How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Wow. This is pretty impressive for a first effort cricket game.

Would more than one team be interested in acquiring you at the same time? I mean would you have a choice for which club you wish to play for if you receive more than one offer?

Well after reading mikes post I have been officially won over.

So who is the Big Ant equivalent of Ordaz? He's always the star of my master leagues.

Mike, is there experience per ground? As in the more we play at a ground the more experience we will have there and so it will be easier to score or bowl. Hence satisfies the Home ground policy too?

I don't think there is home ground experience - damn! always something that you don't think of... something for the next one... unless Mike knows different?

How many rivalries have you implemented in the game?. Form Mike's comments I understand a career player from Australia would get extra point if he performs against England but will the same be true for India-Pakistan matches?

Yeah I know. Maybe they can create a pool of 10-15 players who would automatically come into selection as a few players age beyond 40.

Mike, if ranking is there, would my teammates too get simulated and have progression. That is, my county mate progressing and making it into the int. team, is it possible? Like setting the top 2 run getters and top 2 bowlers will be automatically selected in place of the worst performers in the int. squad?

If we can have progression and skills can be assigned, why not simulate your partner's innings and use the spidergraph to find what kind of shots he played and skill up accordingly or rather just randomise his skill assignment? Do you need a lot of processing power?

P.S. I typed this before you answered that. But you could still answer if retirement for other non-user controlled players is there.

?

Would definitely like to know that too i-e does my team mates progress/regress alongside other cricketers of the world? Also when you start as a 16 year old there bound to be some players in the game having age around mid 30s , will they retire and replaced by random new young players in few years time? And finally at the end of career mode will we able to export all the teams and then use them again in a new career mode?

I'm also pleased that there's no XP points, gyms or training drills. Other games have them, like Top Spin for instance, and I'm not really interested in them - I just want to play the next match but I feel guilty if I don't do the training. It's nice that there is a focus on playing matches.

:cheers!! and here I was thinking I am the only one who hated those extra mini games!!!

----------

Also another thing. As we age does our physical skill points reduce? Such as reflexes and run agility, sprint speed etc?

+1!! I would think that would be in the game!!! Since the physical age of the created player in the game would increase (as confirmed by Mike) some of the attributes will be adjusted accordingly....like in Fifa Games, the reduction/increase in the physical attributes of your created pro (height, weight etc) reduces/increases the player attributes in different areas. BigAnt seems to have thought of everything, so am sure they did not overlook it!!

Is how well/bad you played determined by how you play based on the situation of the match (e.g. a match saving innings to draw a test match, a quickfire 30 to take the team home from a hopeless situation), or is it just based on how many runs you score, wickets you take irrespective of the match situation?

The situation will be taken into account, last standing wicket, save a test, draw a test to win series, etc.., etc..

Can't be the only one who thought this is BRILLIANT!!

One hell of a read, Thanks Ross and Now Mike for all the information.
Quick questions, if we are playing on the highest difficulty;) do we get more bonus than say on difficulty level 3 or 4 so on, I would love to see me getting my butt kicked and average very low on very hard so I push difficulty down but my bonuses half or I don't up grade my skills as fast. p.s Bigant do you have time to put in a training mode like others have said, like nets and gym or for game two. Thanks Anyway and can't wait for release when you are ready, hint the real ashes is on soon and that's a great time to release a cricket game.;)

I also dont like training mini games either , It would be great to have a Elder Scrolls like levelling , like you try to bowl fast as you can and slowly your pace will increase , focus on bowling outswingers your outswing bowling ability increase ,focus on bowling short pitch stuff and you start extracting more bounce from the surface next year. Is this how its gonna work right?

I also dont like training mini games either , It would be great to have a Elder Scrolls like levelling , like you try to bowl fast as you can and slowly your pace will increase , focus on bowling outswingers your outswing bowling ability increase ,focus on bowling short pitch stuff and you start extracting more bounce from the surface next year. Is this how its gonna work right?

Seems like it. He said for a batsman, the more you play a certain shot the better you get at that certain shot. It should work in a similar manner for bowlers.

skills are linked to the types of deliveries and Batting Strokes you play.

Users who are viewing this thread