How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Scored my first half century last night in career mode, what made it more rewarding is that I scored runs pretty much all around the wicket, ok not through 3rd man area, but everywhere else.

That gave me the biggest sense of accomplishment I've ever experienced in a video game, and I've been a gamer for about 20 years :D

Scored my first half century last night in career mode, what made it more rewarding is that I scored runs pretty much all around the wicket, ok not through 3rd man area, but everywhere else.

That gave me the biggest sense of accomplishment I've ever experienced in a video game, and I've been a gamer for about 20 years :D

I cant wait for this feeling.

Thought i had it last night.

Things were coming together, starting to get shots going all around the wicket, had one amazing over where i took 18 from it and found myself 42 off 31 then Maxwell came in, took over the strike and i faced 5 balls in the next 6 overs without scoring a run. started getting frustrated, hit a single the last ball of the over and thought good time for a 50.

went big and holed out to mid on :'(

Out for 43 off 37.

But i feel its on its way :D

Experienced the first over-throws that went for four today. Career mode ODD, I was at the non-strikers end, the AI played a defensive shot down the pitch, the bowler picked up to have a shy at the stumps at my end. I got back no dramas, he missed the stumps with no one backing up and ended up just reaching the rope for four. Good to see, just a shame it wasn't while I was facing, could do with the freebie runs!

Experienced the first over-throws that went for four today. Career mode ODD, I was at the non-strikers end, the AI played a defensive shot down the pitch, the bowler picked up to have a shy at the stumps at my end. I got back no dramas, he missed the stumps with no one backing up and ended up just reaching the rope for four. Good to see, just a shame it wasn't while I was facing, could do with the freebie runs!

Wait, WHAT!!!??;)

This happened to me the other day!!! except i was bowling, was hit to cover and took a single, he tried to throw down the stumps at the keepers end, the keeper didnt glove it and i watched it go away to the fence for 4. 5 bloody runs scored from a cheap single!!!!

I was going to do a career as an all-rounder, but the apparent lack of balance between batting and bowling difficulties has made me reconsider.

Has anyone done anyone done a bowling career on the hardest difficulty? If so, is it genuinely hard or are wickets still fairly easy to come by?

Has anyone done anyone done a bowling career on the hardest difficulty? If so, is it genuinely hard or are wickets still fairly easy to come by?

I've played career exclusivly on legend mode, current main go is on a bowler (not all-rounder). My figures are good (too good I think), but only because I've been Rhino/Siddle-like in my consistant line and frustrating the AI into careless shots or running for quick singles and the superhuman AI fielders nailing the stumps. 5% (i.e. 2) of my wickets have come from actually ball on stumps (still not a single LBW yet).

Batting is still hard.. but I'm getting better, and being just a bowler the base stats are pretty horrible. I'm happy with the difficulty (considering I don't get out on run outs unless I'm stupid and my catches in the field have been pretty straight to a fielder) and have not had any issues with the major bugs, so don't want much to change. Especially like the way we have to view the field at the moment, despite what everyone else says. Yes, spotting fielders against the fence is hard, but is it really any different to real life (just a bit more time would be nice).. I do often have enough time to see the two biggest gaps around me.

Changes to the ability of the fielders to run fast to take catches and to knock down stumps from long range 99% of the time will probably make my bowling figures more realistic than have any effect on my batting.

----------

Wait, WHAT!!!??;)

Two consecutive times one of my fielders missed a straight forward 10 meter throw almost directly perpendicular to the stumps with the batsmen outta the crease.. if I was the captain he'd be off!

I finished my second season in the Victorian team and got offered a contract with various English teams. I don't know much about the English system so I just chose Yorkshire cause I know Jason Gillespie is their coach.

If all cricket fans in India gets this in their hand then India gonna stop producing more Tendulkar and Kohli.

Back to BACK 50's baby in the BIG BASH! WoooOOOooOOoOoo!

Pretty stoked with that effort. Batting definitely becoming more natural and easier to execute exactly where you want balls to go. High score of 69 now too. So that's 49* 16 6 53 and 69 in the first 5 matches.

I have stopped my career into my second year and am playing outside career mode to just practice my batting. I keep on pre-meditating my shots and getting out.

I am a bowling allrounder and bat at 4. My bowling is phenomenal, and my skills are slowly going up. Sometimes wickets come fast sometimes they come slow. I have played one first class match where I took 8 of the wickets of the other team but I bowled about 40 overs.

That is why I want to practice my batting a bit. I do not want to spend 2 hours bowling and 5 minutes batting. I keep on getting out on 9.

For some reason I don't bowl alot of overs in the 4 days matches, maybe 20 odd in the whole match even though I am playing as a bowler and my figures are quite good but its just frustrating being taking out every time i have 4 wickets. does anybody else experience this as well or am I just taking too long to get my wickets?

For some reason I don't bowl alot of overs in the 4 days matches, maybe 20 odd in the whole match even though I am playing as a bowler and my figures are quite good but its just frustrating being taking out every time i have 4 wickets. does anybody else experience this as well or am I just taking too long to get my wickets?

I am a batting allrounder and in the beginning I also did not bowl many overs. Sometimes not bowling at all. Was very frustrating to do well in 5 overs and then not bowl in the match. But that has changed. I am now in the second year of my career and I am bowling a lot more. I think as your skills go up you get asked to bowl more. Last night I had to bowl about 40 overs in one innings as we were struggling to get the opposition out.

I am a batting allrounder and in the beginning I also did not bowl many overs. Sometimes not bowling at all. Was very frustrating to do well in 5 overs and then not bowl in the match. But that has changed. I am now in the second year of my career and I am bowling a lot more. I think as your skills go up you get asked to bowl more. Last night I had to bowl about 40 overs in one innings as we were struggling to get the opposition out.

I just went into my second season. what type of bowler are you?

Off-spinner. At the end of the first season I was the leading wickettaker class and second in T20 and 50 overs despite bowling about half of what the other guys bowl.

At the end of the first season and now at the beginning of the 2nd season I have noticed I get asked to bowl earlier and also more often.

Then again in a 50 over game last night I did not get asked to bowl a single over. In the 50 over game prior to that I took career best figures of something like 7 for 22 in my 10 overs.

----------

I have noticed with the bowling if you bowl a maiden or an over which goes for 1 or 2 you get a skill point. I received a lot of skill points for bowling 20 overs in an innings at a low economy rate. I think the fact that i regularly pick up a lot of skill points makes the AI captain use me more.

My skill points are still quite low though. My batting skill points would probably only look good at the end of 20 years at the rate I am going.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread