How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
The most recent way ive found myself getting out cheaply is caught by the 3/4 fine leg, is there anyway of keeping the ball on the ground down there (to avoid super one handed catching skills). I find off the quicks its just an instinct shot that i get out all the time on.

Yeah i have been caught there a fair bit, perhaps timing is slightly too early? Try hitting more square of the wicket, or finer.

image.jpg

My first Big Bash 50

Have to admit it is one of the most rewarding feelings I have felt in a game.

I am currently 63* off 35 but I needed a breather. My palms are too sweaty.

So I ended the T20 game 108*(56) as an opening batsmen.

Wow! That's literally the only word to describe that feeling. I got the MOTM but to top it all playing for the Sixers it was our final league game against the Thunder and we needed to win to make the semis. To be honest it was the first major contribution I made all season but what an amazing feeling knowing you contributed in such a big way!

Thanks @BigAntStudios!

I'm finding my career increasingly frustrating. Almost finished my 2nd year as a batting allrounder, but I'm still terrible with the bat. I'd probably be a level 2 bowler by now with all the stat increases (esp swings). But I reckon I've only earned like 30 skill points IN TOTAL over the two years. Haven't earned a single offside stat because if I try play a shot there I either miss the ball or magically slide to the right and get bowled behind my legs or edge it to keeper/slip. It's getting to the point now that if the team I play for bowls first after the toss or if I score less than 10 and don't see at least one +1 to a skill, I go to xbox home and reload to try again. So frustrating!!! :facepalm !!! Just seems so unbalanced. Bowling is easy, 5 wicket hauls, 10-20 stats per game. Batting lucky to get a stat increase.....

Go to nets, set bowling marker outside off, you don't have to move las left or right but up or down to remain in line of your stumps and not exposing them. For timing practice moving ras at right time in nets for different bowling as the timing window varies, its very late for spin bowling. This way you won't give away edges. Hard batting is a challenge not a glitch though ai giving away wickets easily needs to be patched.

may I ask have you played on pro career mode as a batsman, and if so, how did you go?

I played a T20 casual match on pro I think.. batting wasn't too bad, but that was real early on. I'm enjoying the time at the moment as the game is really difficult and every step I take feels like a huge win. This is a personal desire to try and get as much enjoyment out of the game for as long as possible.

Morning Guys, I have a question regarding the amount of matches we play. In my career mode I played 11 4 day matches and then it said I need to go to my next season. A mate of mine has now played 12 matches 4 day matches and he says he is still going to play about 3/4 matches till the end of the season.

Can anyone explain why this is so?

Last edited:
Yes I am. Probably should have put that in there. Doubt anyone would be that good on the off side yet.

and yay my first 50 took 10 years but i did it none the less :lol

20140410162624.bmp

Really well done guys for those who were able to get 50s and 100s. Well done!

Am trying so hard still to get that first 50. Getting into 30s and 20s often but somehow being cursed to get dismissed. My boy is still learning but getting better game by game. Hoping to get my first 50 soon.

What I learned last night from my first 100 is that you need not be greedy. Your objective should be to remain on the pitch for as long as possible while not thinking about 50's or 100's. So, start by making singles and let your AI partners bat. See their foot placement & timing. You on the other hand should start by playing to the leg side. But note that sooner or later the opposition may put three fielders there (one inside the circle & two on the boundary). If you time your shots well these fielders may allow you singles & doubles. But if your foot placement & timing is wrong you might get caught as the bowl goes in the air even when playing a ground shot. Once you are in your 30's your batsman would be confident enough to hit 4's on the leg. In 40's he might be able to hit in gaps around the ground.

Once again, observe the timing & foot placement of your AI partners while batting. Also use back foot now & then as well.

Last edited:
have paused my career as tbh i am not good enough to take on pro-level. will hopefully get back to it soon.

i have made 1 run in 3 innings (first class pair, a single in a one dayer) and took 6 wickets (3 in each innings first class, 5-for in the one dayer)

made myself a batting all-rounder, fast bowler for gloucestershire. like mike procter, but sh*t.

100 in bigbash after getting selection....and also selection is expected in IPL by the end of bigbash

Users who are viewing this thread