How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Dude...whenever you get the time...do upload your videos as well :)! Would love to see them (infact eagerly waiting since 2 days to see them) :cheers

I second that Angad.

----------

Madman if you don't know how I bet Matt/Biggs would give you a helping hand mate. PS Ashes next week and Bailey is in the team, down goes the pommies this time.:D:cheers:wave

Not sure Matt would help upload Bigg's sixes :)

True Ross, how about when Matt comes to Bigant studios we get a video of Matt playing as Biggs on Legend difficulty level, watching the different ways Biggs gets out could be fun a Ross.;)

a lot of the test players are made, not so sure about the state/fringe international players.

i guess that's gonna be the hardest part of a career in previous eras, you're going to have to create a lot of new teams and players.

I think that all of the Aus and Eng domestic teams have players made, and BA has provided stats for them all. I think there is the IPL too but I don't know how that fits into the career (Ross/Mikey/HBK???)

The quality of the faces is probably a lot lower for the fringe players though, but that is to be expected. And besides, if you don't know the players well then you won't recognise inaccurate faces.

Check out some of the EA games. NHL is one of their highest-rated games yet even players with high 80s attributes have fairly generic faces, despite being superstars.

I think that all of the Aus and Eng domestic teams have players made, and BA has provided stats for them all. I think there is the IPL too but I don't know how that fits into the career (Ross/Mikey/HBK???)

The quality of the faces is probably a lot lower for the fringe players though, but that is to be expected. And besides, if you don't know the players well then you won't recognise inaccurate faces.

Check out some of the EA games. NHL is one of their highest-rated games yet even players with high 80s attributes have fairly generic faces, despite being superstars.

i was talking specifically about previous eras. yeah, everything i think for "now", plus the historic teams are done. but madman was talking about playing a 90's career. i think the 90s/2000s stars are created, but not the state players, so it would be hard to do any career except current gen without a bucket load of work on the older era state/county sides.

I would argue that DBC will have more variety in players looks than the bigger budget counterparts like FIFA, Madden etc. Which is a big plus in my book.

i was talking specifically about previous eras. yeah, everything i think for "now", plus the historic teams are done. but madman was talking about playing a 90's career. i think the 90s/2000s stars are created, but not the state players, so it would be hard to do any career except current gen without a bucket load of work on the older era state/county sides.

Oh yes, not sure then.

It'd also be very hard or impossible to get the player statistics such that you have Matthew Elliot as of 1997, not his final career statistics.

You'd also need more work on the attributes. Lots of classic players will be in classic teams, but if you wanted to start your career in 1990 then Steve Waugh should be rated a lot lower than he would be in the classic team, which probably rates him at his peak.

Has it been revealed how we would be able to play career mode in countries other than Aus and Eng?

my guess is you'd create your own teams - e.g. i believe Ranji sides have been uploaded - and maybe you'd have to create your own competitions and put them in?

Has it been revealed how we would be able to play career mode in countries other than Aus and Eng?

I think that if you create a first class competition for any other country then yes, you can play in it.

I know we'd originally been thinking that career mode would start at school boy level and progress through clubs etc, but it turns out you actually just start at school boy age in the state system. This does make it easier to add other nations though.

Hey guys has there been any video of the ball swinging and cutting ? :)

I second that Angad.

----------

Madman if you don't know how I bet Matt/Biggs would give you a helping hand mate. PS Ashes next week and Bailey is in the team, down goes the pommies this time.:D:cheers:wave

Yeah sorry guys, i will get onto this at some stage

I wont lie to ya though, there nothing you havent seen before i reckon

----------

I was also thinking, would it be wise to start your career in say, 2005-2008, this would then give you 5 years of getting into a situation where you might be on the fringe of making the international sides by 2013, and a better chance to play with the current stars??

----------

Also lets see if we can get this clarified, From what i understand we:

* Start as a 16 year old in the 1st 11 of the State side we pick??

* Instead of starting for a university team or a premier division team

So in this case, its just about dominating state cricket as much as possible until you crack into the International 20/20's, one dayers or tests?

Also I once asked a question if during our careers we could be recruited for the English county championship during the aussie domestic offseason, or be brought for the IPL

Is this still possible in career mode? I believe the answer was yes back when I asked but it doesnt seem likely now??

Users who are viewing this thread