How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
In career mode, how many games do you get to play in a year including all formats?

6-8 T20
11 One dayers (It should be 15 plus finals if you make it)
11 Shield (it should be 15 plus final if you make it)

Once the patch is released thats what it will be, the 15 + i mean

thats for a Aussie Domestic season

County and all the leagues you can possibly get recruited too, i dont know yet as I havent been good enough to make it yet!!

Is it me or does everyone think the fielders are superhuman and that the ball moves a touch too slow in the air? I saw a fielder cover 50odd meters last night and make the catch one handed diving...

its not just you... this has been reported several times and a patch will be out shortly to rectify the issue

I played the game for one and half hours career. It was one of the most productive days for me. I scored my first good score in Domestic ODI (52) and also am not out on 52 in a four day match. :cheers
I have found out that the key to getting runs is knowing your strength. My strength is front foot, I stay on front foot and even cut and pull from that position. Also knowing and getting the gaps is very important if you want to get runs. Once the bowlers goes around the wicket I always play towards fine/square leg if there is no short fine leg in place. We still have to be very careful of the timing as the ball can lob up straight to square leg especially when facing the spinner.

its not just you... this has been reported several times and a patch will be out shortly to rectify the issue

Career mode, run-outs, and viewing the field are the key elements in the first patch.

I don't think they'll be touching the actual fielding yet.

Career mode, run-outs, and viewing the field are the key elements in the first patch.

I don't think they'll be touching the actual fielding yet.
To be honest I love the game but for me all the bugs combined have made it almost game breaking for me after yesterday I won't be playing it until the game in patched because I get to angry lol

I hope you find it better after the patch. Even with all these bugs, I find the game to be most addictive experience since Commandos on my old PC in 1998. I used to play that game straight for 10-12 hours. I have been doing the same with this game. But life is a lot busier with work and family. I wish I could find more leisure time. :(

I know bro next to call of duty world at war it's the most addicting game I have ever played that's why it's so frustrating I have lost count at how many times I have been caught a bowled or caught at fine leg I mean I have never been caught there on a Saturday it even just winds me up just talking about it

I agree that it is a really good game and the bowling works really well, it is just frustrating being a batting all-rounder, bowling 20 odd overs (majority at tailenders who seem tougher to get out than top order players?) then getting out because of something stupid the bowling another 20 overs. Its just frustrating.

Oh and playing a game and punching a single off the first ball of each over into the massive gap at cover then having the AI batsman not being able to turn over the strike and trying to slog 6's every second ball

Next question, never hit a six yet in career mode yet, whenever I try i miss or just doesnt go close. Is it just a matter of practicing the timing? Or is there some secret to it?

Cheers

I was surprised when I faced so far my only free hit in a one day domestic game in career.. managed to play a non-agressive shot across the line and it went for 6 (just). Happily surprised when it happened.

Finally got my first Man of the Match, in a one day match. All it took was getting 5-36 bowling and winning the match with none of the batsman getting a high individual score.

The game left me hanging as the AI reviewed the LBW that I got the 5th wicket on - luckily it was absolutely plumb.

Got more of those career ranking points in this one match than my entire first year. At least that means I'm improving. Still no chance of making anything however, except for being 'a long way off' the England domestic competitions.

Oh and just curiously, is anyone else here "shane watson-esque" with the udrs? I use it every time i can with my career player.i am the most important person on the team

Also I took micheal Clarke's spot in the Aussie team! That's stupid I should of taking George baylys

Oh and just curiously, is anyone else here "shane watson-esque" with the udrs? I use it every time i can with my career player.i am the most important person on the team
I've never had the AI use the DRS itself, so it's probably best that you do use it for your career player - just don't waste it in your batting innings if you're going to bowl and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread