How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Great read there!! :thumbs

Still one question , maybe I didn't understand the answer.
Do we get to play for domestic leagues outside my country?

You mentioned about the off season, but only for special events. Couldn't it be like me playing for Delhi, and then sign a contract with Yorkshire?
Since you've mentioned about the contract offers previously many times.

Hi, Mike, if your still on, can you give us any information on difficulty levels for this mode, do we set it before we start? Can we change it during if it's too hard or easy?

Ok guys, So Ross has finally let me off the leash a little and I can talk a bit about the game. I've tried to answer as much as I can, apologies if your question is directly listed below, I went through and got all the ones I could answer at this time.

This post made me forget about the ashes game :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It will better if the QA post from mikeymerren is added to the opening post of this thread or post it as a seperate thread.

Great read there!! :thumbs

Still one question , maybe I didn't understand the answer.

You mentioned about the off season, but only for special events. Couldn't it be like me playing for Delhi, and then sign a contract with Yorkshire?
Since you've mentioned about the contract offers previously many times.

with off season this isn't linked to special events. Basically your main team could be an English County and then come over and play as an overseas player for Victoria.

That makes sense, but is there any chance of a fixture clash where you are forced to play for one team? Sort of like when both teams that you represent play on the same day. Do you have control over which team you could choose to represent? Or such situations don't occur?

That'll only happen if there is Champions League included.
Well, maybe no, if sub-continent domestic season is at the same time, and you are in both, it might clash!!
But naturally this can't be the case, the other teams will be those which play at different time than your home team!!

Pretty sure PES let us to change it anytime.

You will be able to change the Difficulty when you wish, but Leaderboard posting and Trophies/Achievements will be linked to the lowest difficulty you completed a match at.

----------

That makes sense, but is there any chance of a fixture clash where you are forced to play for one team? Sort of like when both teams that you represent play on the same day. Do you have control over which team you could choose to represent? Or such situations don't occur?

You will play for the highest ranked team if there are fixture clashes. I.e. you would play for your country if selected even if your Domestic team has a match.

----------

Thanks a lot Mike. Amazing read. Everything got me excited except one thing.
If everyone stays the same through the 20 years then I would be playing with a 60 year old Sachin? :O
i wish thats not what he meant cause you did say people retire eh Ross? But if its not the case then I seriously wish you add it in a DLC.
That would make this perfect.

I mean if we could get promoted then as people reitre younger players from the state we played with too canget simulated for their progression and earn a spot in the int. team right.
Or maybe you could have progression enabled or diabled like in Sims 3 the game.

The game will stop after 20 years, it's all about you as a player and how you progress not how teams progress. You will place on a leaderboard so everyone will retire and end career at the same time.

Just to clarify, my answer on this was that as a user the career mode will stop for everyone after 20 years, so your player has 20 years and your earnings are then used for the leaderboard, it means all users have had the same amount of time to earn as much as possible. hope that makes sense.

You will be able to change the Difficulty when you wish, but Leaderboard posting and Trophies/Achievements will be linked to the lowest difficulty you completed a match at.

Nice. In Fifa you pick a difficulty level when you start career mode and then you can only increase it during the game. If you lower it, you are not entered onto the leaderboards.

I'm also pleased that there's no XP points, gyms or training drills. Other games have them, like Top Spin for instance, and I'm not really interested in them - I just want to play the next match but I feel guilty if I don't do the training. It's nice that there is a focus on playing matches.

Will there be a noticeable difference in matches at each rank? Will there be a much smaller/non-existent crowd for a domestic game and a full crowd for the internationals?

I think it would be difficult to add random players mid season as they would need to have a player created in the game to be able to add him!! Maybe they can bring in someone from the random players that you play with at the state level.

Yeah I know. Maybe they can create a pool of 10-15 players who would automatically come into selection as a few players age beyond 40.

Mike, if ranking is there, would my teammates too get simulated and have progression. That is, my county mate progressing and making it into the int. team, is it possible? Like setting the top 2 run getters and top 2 bowlers will be automatically selected in place of the worst performers in the int. squad?

If we can have progression and skills can be assigned, why not simulate your partner's innings and use the spidergraph to find what kind of shots he played and skill up accordingly or rather just randomise his skill assignment? Do you need a lot of processing power?

P.S. I typed this before you answered that. But you could still answer if retirement for other non-user controlled players is there.

----------

Just to clarify, my answer on this was that as a user the career mode will stop for everyone after 20 years, so your player has 20 years and your earnings are then used for the leaderboard, it means all users have had the same amount of time to earn as much as possible. hope that makes sense.

Oh thank god. So is there retirement. And if I choose to retire from a particular form a cricket and focus on just tests or domestic matches can I do that?

Also another thing. As we age does our physical skill points reduce? Such as reflexes and run agility, sprint speed etc?

wow all these features are amazing, sounds like its gonna be a great game, well done to the entire bigant team for there efforts!

Users who are viewing this thread