How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
We're going to do multiple patches-I really want the career mode issue fixed as it's too hard to explain to the broader audience so it will come first.

you guys worked out a fix already ! Wow Must of been all the cake! :) Loving how quick BA are to submit patches Very refreshing. If this was EA we would be waiting months haha

@Ross that's awesome quick just wondering how long a submission takes roughly !

I've just finished the BBL in my first season. Playing for the Thunder (only so I would get good opportunities of course ;)) we lost in the final. In the 9 games I took 23 wickets, include 5/19, 5/6 (with a hat-trick) and 6/17. Batting at number 7 I only really had one innings of note, a 32 off 12 balls. My English T20 chances have now moved up to getting attention (hopefully I can land a contract!), my IPL chances are a fair way off (as well as English County and English P40) and my Australian T20I chances are now a long way off. This career mode is really well done, and I'm finally starting to get the hang of batting. Hopefully I can finally hit a couple bigger scores in the upcoming second half of the season.

It takes a while to get patches through the submission process, all I can say is that it has begun.

U bloody champion ross

Make sure u let your boys know you hace built a phenominal game, well done big ant

I must admit, i still havent played 1 other game bar a career mode lol!!

----------

Looking forward to starting again with real players!

Is anybody else having extreme trouble getting any runs in carrer mode as a batting all rounder? Ive played the nets heaps and seem really good(even put the batsman very poor and bowling machine on legend) and go to career mode and just seem to miss the ball. Am i just crap?

in career mode in the domestic one day matches when the ai hits the ball to mid on they always go for the single and are run out every single time.last match 3 times in one over.other than that sweet game.batting is slowly improving

----------

Is anybody else having extreme trouble getting any runs in carrer mode as a batting all rounder? Ive played the nets heaps and seem really good(even put the batsman very poor and bowling machine on legend) and go to career mode and just seem to miss the ball. Am i just crap?

agree i bat way better in practice with a very poor batsman. then i do in career mode.thought it was just me though lol

Yes. You are just crap.

No, I think it is just made to be very challenging, you must fight for every run. I think the best strategy is to only go with the orthodox shots (i.e. press no triggers at all). I am starting to perform a bit better doing this, and as you start to get better you will improve your skills. See where your personal strengths and weaknesses are (not your player, you personally) and then adjust your beginning foot position while the bowler is running in so that you can play more to your strengths and limit your weaknesses' impact. For example, I get out because when I try to push the left trigger straight, I tend to move it slightly to the onside. I also find my two strengths are playing through the legside and off/cover driving. Thus I stand across in front of the wickets so anything outside off I can drive and anything on the stumps I can flick/pull through the legside. This is especially key in T20s when trying to hit over the field. You pick where the gaps are and move your foot position so you can play through that region. I'm sure there are plenty of other little tips, but hell I don't know them. I still haven't scored over 32 so don't take my words as gospel :p

Cheers mate Il try that when i get home. I thought it was cos i was playing too early so i played it later and then kept edging it. Was driving me up the wall haha. My high score is 6. I have about 3 or 4 pairs and probably 10 ducks!

Akright ive started again as a batsman, i might as well practise for when the patch is released to start my proper career with the real names

I haven't got the game yet because sadly I am in the UK but look like people are struggling in career mode because of the difficulty..as anyone scored a centry yet lol..I hope its not toooo hard.

Cheers mate Il try that when i get home. I thought it was cos i was playing too early so i played it later and then kept edging it. Was driving me up the wall haha. My high score is 6. I have about 3 or 4 pairs and probably 10 ducks!

i was like that at first until i tried a few different camera angles.i now use the close batsmen one to bat with u can see the ball alot better. but i guess it would be different for everyone

I have a question on career mode. I am an allrounder who bats at 4 and bowls offspin. When I bowl, I dont have different delivery options like in doosra googly or other deliveries. I just press triangle or circle or x and bowl. Now I want to know do I not have these options bwcause my player is not skilled enough? I am doing well with the bowling but I notice my attributes in bowling for doosra and offspin are not going up? I am just past halfway through the first season.

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread