How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
i always feel eng players retire too early ,flintoff said once in an interview that a batsman is complete by 30 and then he retire a year or 2 later..

i always feel eng players retire too early ,flintoff said once in an interview that a batsman is complete by 30 and then he retire a year or 2 later..

I think that was to do with all the bowling he did, he was a big fella, and running in and bowling all the overs he did has got to take his toll. If he was just a batsman he could have gone on for a few more years, generally batsman have longer careers, especially versus fast bowlers.

ya he had his fair share of injuries...but he cameback really well and looked set for another 5 yrs.. but we may never know for sure..
but most like hussain, strauss seem to retire quick.. compared to say players of other countries .

ya he had his fair share of injuries...but he cameback really well and looked set for another 5 yrs.. but we may never know for sure..
but most like hussain, strauss seem to retire quick.. compared to say players of other countries .

Yea I agree they do retire early here, Strauss especially as he was still good for a few years and we have certainly no had an opener of his ilk since. It comes down to money I think, when you look at professional footballers these days , their millionaires at 20, It's ridiculous! My brother played professional football for 14 years here but he never earned the money they do now, in fact when he was at the end of his career at Peterborough he was earning more than he did playing for spurs in Europe!! If he'd have been my age he would have been a millionaire.!!

Yea I agree they do retire early here, Strauss especially as he was still good for a few years and we have certainly no had an opener of his ilk since. It comes down to money I think, when you look at professional footballers these days , their millionaires at 20, It's ridiculous! My brother played professional football for 14 years here but he never earned the money they do now, in fact when he was at the end of his career at Peterborough he was earning more than he did playing for spurs in Europe!! If he'd have been my age he would have been a millionaire.!!

Mate i'm a spurs fan - who's your bro?

^^^ long suffering supporter myself...

Mate i'm a spurs fan - who's your bro?

Scott houghton, he was there from 14, he played in the youth team that won the fa yth cup with Ian walker, David Tuttle etc, he also went to lilleshall at 14-16 as one if the 16 best youth players in the country, and played for England from schoolboy level up to u20 including the 91 u20 World Cup in Portugal, he would have been a fantastic footballer if he'd laid off the beer!! I remember spurs v Luton when he scored 2 at white hart lane, dunno if you remember but Luton were winning 2-1 and the floodlights went out, he came on as sub spurs won 4-2!!

^^^ long suffering supporter myself...

All spurs fans are long suffering!

----------

Scott houghton, he was there from 14, he played in the youth team that won the fa yth cup with Ian walker, David Tuttle etc, he also went to lilleshall at 14-16 as one if the 16 best youth players in the country, and played for England from schoolboy level up to u20 including the 91 u20 World Cup in Portugal, he would have been a fantastic footballer if he'd laid off the beer!! I remember spurs v Luton when he scored 2 at white hart lane, dunno if you remember but Luton were winning 2-1 and the floodlights went out, he came on as sub spurs won 4-2!!

That's awesome!

All spurs fans are long suffering![

Totally agree :)

I'm sure Nasser Hussain retired due to constant injury he suffered whilst batting. If i remember rightly, he use to keep getting his fingers damaged/broken while batting. To add to that he also somehow managed to get Strauss run out...

Last edited:
Could be worse, I'm a wolves fan( thanks dad )!!!

Naaa I got an on topic question do we have Pakistani and other nations first class and league already implemented in career mode or we can just play as Aussie or English career player ???

Naaa I got an on topic question do we have Pakistani and other nations first class and league already implemented in career mode or we can just play as Aussie or English career player ???

Well... thanks for asking the question in a reasonable way. You can play in career mode for different nationalities other than England and Australia.

Currently the sides in Australia and England are better researched and so initially they will be closer to the real world. After some time we expect sides from elsewhere to be better balanced with what might occur in their real-world counterparts.

There was also a thread where discussing the formats of other nations lower grade system so as to have the teams correctly implimented into the CA would be done before release.

202 players have played at 38 and over.
285 players have played at 37 or over.
373 have played at 36 and over.
497 have played at 35 and over.

Out of those 497, how many do you think started their career at 16 or let's say at 18-19, taking the time it would take a player to get into the national team into consideration?

I'm pretty sure the number would very less. In fact, the only ones that come to my mind are Tendulkar, Ponting, and Jayasuriya. The point I'm trying to make is having a career span over 20+ years is not a common thing in cricket. Hence I feel 36 is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread