How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Surely feeling like playing cricket is better than playing like a 'normal cricket game'? Playing through a 20 year career mode with every match in full, that'd be painful imo.

I'm delighted with it because it'll mean I can just stick to bowling in the game, which is what I like doing in cricket games - if I score a few runs then yay, but I'm really looking forward to just being able to play the bits of the match that my created player should be involved in.

I'd also point out this - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...t-cricket-q-thread-81757-163.html#post2508095 - a more enhanced career mode would then obviously be something for the future once they can sort all the details. There needs to be something new for Big Ant Cricket 2 after all.

I am not writing off the "Be a Pro" type of career mode, however my point was I really enjoyed playing a management style of career mode in BLIC99, no matter how simple it was, but it was great addition in the game.

I play "be a pro" kind of things on "top spin" where you practice your skills, train hard and you are always involved in the sport because its more a less single interface in the game, and you do not miss the action in the game. However what has put me off is even though I would love to play a full test, bat, bowl and field it will not be possible because you will more or less skip fielding. And only AI will determine the games fate and it is not in your hands.

I hope it proves me wrong.

Ross I have couple of questions

1. Does the game allow you to train you players like "Top spin" where you practice certain areas whilst you moving ahead in the career?

2.If training is involved then are training designed to be specific I,E, (like bowler will be thought how to bowl an out swinger or batsman be thought a cover drive) :)

I am not writing off the "Be a Pro" type of career mode, however my point was I really enjoyed playing a management style of career mode in BLIC99, no matter how simple it was, but it was great addition in the game.

I play "be a pro" kind of things on "top spin" where you practice your skills, train hard and you are always involved in the sport because its more a less single interface in the game, and you do not miss the action in the game. However what has put me off is even though I would love to play a full test, bat, bowl and field it will not be possible because you will more or less skip fielding. And only AI will determine the games fate and it is not in your hands.

I hope it proves me wrong.

Ross I have couple of questions

1. Does the game allow you to train you players like "Top spin" where you practice certain areas whilst you moving ahead in the career?

2.If training is involved then are training designed to be specific I,E, (like bowler will be thought how to bowl an out swinger or batsman be thought a cover drive) :)

Well, in be a pro mode for any team game, you would obviously not be involved in the game throughout (have you ever tried playing a gk in fifa???), however, BigAnt is giving you the option to simulate the game till your chance to bat or bowl comes.....using this you can remain in the game throughout!!! Or if you just wanna get a feel of the real match then you can field as well for the entire or atleast some portion of the match!!

What this mode brings is unique to the game, as the feeling of controlling the whole team is anyways available in all the other modes.....while in this mode you only control one player....thus you will play your game with more heart and emotions!! You would not like to give your wicket away as you get just 1 (or 2) innings.....where else do you get that kind of attachment and emotions in a game where you get to play with 11 batsmen???

Imagine the feeling of taking your team through to a win almost single handedly....imagine the feeling of letting them down by getting out at the wrong time....imagine the feeling of taking a blinder of a catch or stopping a boundary when runs are crucial....imagine the satisfaction you would get of scoring a hundred on a difficult wicket when all the other players struggled with you!!! This mode really brings in a unique perspective to the gameplay....something that we have never felt before!!

I would like to know if keeping is manual if you decide you decide to be wicket keeping batsman. What will be the mechanics of wicket keeping?

just the thing i was discussing in the other thread. Just the thought of doing the things you mentioned gives me an unmentionable feeling and happiness, all thanks to Ross and specially his wonderful team.

just the thing i was discussing in the other thread. Just the thought of doing the things you mentioned gives me an unmentionable feeling and happiness, all thanks to Ross and specially his wonderful team.

Whatever he is mentioning of doing I want some of that too...,

Just the thought of doing the things you mentioned gives me an unmentionable feeling and happiness...

For clarification, Do elaborate upon the unmentionable...

I can't believe it that some people are not thrilled about be a pro mode....Obviously they haven't experienced it before!
My only concern is automatic simulation of the innings after after i get out.....It should be optional for many reasons which i know everyone can think of!

For those people who needed manager mode....I assure you that if implemented correctly then it will be the best thing ever happened in a cricket game.
You won't play any other game mode....
Be a pro mode makes more sense in cricket than any other game!

How does the 5 ranks system work? will there be any division system
like home team>div II clubs>state team>county>national?.Also VR with cricket game Mother of god :D!

No worries. We always do gigs in-store prior to release with playable code and do interviews as well.

We have agreement with EB Swanston Street in Melbourne to do one for Cricket - camera's, etc.. are welcome, as are the general public. The date is not set, I will announce it when the time is right.

----------

We have taken a lot of inspiration from MLB (amongst other sports titles).
No worries. We always do gigs in-store prior to release with playable code and do interviews as well.

We have agreement with EB Swanston Street in Melbourne to do one for Cricket - camera's, etc.. are welcome, as are the general public. The date is not set, I will announce it when the time is right.

Oh please don't forget to tell me! I am sooooooo there! :p

Just buy or grab it from a friend or rent MLB 2k12. The career mode there is exactly same what ROSS mentioned. And Ross confirmed that they were also inspired from MLB games. So the excitement you feel in the game gives you a perfect opportunity to perceive what you are gonna get in this game.

How does the 5 ranks system work? will there be any division system
like home team>div II clubs>state team>county>national?.Also VR with cricket game Mother of god :D!

Probably school>under 19>club>internstional odi/t20>test since he said last stage is test matches

Hey Ross can we play domestic one day and T20 leagues like IPL,BBL etc.

It would be cool if we could watch some highlights of the wickets or boundaries that were lost before or after our batting/bowling to see how the match ended or the situation of the match before we came out.

Don't think there are chances of something like that making it in, but could it be possible for future games?

Users who are viewing this thread