How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Probably school>under 19>club>internstional odi/t20>test since he said last stage is test matches

International will be #5, including tests and other forms.

Schoolboy
U19
Club
State/Province
International

It will be interesting to see the timeframe for improving ranks. So once you are in club, say you are 19 and performing well, will you get moved straight up to state? Or will you have to wait for a couple years, even if you are a consistently great performer. Once at state, presumably it will take you a minimum of 2-3 seasons to move up to international. But say you are okay but not great, could you not move up to international? Could you just stay in state for the rest of your career? Or say you play poorly, could you get dropped? If you perform averagely for 10 or so seasons (in state), then have a cracker of a season, could you debut for your country aged 30+? There are so many questions I have. Guess we will have to wait for release, which could be a while yet.

Will you progress quicker depending on the country you're based in. For example it would be much easier to get into the current Australian team than the English one

International will be #5, including tests and other forms.

Schoolboy
U19
Club
State/Province
International

Yeah, Ross said you started at 16 so you'll play for a school team (prolly one you can create) then either Club team... then I think it'll go straight to State/Province, Int. ODI/T20 and then Int. Test... Skipping U19 as it's essentially the same thing as Schoolboy.

So my best guess is:

School Team (Age 16)
Club Team (Age 18)
State/Province (Age 22+)
ODI/T20 International (Age 25+)
Test International (Age 25+)

He also said you can move up/down the levels depending on performances so while I imagine you could gain access to 'level 5' reasonably quickly you might not stay there terribly long... Or at least, that's how it works in 'real time' Cricket.

Either way, sounds pretty awesome.

EDIT: I don't know whether or not a level is "unlocked" based on your age though... that's probably a good question. Whether level progression is based solely on your age or on performance (or a bit of both, ie, it's unlikely you'd get to level 5 as an 18 year old!)

Yeah, Ross said you started at 16 so you'll play for a school team (prolly one you can create) then either Club team... then I think it'll go straight to State/Province, Int. ODI/T20 and then Int. Test... Skipping U19 as it's essentially the same thing as Schoolboy.

So my best guess is:

School Team (Age 16)
Club Team (Age 18)
State/Province (Age 22+)
ODI/T20 International (Age 25+)
Test International (Age 25+)

He also said you can move up/down the levels depending on performances so while I imagine you could gain access to 'level 5' reasonably quickly you might not stay there terribly long... Or at least, that's how it works in 'real time' Cricket.

Either way, sounds pretty awesome.

EDIT: I don't know whether or not a level is "unlocked" based on your age though... that's probably a good question. Whether level progression is based solely on your age or on performance (or a bit of both, ie, it's unlikely you'd get to level 5 as an 18 year old!)

For the most part I agree with that, but it would be pretty cool for that to happen. I mean Sachin was playing International cricket at 16, Daniel Vettori debuted at 18, Afridi was 16 as well, I believe. So it might be good concept? Maybe if you score a few triple 100s you could be promoting.

I was imagining there would be certain objectives to go to the next level. We'll see how it is :S

Yeah, I would hope level-increasing was tied into performance benchmarks rather than age, because there's a lot of 20s aged folk getting into International ODI and Test teams these days. Given Ross stated that you can move up and down each level based on performances, than it's not hard to imagine after a few really impressive wicket-hauls you getting the call-up to the International ODI squad at age 20...

I really hope it is level rather than age you mention,you get +ve/-ve xp for each match depending on performance and as you level up you will contract from higher div club,it will make it much Real.Also add some Press conference like football manger positive/negative comments hurts your xp depending on situation :D

What has been uncovered over here certainly seems to look like that's how it's going to work... minus that press conference junk...

I do like be a pro mode and is a good idea for cricket however if you have already finished the career management mode then leaving it out is sucha waste especially as so many people would want to play it me included, would love to see it included

desperate plea haha

I play PES and like the 'Be a Pro' model of career mode. Just curious to see how it would work ut in the game. If the gameplay mechanics are good, then I'll buy it and become an International cricket player atleast in a video game. :D

I'm confident that a my player mode will be fantastic for cricket. I've been playing a lot of MLB 13 the show (suprisingly fun game), and the "Road to the Show" mode in that is absolutely fantastic to the point where I'm in September 2013 with my pitcher and have only played 3 games in the Franchise mode.

My question for Ross is: while I know that you can't reveal too much; but how does fielding work in the mode? In the show; the default option is that the game simulates the game until you are needed to field and then puts you in the game. I know that baseball and cricket are completely different in this ground, but it seems like a good thing to include to make the game run quicker without ignoring the importance of fielding. I don't think that anyone would play an entire game of any length if they were stuck at fine leg for the entire innings, and that would be a shame if the fielding controls were very good...

Its a blessing for all of us wanna be cricketers. Just imagine the sheer delight we can get by excelling from lowest standard to International team. I will definitely will play as a batting allrounder as that is what I consider myself from all the amature cricket I have played. A good solid opener who can throw in good medium fast swingers. Now only If I could know when I will be getting my hands on this baby. Right now I am looking to exchange my xbox with Ps 3 as I want to play online.

This is fantastic addition.

Might sound awkward but I create a player, start my career and make up my own story line or rather my own path to the International circuit.

It was possible in Cricket 07 with all the domestic leagues and such but Ashes '09 had no such options. I played the FC in 07 and Int. in '09.
Well the whole point is, its great to have an actual genuine (virtual) career mode.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd try MLB 11 - be a pro mode and NOW I understand where you guys are coming from.

I had played Fifa - Be a Pro and that is a completely different experience.

Well, if you have taken inspiration from MLB then this will definitely be a fun experience.

All I hope is that you accumulate 'points' 'stats' whatever you call it - VERY SLOWLY, so it takes a few years to build up and lengthen out the mode. I wouldn't want to become an international star just a year after starting my career...

Looking forward to it now... :yes

Just thought I'd try MLB 11 - be a pro mode and NOW I understand where you guys are coming from.

I had played Fifa - Be a Pro and that is a completely different experience.

Well, if you have taken inspiration from MLB then this will definitely be a fun experience.

All I hope is that you accumulate 'points' 'stats' whatever you call it - VERY SLOWLY, so it takes a few years to build up and lengthen out the mode. I wouldn't want to become an international star just a year after starting my career...

Looking forward to it now... :yes

Nah...I believe it should be dependent on how well you play and thus can accumulate points to move to the next level. However, if you move to the next level very quickly (say you hit 2-3 triple centuries + a few double centuries in your first year itself), you should find it much much harder to compete and stay at that level as obviously you wouldnt have built up your attributes and honed your skills as much as you would have if you player 2-3 years at the lower levels! That would depict real life cricket!! It has been confirmed that you can rank down as well.....so even if you have a couple of awesome years and rank up fast, the going will get much tougher at the highest levels than it would have been had you spent more years at the lower levels.....and if you are not able to keep up you would be ranked down to a lower level and you continue your journey :D!

Users who are viewing this thread