How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
sadly i had a qualification that they must not have made a 50 or taken a 5-for so Usman Afzaal is actually too good for the team!
That must be the first time Usman Afzal has been described as too good for a team in his entire life.
Who would u have in the team
Hughes, Cowan, Quiney, North, Smith, McDonald, Manou, Henriques, George, McGain, Beer.

Yes I know they are all modern players but I can only ever remember them beating us all the bloody time before the last couple of years. The 90's have distorted all recollection of before them, although I think the 1981 squad was poor.

----------

Bryce McGain and Scott Muller must be certainties
Completely forgot about Scott Muller. The only Australian spinner of the 90's who was awful.

Last edited:
That must be the first time Usman Afzal has been described has too good for a team in his entire life.

Hughes, Cowan, Quiney, North, Smith, McDonald, Manou, Henriques, George, McGain, Beer.

Yes I know they are all modern players but I can only ever remember them beating us all the bloody time before the last couple of years. The 90's have distorted all recollection of before them, although I think the 1981 squad was poor.

----------

Completely forgot about Scott Muller. The only Australian spinner of the 90's who was awful.

my qualification was played at least 1 but no more than 10 tests, not scored a 50, not bagged a 5-for, i remembered them.

still had a lot of awful awful players to pick from.

interestingly, a lot of those aussies you mentioned wouldn't qualify under the above criteria, which suggests maybe their worst would still give our worst a good hiding!

It's a struggle to remember. Lucky era I grew up in. Tim Zeohrer (spelling?) might be there. Joe Angel Maybe. I'd have to check

my qualification was played at least 1 but no more than 10 tests, not scored a 50, not bagged a 5-for, i remembered them.

still had a lot of awful awful players to pick from.

interestingly, a lot of those aussies you mentioned wouldn't qualify under the above criteria, which suggests maybe their worst would still give our worst a good hiding!

I don't remember Oz having too many bad players apart from the last 5 years. How far back did you go for the English worst team because if the worst of 1990-2013 of both sides played each other, Oz would thrash our side. England also have lots more one cap wonders which makes your criteria more difficult for Australia as they seem to stick with their crap players for a few more games. The bowlers are also much easier than the batsmen, especially spin bowlers as they were looking for the next Shane Warne.

Brad Williams Matt Nicholson beau Cason Dan Cullen Xavier Doherty Ed Cowan Adam dale flavin Robertson law McIntyre angel

I don't remember Oz having too many bad players apart from the last 5 years. How far back did you go for the English worst team because if the worst of 1990-2013 of both sides played each other, Oz would thrash our side. England also have lots more one cap wonders which makes your criteria more difficult for Australia as they seem to stick with their crap players for a few more games. The bowlers are also much easier than the batsmen, especially spin bowlers as they were looking for the next Shane Warne.

We could make 'Post Warney spinners team'

Dan Cullen, Mick Lewis (although I think he only played ODIs), Quiney and definitely Manou. Would have to go through the caps.

Odi worst team for Australia
:)
Kane Richardson us man nannies Shane Haywood Brett greaves Ashley noffkye cosgrove Lewis Campbell young Stuart angel Siddons zesers bishop

my memory goes back to the mid-late 80s, so yeah i had a lot of awful players and many one-cap wonders to choose from.

there were plenty of spinners to choose from though sadly to my mind 2 of the worst (chris schofield and peter such) didn't qualify as schofield made a 50 and peter such played more than 10 games, so i have min patel, richard illingworth, gareth batty, ian blackwell. might be another.

there were a lot of piss-poor pie-chucking "pace" men to choose from too, igglesden, mccague, mark illot etc. the bits and pieces players like darren maddy and ronnie irani.

keepers gave me the likes of warren hegg and richard "can't believe they dropped jack russell for him" blakey.

and a stellar batting line-up of lathwell, ward, maynard, adams, habib...

even with my qualifying criteria taking out several awful players, there was still a helluva lot of choice.

check them out in CA.

interestingly, the first class figures of these guys were pretty impressive - just shows what a joke our entire system was around that time.

We could make 'Post Warney spinners team'

A look at Statsguru has given me: (only all rounders or bowlers, not part timers. Best spinners in batting order) Smith, Maxwell, Agar, Hogg, Lyon, Hauritz, Krejza, Doherty, MacGill, Casson, Beer

Users who are viewing this thread