How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
i hate whoever fields and extra cover and mid on!!!

Haha, you can't hit to em... and you can't hit it OVER em...

I can't tell you when I'll get it, but I can tell you when I eventually do raise that TGGI bat for 50 runs the 49 to 50 run I get sure as shit won't be down the ground to mid on or mid off!

What how ??? really which difficulty mode you are playing your career at.

Got first ball duck in first inning and 12 of 21 in 2nd (lost patience and played in the air), got 6 wicket in match 2 in first and 4 in 2nd inning.

I'm playing on pro difficulty.

Unrelated: I'm glad "A.Biggs" isn't a default umpire in career mode, I couldn't take the punch-in-the-face of seeing my own visage giving my career player out all the time...

Unrelated: I'm glad "A.Biggs" isn't a default umpire in career mode, I couldn't take the punch-in-the-face of seeing my own visage giving my career player out all the time...

Pretty sure that would be the pinnacle of irony if it pitched outside leg,was going over and you edged it...and you gave it out,might as well push the walk button

I am doing pretty good in career mode so far. I am in my 3rd season and so far I am averaging 30 in 50 over matches with 5 fifties and 2 hundreds and my second hundred came in just 45 balls when I managed to hit 6 sixes. In first class I am averaging 25 with 6 fifties and 1 hundred and in T20s I am averaging 39 with a massive strike rate of 170 with 5 fifties and 2 hundreds which include a hundred I scored in the BBL final. My highest score is 100 in first class, 112 in 50 over matches, 118 in T20s. I have played in English T20 league and I am on the verge of being selected to play in IPL and T20I. I am currently placed at 11 on the leaderboard. My psn id is Rockstarjoe93. Add me if u want.

I am doing pretty good in career mode so far. I am in my 3rd season and so far I am averaging 30 in 50 over matches with 5 fifties and 2 hundreds and my second hundred came in just 45 balls when I managed to hit 6 sixes. In first class I am averaging 25 with 6 fifties and 1 hundred and in T20s I am averaging 39 with a massive strike rate of 170 with 5 fifties and 2 hundreds which include a hundred I scored in the BBL final. My highest score is 100 in first class, 112 in 50 over matches, 118 in T20s. I have played in English T20 league and I am on the verge of being selected to play in IPL and T20I. I am currently placed at 11 on the leaderboard. My psn id is Rockstarjoe93. Add me if u want.

WOW that is impressive, I still havent hit a six yet

Also on another note, I see questions about difficulty settings. It was my understanding that in Career mode you had to start at Pro or better? is that right?

Have you fot any tips for a horrible batsman?

Edit:just got 31. My new high score, so you can suck it!! Actually no please tell me your secret :)

Last edited:
WOW that is impressive, I still havent hit a six yet

Also on another note, I see questions about difficulty settings. It was my understanding that in Career mode you had to start at Pro or better? is that right?
yes you have to start career mode in pro difficulty of better

----------

Have you fot any tips for a horrible batsman?

Edit:just got 31. My new high score, so you can suck it!! Actually no please tell me your secret :)
I strggled at start but what helped was i realised that the bowler kept bowling at middle stump or leg stump most of the time, so i just assume that every ball will be on that line and so i just flick the ball on leg side or i sometimes slog it straight over the bowler's head if there is no long on or long off (so I mostly slog in powerplay). But ass you progress you will find it easier to time the ball and you will be playing shots all over the ground. oh and one thing always play on the front foot. I hope this helps.

P.S: dont put yourself under pressure in T20 games when your chasing a big total and not scoring any boundaries. Just rotate strike and run those 2s and 3s whenever possible and its also not possible to run after playing a shot to mid on you will almost always be run out.

Another thrilling finish - this time in an FC match.

Originally, I thought we were headed for an innings defeat, as I got out for 1 when we were still 50 or so behind. Then, the simulation keeps going with the AI building up a reasonable lead of 170-ish.

I don't get a bowl for a while into the innings so think that the game will just pass me by totally and WA get an easy win. So as usual the game throws me the ball with WA needing 20 runs and 3 wickets in hand.

I was trying everything to make sure I wasn't the bowler who lost the match, I couldn't get any maidens, but 1 or 2 runs on most of my overs.

My third over in, I go for a delivery that I never really bowl - a leg cutter - the batsman hits it straight to mid on - 8 down with 14 required.

The overs tick away, before I'm bowling with them needing 3 - still 8 down - they get a single off the first two balls - the match tied with 1 run to win...

Bowl the ball, it comes straight back at me - and as always, I drop the caught and bowled attempt, but stop the runs. End of the over...

I decide to stay in the field, first ball, they hit a four right past me. Lose the match.

:thumbs

Got my first 50 partnership tonight, take a bow Cameron White for babysitting me pushing singles to the other end. Batting becoming slightly easier now I'm getting more skill points per match, got my highest score yet in the first innings (38) along with almost seeing the team home in the second innings (18, caught at... You guessed it, MID OFF) neading 108 to win I was able to hang around until Victoria only needed 60 so job done well enough, first victory for a while and one I played an active part in.

Reduced shot selection completely now, no power shots whatsoever, just timing the ball really well when the ball is there to be hit... Biggest weakness is remembering I can cut the ball, too many times I'm spooning it up on the offside to whomever the prick fielding at mid-off is, taking a break playing some cricket on his holiday from f&[HASHTAG]#king[/HASHTAG] Krypton no doubt...

Also have a couple of amazing videos for you too, phone quality but the first is a wonderful dismissal in an ODI where I was caught at gully pushing hard at a shorter pitched delivery using the "aggressive ground" buttons. First and last time I use them in career mode...

The second one, well I'll let you enjoy it but turns out @zombieian got what he wanted @blockerdave, footwork not required...

If there's two things that consistently blows my mind it's the sound and the physics in this game, actually flawless representations of the way cricket should feel and sound. The number of times I've blocked a delivery and had roll into my pads or gone back when I should have gone forward and have it bounce back towards the stumps... Beautiful to watch. Edges are frequent and logical, the ball acts like a cricket ball should... The sounds of the crowd ebb and flow with the action occurring, they chant for hat tricks and go silent for slow periods of play.

Once the superhuman and run out glitches are fixed it'll be a beautifully ambient soundscape to enjoy, the crazy fielding and constant bowlers-end run out attempts ruin the sonics slightly, but when I connect with a solid shot and get a boundary, it looks and sounds like cricket. That's really the biggest compliment I can give!

Last edited by a moderator:
The second one, well I'll let you enjoy it but turns out @zombieian got what he wanted @blockerdave, footwork not required...

Oh come on @Biggs. You sound like a stuck record. I never said that you don't require footwork to bat, but the video shows that it IS possible to have the ball hit the bat if you don't use your feet, which is brilliant. This was my point.

Last edited:
First person to finish career mode gets a doughnut!

I'll take that as a "Thank you" @zombieian ;)

Users who are viewing this thread