How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I think after the ratings re-set, the "best" rated teams are mostly ones in that thread anyway. Might be worth testing it out with a fresh CA install actually...

That being said, just because a team is rated as the 'best' on the server, doesn't mean certain players are the best on the server. I for one won't be using Get Best, just because I know how picky I'll be. It's perfect for people who just want the real names and good enough likenesses though.

Last edited:
Might be worth testing it out with a fresh CA install actually...
Do you mean using the "Get best" feature? It hasn't been enabled yet.

I think after the ratings re-set, the "best" rated teams are mostly ones in that thread anyway.
Once the game is out I'm sure some people will rate teams on how good the players look rather than them being linked and skilled. Hopefully it'll still even out over time.

That being said, just because a team is rated as the 'best' on the server, doesn't mean certain players are the best on the server. I for one won't be using Get Best, just because I know how picky I'll be. It's perfect for people who just want the real names and good enough likenesses though.
I agree with this. I'm sure some teams don't have the likenesses spot on, but for me that doesn't matter. I won't use "Get Best" either, as I want to focus on teams being rated correctly. As long as I'm using your David Warner, I'm happy with how the rest look...

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the first person here complaining that the game is glitched because a team from "Get Best" didn't have any skills, or that their James Anderson looks cartoony a player's likeness looks bad. To those wanting to get the proper players, I would make sure of this by downloading the teams in the Complete Skilled/Linked thread, rather than trusting "Get Best", no matter how well it works.

We all know nothing will stop moaning and b**ching about the game. If it's not one thing there would be another. There will be people who will cry about graphics, stadiums, crowd, player models, no licensing out of the box etc.

so snowy, instead of using the get best feature, you will donload and replace every team individually??

Personaly i dont care about likeness at all

all I care about are the real names and abilities

I dont care if Jimmy anderson looks like big foot, but i want his name and his ability to match current day...

so cutting a long story short, how are you guys going to ensure that every team as the correct players names and abilities?

Yep, I'll be hand picking my teams, and in most cases, uploading my own.

How do you ensure every team has correct names? Hand pick your downloads.

so snowy, instead of using the get best feature, you will donload and replace every team individually??

Personaly i dont care about likeness at all

all I care about are the real names and abilities

I dont care if Jimmy anderson looks like big foot, but i want his name and his ability to match current day...

so cutting a long story short, how are you guys going to ensure that every team as the correct players names and abilities?

Abilities are something that we are "guessing" and depending on gameplay we will definitely have to tweak it further.

yeah fair enough guys

as it is a career mode on a computer game, im not really that concerned about abilities as 10 years into my career new players will spawn along anyways, so really its just names that im interested in.

as we go along with PvP games against my mates i will probaly hand pick teams then.

So if im coreect, my process will be to get the best rated download to begin with, and as i go when teams dont suit my liking, then over write those teams individually....

Yep, spot on. Alternatively you can just hand pick teams to begin with. Really depends on the results 'Get Best' produces upon release.

yeah, but i dont want to waste time going through the pakistani domestic teams worried about whats right or wrong

yet although, I will be starting a career as a Victorian player, so you are right that i should at very least check through the Australian domestic and international teams so my career isnt screwed up by a pathetic steve smith

in saying all that though, How do I make sure that the Player in the Aussie international team is the same player in the domestic competition??

Well there aren't any Pakistani domestic teams on the disc, so they wont be downloaded when you select 'Get Best'. It is only Australia State, BBL, County, IPL and International teams.

FYI, I've uploaded all the Australian state teams, and BBL teams under the username "Casper" on the Academy. They're up to date as of this season, and I think they're the best out there (no offense to Ruck from the BA Forum). And the Steve Smith I uploaded (made by someone else), is great.

Player linking means that the Chris Rogers in the Aussie team will be the exact same player as the Chris Rogers in the Victoria team. If you download my teams, they will automatically link.

Beautiful done and done, I will make a note to download all teams made by casper then all my issues are solved

Cheers big man

Considering you can also play for County sides in the career mode, download the County teams by munkeymomo

Users who are viewing this thread