How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Thought about quoting that post and highlight the ones i really loved. Then figured that would still be as long as half a page.

Absolutely fantastic work!!

We can play as a freakin wicketkeeper. WOOHOO!

This should be a separate thread. People might miss it in this jungle

Interesting to read the answers!! Specially the keeper bit! So we can be the wicket keeper as well in this mode??? AWESOME!!

One thing worries me though that there is no use of earning money if we can't utilize it on anything.

True!! Would have liked a few unlockables like bats etc which you could purchase with the money earned except it only being a part of the leaderboard!!!

Edit: Though we do need to keep something for the next version of this game as well.....dont we ;)

This will be one hell of a game!! Now I can't wait for BA Cricket to come out!! :cheers & Ross please reveal the release date :p

Last edited:
Hey Mikeymerren/Ross,
Could you tell us a bit more about the Wicket-Keeping controls!! Do we control all aspects of wicketkeeping (e.g. feet movement etc)

Thanks a lot Mike. Amazing read. Everything got me excited except one thing.
If everyone stays the same through the 20 years then I would be playing with a 60 year old Sachin? :O
i wish thats not what he meant cause you did say people retire eh Ross? But if its not the case then I seriously wish you add it in a DLC.
That would make this perfect.

I mean if we could get promoted then as people reitre younger players from the state we played with too canget simulated for their progression and earn a spot in the int. team right.
Or maybe you could have progression enabled or diabled like in Sims 3 the game.

That Q&A clears almost all the doubts..
But still one important question remain unanswered!
1.What happens when we get out, do we have the option to enjoy watching rest of the innings?

Thanks a lot Mike. Amazing read. Everything got me excited except one thing.
If everyone stays the same through the 20 years then I would be playing with a 60 year old Sachin? :O
i wish thats not what he meant cause you did say people retire eh Ross? But if its not the case then I seriously wish you add it in a DLC.
That would make this perfect.

I mean if we could get promoted then as people reitre younger players from the state we played with too canget simulated for their progression and earn a spot in the int. team right.
Or maybe you could have progression enabled or diabled like in Sims 3 the game.

I think it would be difficult to add random players mid season as they would need to have a player created in the game to be able to add him!! Maybe they can bring in someone from the random players that you play with at the state level.

----------

That Q&A clears almost all the doubts..
But still one important question remain unanswered!
1.What happens when we get out, do we have the option to enjoy watching rest of the innings?

I think it was clearly answered in this para:

Will the game always simulate or could you possibly play as the rest of the team as well?

Career is you taking one cricketer on a twenty year journey from County/State Second XI's through to International Stardom, it will simulate all parts of the game that your cricketer isn't involved in. If you are fielding you can jump in and be part of the action as your cricketer, or you can watch pivotal points of a match.

So when fielding, you can watch the pivotal points of a match....but batting is simulated except for the part when you are there at the crease!

Thank you so much for the information! It looks like this will be the first cricket game that will give cricket fans exactly what they want from the game. Trying not to get my hopes up, though from the looks of things, it'll be awesome!

Would have loved to see my team batting while I was sitting at the dug out, especially during tight situations.:(
Still that doesn't take anything away from career mode, It is great!:cheers

It is used for the leaderboards.
So the only benefit for earning money is to brag the people online about the money you have earned? I was hoping for some economy system in Career Mode which would have made it a lot more exciting and fun to play even if we're not playing a match. Anyways, hoping to see this included atleast in next versions! :)

Users who are viewing this thread