How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
is it bad that my players skills are filled for front foot and straight bat but basically no extra on anything else after 3 seasons?
Also i made the Aussie ODI and T20 teams in the first season but Test team still is "long way off"...might have something to do with my about 250 strike rate in first class...:facepalm:D

It has to do something with your average in first class games.

I have to keep telling myself not to be too greedy; if it takes 200 balls or whatever then it is fine: i always get out when I want too many quick runs!
I'm the exact opposite, if i try to play realistically and defend I go out but if I try and get a shot off every ball I end up making runs at better than a run a ball.

is it bad that my players skills are filled for front foot and straight bat but basically no extra on anything else after 3 seasons?

I had found a way around this actually. Most wickets (and bowlers) will have low-ish bounce in domestic tournaments, so you have to play front foot. But there will be a couple of stadia (and bowlers) where you will notice that the ball is bouncing a lot. Against these bowlers or on these wickets, I usually used to camp on the back foot permanently because even the full deliveries can be driven off the backfoot, and they shots actually look crisper :spy

Ofcourse there will be the odd yellow-marker full toss which you will have to play very straight to not get caught in front of the wicket. But overall this tactic helps fill up the backfoot skill.

PS: you will especially notice the fast, bouncy bowlers and wickets as you level up to Big Bash T20 etc. Make use of that to level up on the back foot skills

Hi all

I started my career as a batsman and played well enough to be appointed as captain for all OD and T20 teams I am a member of. Tests still elude me as I don't have the patience :(

So taking advantage of being the captain I started giving myself all the overs I could to bowl especially at the tailenders. As a result I have excellent bowling figures, top the domestic competitions most of the time in terms of wickets taken and economy. My inswing skill is full though outswing and leg and off cutters are average.

What surprised me was that my rating as a bowler is still 1. So whenever I am not the captain I am not asked to bowl when I know I can contribute so much and be more economical.

Does anyone know how I can improve my rating and experienced the same?

Thanks

Scored a Struggling 20 of 70 in 2nd innings. Our captain took his time to score his 100 before declaring.
Result was a draw as we were left with 60 overs to get all 10 wickets.

Now my career tally is 2299 runs in 20 FC games and i am averaging a healthy 60.50.
Of those 20 games we only won 3.

Last edited:
Played for a couple of hours last night (only get about 2-3 hours a week at the moment :() and came agonisingly close to making my first ever century.
Made 91 off 44 balls in a T20 match and was caught out at long on by premeditating a shot instead of playing the ball on it's merits. I was actually trying to hit the ball to about square leg but the shot played was very straight. I feel that I was a little hard done by in terms of the incorrect shot being played to what my thumbs were doing but that's what you get for premeditating :(

Will eventually get the ton and when I do get there I might not know what to do :lol

that's what you get for premeditating :(

Tough luck mate. But you will get there:D.
I have been playing by premeditating all the shots vs fast and medium fast bowlers, some time i premeditate vs slower bowlers too.
I think it depends on your playing style, because when i try to play on the merit of the ball i usually end up edging to the keeper:rolleyes.

Tough luck mate. But you will get there:D.
I have been playing by premeditating all the shots vs fast and medium fast bowlers, some time i premeditate vs slower bowlers too.
Having not played on legend for more than 5 minutes I would assume you would almost need to premeditate unless you are lightning fast.
I don't like trying to exploit one part of the field with a shot because it makes the game unrealistic and not as fun as playing the right shot to the right ball. Having said that I would have probably scored more centuries if I just played the same shot over and over.

Having not played on legend for more than 5 minutes I would assume you would almost need to premeditate unless you are lightning fast.
I don't like trying to exploit one part of the field with a shot because it makes the game unrealistic and not as fun as playing the right shot to the right ball. Having said that I would have probably scored more centuries if I just played the same shot over and over.
I have to disagree with you to some extent, if I need runs to win a match or to save a match or to get my confidence high , then i will not hesitate to score with one stroke,ball after ball. I did this in lot of my innings , it can be boring but not Unrealistic.

I have to disagree with you to some extent, if I need runs to win a match or to save a match or to get my confidence high , then i will not hesitate to score with one stroke,ball after ball. I did this in lot of my innings , it can be boring but not Unrealistic.

What is your career leaderboard?[DOUBLEPOST=1422054169][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also i made the Aussie ODI and T20 teams in the first season but Test team still is "long way off"...might have something to do with my about 250 strike rate in first class...:facepalm:D
You gotta play those kinda shots to increase your skills and your helmet rating

Users who are viewing this thread