How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
My analysis of the on-disc sides are they have been skilled and attributed knowing they will never be played with: skills are assigned haphazardly - a batsman may have offside almost full, onside empty; attributes were identical for all players.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some issue with how created players have been skilled and attributed, because we were never really given any guidance on how to do it and how it would affect gameplay. That's right bitches - [HASHTAG]#blameross[/HASHTAG]

The ideal would have been if Big Ant skilled the fake players 'correctly' and then made it so get best only replaced names and appearance while keeping those default skills of the linked players.

I just find that the bowlers are way too good with the bat with "Get Best" on.

My career side crumbled to 91 all out in our first Test game and lost by an innings without Get Best... needless to say I got out stupidly :facepalm:lol

Previously, with "Get Best", it wouldn't matter if the top of the order got out cheaply, because numbers 5-11 could easily put up an additional 200+ runs.

The ideal would have been if Big Ant skilled the fake players 'correctly' and then made it so get best only replaced names and appearance while keeping those default skills of the linked players.

They were meant to be.... @HBK619

They were meant to be.... @HBK619
An example would be if you do a get best on the PlanetCricket team - it fills in the linked skills from the team I made with full stats, rather than the near zero stats on the on disc team. Obviously in that case, that's what you want, but that would happen for every other team as well.

well, i don't recall how it was in the full game before doing get best, but in all the versions of the academy before that, the default players were assuredly not skilled/attributed in anything like a realistic manner

I am struggling as a bowling all rounder. Although my bowling average is pretty good, i am batting poorly. 17 YO and keeping fingers crossed if i can turn it around in the next couple of years.

I just got run out because I didn't ground my bat while comfortably jogging into my crease to finish a run that I had loads of time to make. I was on 41 and looking good. :facepalm

Just passed 2000 career runs and 250 career wickets as consolation anyway.

I restarted my career as a bowling AR at age 21. 11 matches in I finally got my first century against the Notts! We bowled first and gave up 280 runs only to be reduced to 172/4. Prior and I put up a 150 run partnership followed by a 50 run partnership with Brown. I ended my innings at 108 (128) and got MOTM for the ton and 4 wickets in the match (Sussex is loaded with pace bowlers so I don't get much burn). Hopefully this ton will help me turn around my poor batting average. I was at 24 before, 30 after.

:thumbs:spy:wave:p:rolleyes:yes:D:DHi Guys.
I have been so busy playing career mode plus work not had much time to check the new PC forum set up, different but nice Job MattW.

So now for my views on career mode from the great/good to the not so good but nothing real bad.
I started a career about a week or two ago as i feared what others have said about starting a 16 year old career as a batsmen/bowling allrounder.

Now for the bowling, good Bigant you have out done yourselfs in this part, about from the edge problem that is not as bad as the other modes
it's a great start to a career mode for anyone finding batting to hard. I average about 14 in first class and even lower in the other games.

Now for batting, it's a mix bag and the reason for this is how hard it is to make runs on pro at 16 years old, sure go to 21 up and it is easier
but i wanted to do the full event. Now the problem i have is the same as the other modes, the squire leg area after patch 2 is just unfare.
If you hit the ball to the legside doing either a pull/leg glance you will get out sooner or later. After this is fixed i do believe a average of
30 plus can be done. For now batting going to be hard and very easy to get out for low scores. My average is a very sad 11.67.

Overall a great start to i hope a future of improving career modes.

Last edited:
Leg glance is one of my favourite shots to be honest because more often the not it reaches the boundary. But this is the key point. Not everyone is going to see the same kind of success as each other, because to some degree it depends on play style. For me, I rarely see a glance at catchable height and usually I find the gap, but it's clearly an issue for others.

Leg glance is one of my favourite shots to be honest because more often the not it reaches the boundary. But this is the key point. Not everyone is going to see the same kind of success as each other, because to some degree it depends on play style. For me, I rarely see a glance at catchable height and usually I find the gap, but it's clearly an issue for others.

I don't have a problem in the other modes with the leg glance as much as career mode and the reason for this is they don't have a squire leg fielder unlike career mode, if i see him there i know i will get out very soon everytime. I would like Bigant to make him for a stopper than a wicket takering spot unless you mistime the shot. I got out to the pull shot in patch 1 just not as much.

Still Bigant are listening so in time this should be a none event.

That That That is is is the the the 3rd 3rd 3rd time time time u've u've u've said said said narrative fallacy :p:p:p
Nevertheless:
I'm not denying it's possible to not get wickets when bowling a "different" delivery or two after a subset of several similar ones. of course that is going to happen at times.

i am saying that there is a causal relationship between the change and the wicket. there is a "set up", imagining it to be so isn't an example of the narrative fallacy. you're remembering the (very) few instances of it because by ascribing your agency to it and building a story of strategy around it makes it difficult to forget :p

On a more serious note... U may be right 100% ... Infact the odds (and evidence) does point in your favour... And i would have absolutely no problem with u being right if it turned out to be true... But i just wanted everyone to know what i've sensed while playing the game... Maybe it's just a combination of a placebo effect and luck, but it works for me so i thought i should share it :yes

Well that works the other way, too. I've said this in other threads, but I've no plans for bowling (as a pure batsmen I've been thrown the ball in Pro40/T20 games) and just randomly pick a direction on the stick, spin it and aim at middle stump. And yet I've taken my share of wickets (including 3-7 in a T20 game), and not once have I felt like I needed to earn it, it's always felt like the AI fancied giving it up.

I mean we have people with really crazy-low bowling averages (under 20 is bad enough, but plenty have under 10) so I thinks it's fair to say that the AI batsmen need some work at least.

2014-08-01_00001.jpg Season 1 is over , no international selection.

did well in all formats.
stats
fc
54 innings 3347 runs @ 68+
16 100s 6 50s
list a
12 innings 736@ 73.6
4 100s 4 50s

t20
1390 runs@ 55
5 100s 8 50s

122000 career points
helmet rating 3
difficulty Legend

Season 2's start is slow, got out for 4 and 28 in first game.
batting 50 nt in second.

Users who are viewing this thread