually dont remember even trying too.

At the start, i was more concerned about bowling balls to Matt that he could actually play, so sorry guys, didnt try to seam or swing at all, i dont even know what the buttons are for it??

what else can i remember from the day.......

well there was a situation with the bowling where i had plenty of false starts, there is something to do with the run up where if you press a button it cancels your ball.... i think if you press on of the buttons it cancels your run up... its not an issue, as 5 mins in i was no longer false starting

when batting there is a zoom buttonk, i think this is for the purpose of checking out the field... didnt really get a chance to examine it, i think it was the L2 button, the bowler doesnt start his run up until you have released that button...

apart from that I cant really think of anything else, happy to answer anymore questions though...

----------

Guys I have a question

Should I download the new update of CA this week and Create myself Mick Whiskas in there so i can start my career mode with him, or can I do it on the day with the game in hand

What i basically mean, is will i be able to create these player cards on the day or is it a process that takes like 3 hours....

I dont want to waste 3 hours on the day making Mick Whiskas, yet if it only takes like 30 mins then i dont mind waiting as its part of the fun of having the game....

Guys I have a question

Should I download the new update of CA this week and Create myself Mick Whiskas in there so i can start my career mode with him, or can I do it on the day with the game in hand

What i basically mean, is will i be able to create these player cards on the day or is it a process that takes like 3 hours....

I dont want to waste 3 hours on the day making Mick Whiskas, yet if it only takes like 30 mins then i dont mind waiting as its part of the fun of having the game....

I asked a similar question here though my question was more about creating and updating teams & players...
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...e-skilling-complete-86402-33.html#post2708898

The consensus was to get everything done beforehand so when you get hold of the game you don't waste time all that stuff. I would recommend you create your player now so you only need to get him on console and start playing ASAP.

@MattW, do you recall which difficulty level you played at the DBC world premier playsession? Was it the default level (Pro) or did you guys play on Easy?

Last edited:
The length of time it takes to create a player is dependent on how accurate you want it to be. Some would take 10 minutes, some can take 30+. In saying that, it shouldn't take anywhere near 3 hours, regardless of when you create it.

I put lots of effort into the 6 bodyline players I made, researching several photos to get it looking right at different angles. They took about 30 minutes each and I was a novice at the time. Blocker or other guys could probably do the same quality job in 15.

Some low-level state guys can get some basic characteristics and be done in 5.

Exactly. Making the Australian state teams, rookies who haven't even debuted at FC level I put no more than 5-10 minutes in to. The main features you want to get right are hair colour, eye colour and personally I think eye shape is extremely important.

Someone like Brett Lee or Brad Hogg? Those guys took 30-40+ just because their faces are difficult to replicate in CA.

Yeah Im more concerned just about my player Mick Whiskas

cool I might download the update and do it this weeknd so my boy is raring to go

even though i find it exciting to do it at the time when i get my game, its part of the excitement of starting a career

Great job by you blokes creating all the players though, 1st thing will be to update all squads for all teams then start my career!!

It really shouldn't matter when you create him - it won't take long either way.

The thing which would take a slight bit of time would be choosing which teams you want to use in the career (if you stay with the default on-disc fake players, spend time to pick and choose teams you want to use, or use the "Get Best" option to automatically download the best rated teams)

It really shouldn't matter when you create him - it won't take long either way.

The thing which would take a slight bit of time would be choosing which teams you want to use in the career (if you stay with the default on-disc fake players, spend time to pick and choose teams you want to use, or use the "Get Best" option to automatically download the best rated teams)

Yeah i just asked something similar in the other thread

I am hoping that there is an option where it replaces ALL squads in my career mode. so If there is some sought of ICC champions league 20/20 comp, if my victorian team is playing mumbai or something then i have, at the start, already written over those teams to contain the real players

or do I have to do all leagues seperately e.g Shield, IPL, County, BBL etc etc

----------

I wouldn't recommend anyone doing that. The skills would be completely off. Plus most of them look like 65 year old drunkards.

Surely not one person out there has any preference of playing with the fake players over the thousands of real players already made

it all depends on how hard it is to make sure that ALL teams in my career mode contain real players

Yeah i just asked something similar in the other thread

I am hoping that there is an option where it replaces ALL squads in my career mode. so If there is some sought of ICC champions league 20/20 comp, if my victorian team is playing mumbai or something then i have, at the start, already written over those teams to contain the real players

or do I have to do all leagues seperately e.g Shield, IPL, County, BBL etc etc

"Get Best" (for all) should in theory replace every team on the disc with the appropriately linked team from the server. This just means it automatically chooses the highest rated creations...which won't always necessarily be the ones you would like most.

Last edited:
"Get Best" (for all) should in theory replace every team on the disc with the appropriately linked team from the server.
I'm looking forward to the first person here complaining that the game is glitched because a team from "Get Best" didn't have any skills, or that their James Anderson looks cartoony a player's likeness looks bad. To those wanting to get the proper players, I would make sure of this by downloading the teams in the Complete Skilled/Linked thread, rather than trusting "Get Best", no matter how well it works.

Users who are viewing this thread