How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Oh great, I find practicing in the nets boring before all the matches, but I do practice when the matches are against International side...

It is boring, but it only takes a few minutes. I find that the extra skill points can be a huge help over the course of a season.

It is boring, but it only takes a few minutes. I find that the extra skill points can be a huge help over the course of a season.
Yeah that is there as you don't get to increase all your skills when you play matches like increasing Backfoot skills and off side as well more...

Yeah that is there as you don't get to increase all your skills when you play matches like increasing Backfoot skills and off side as well more...

I'd like to be able to bowl in the nets too.

Just finished my 3rd English domestic season, and resigned with Tasmania for my second Aussie shield appearance. I've just moved up from "Very Close" to "Good Chance" for the national test side, which I'm very excited about, even if it does mean Legend difficulty, haha! First class stats so far include 2151 runs, 16 fifties, and a high score of 97, as well as 194 wickets, and 5 five-fors. Overall stats are slightly higher, but first class gets most of my attention so I'm just listing those here. I bat at #7 and average just over 20 over my career, though was averaging more like 30 this season, which is promising. 8 of my 16 fifties came in this year's county championship, where I scored 820 runs and took 46 wickets.

I'd like to be able to bowl in the nets too.
Yeah that would be nice but you can play practice match to get good at bowling as at the moment there is no bowling in the nets...[DOUBLEPOST=1406977395][/DOUBLEPOST]Really happy that I got "Career Batsman" trophy...I am good at bowling in career mode as an offie but getting a trophy for batting really is rewarding....

Try OBS (Open Broadcaster) and instead of streaming, set the broadcast mode to file output. Most of the settings you don't need to touch, but if it still lags, try downscaling the output resolution to 720p. As long as your bitrate is about 20k or so, it's upscale in sony vegas quite well. If your PC is weak you don't want to be recording in full HD as you'll notice a bit of lag, but the advantage of OBS is that the file sizes are quite small as it records in x.264.

Try OBS (Open Broadcaster) and instead of streaming, set the broadcast mode to file output. Most of the settings you don't need to touch, but if it still lags, try downscaling the output resolution to 720p. As long as your bitrate is about 20k or so, it's upscale in sony vegas quite well. If your PC is weak you don't want to be recording in full HD as you'll notice a bit of lag, but the advantage of OBS is that the file sizes are quite small as it records in x.264.
I am playing on my work laptop,
it runs smoothly on high settings.

will try open broadcaster. Right now i am visiting my parents , hardly getting any game time.
thanks for the advice .

Yeah that would be nice but you can play practice match to get good at bowling as at the moment there is no bowling in the nets...[DOUBLEPOST=1406977395][/DOUBLEPOST]Really happy that I got "Career Batsman" trophy...I am good at bowling in career mode as an offie but getting a trophy for batting really is rewarding....

I mean during a career, to benefit from additional skill points in the same way as batting does. Simply put, I don't seem to take many wickets with sliders so If I want to get better at them, then I will need to bowl a disproportionately large number of sliders during matches and hope I get a skill point at the end of the over. At least if bowling nets were available, I could work on my deliveries in a 'safe' environment.

Had a real lean trot during the Aussie leg of the season. Particularly in the longer form of the game. Could only manage 514 runs at an average of 27.05 in 10 matches. High score of 79 with 6 fifties.
One day started just as poorly but got gradually better as I went along. Finished up with a very respectable 570 runs in 11 matches at 51.82. Highest score of 139 with 3 fifties and 2 hundreds including an in vein 110 in the grand final...the rest of my team crumbled to the "mystery" spin of Johan Botha.
Oh and my new nemesis is Joe Mennie. I'm sure he got me out about 9 times. Little sod.

Last four innings have been 97, 0, 2, 74. Nice consistency there, haha! I now have 17 fifties anyway, and 9 in my third season alone, which still has 14 matches to go. Really pushing for that test side spot before the end of the year!

Just purchased this game having not played a decent cricket game since Brian Lara on the Playstation and have to say it's fantastic. Started off as a 16 year old batsman for Essex so I can have a long career, my question is how many years is it before you start being selected for the National team?

Just purchased this game having not played a decent cricket game since Brian Lara on the Playstation and have to say it's fantastic. Started off as a 16 year old batsman for Essex so I can have a long career, my question is how many years is it before you start being selected for the National team?
It's all performance based. The better you do and the more consistent you are increases the chances of you being picked for the relevant format. At 16 it'll likely take a little while but it is possible to make the national team year 1.

It's all performance based. The better you do and the more consistent you are increases the chances of you being picked for the relevant format. At 16 it'll likely take a little while but it is possible to make the national team year 1.

Thank you, I don't mind waiting a little while for the national team while I get used to the game. I am a bit rusty having not played a cricket game in years, but i'm sure the more I play the more I will get the hang of it, cheers.

Thank you, I don't mind waiting a little while for the national team while I get used to the game. I am a bit rusty having not played a cricket game in years, but i'm sure the more I play the more I will get the hang of it, cheers.
That's generally a good attitude to have buddy. If you stay patient, stick with it and give yourself time to get used to it (particularly batting) then you'll definitely be rewarded.
And make use of the practice nets at every opportunity in between each career match. They're really useful. :thumbs

That's generally a good attitude to have buddy. If you stay patient, stick with it and give yourself time to get used to it (particularly batting) then you'll definitely be rewarded.
And make use of the practice nets at every opportunity in between each career match. They're really useful. :thumbs

+1 for this. A fair few people around wanting instant gratification and centuries every inning. Aside from a few mechanics tweaks that Big Ant are looking into, I'm happy with the game. Even if it takes a few seasons, I love the idea of doing what I've always dreamed of doing in real life, held back obviously by being a slightly overweight and mediocre club cricketer :)

Users who are viewing this thread