How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I came so close to hit a hundred (89) but I ran out of partners in the other end. So I had to slog, and obviously got out for 91 off of 83 balls. This was like my 4th match. I had a terrible batting record before that :facepalm. AI needs to be tuned a little.

I know what you mean, finally getting into some form and the rest of the team are letting me down. Currently 71* but the team is 126/6 all getting out trying to slog. The match is supposed to last 4 days but we've lost 6 wickets within 28 overs!

When I've manoeuvring the field about, scoring runs and building a partnership I absolutely love this game. :)
It does get easier and you start to learn the low risk shots.

When I've manoeuvring the field about, scoring runs and building a partnership I absolutely love this game. :)
It does get easier and you start to learn the low risk shots.

It could be even more brilliant if my team mates decided to read to situation and hang around when needed! I would love it they used more attacking fields when you arrive at the crease, it never really feels like you're coming into a pressure situation

I am fed up with the AI.
58/3 on day 1 of a CC match. I'm 30 not out and my partners do the following
1st ball: attempted slog. Dropped.
2nd ball: attemped slog. Bowled.
3rd ball: (new batter) attempted slog. Caught.

Suddenly we're 58/5 in the 1st innings. I've criticised games in the past for lack of match awareness and this is more of the same.

----------

Edit: I paused it to post this. Ball 4 - slog - out. :facepalm :facepalm

Now you know what I meant by "fragile" and loose AI batting :p

Finally mad emy 1st century yesterday in a one day game for the vics

127 of 82

very proud of myself, achieved nothing for the rest of the night tho

really struggling to bat for long perids of time in FC matches

Im very close to getting a P40 contract, still nothing from any other forms though...

4th go at career mode , at last scored 18 in my 4th inning and 50 partnership as well.
As a opener it keeps damn spinners away for a bit and just got to keep very patience.
Loving this game.

so i have finished one season with about 14000 points to my name. batting average is sitting at a healthy 9 and my bowling average is sitting at a ridiculous 7. best bowling is 12/33 over two innings and 31 as a batting all-rounder off-spin.

Playing for the hopeless redbacks and strikers in my first season did not go well for the team. it would be good to see the teams change over time so the same teams dont always win

for some reason I have noticed that 95% of the time a new batsman coming in will play a very agressive shot, its just the way it is i spose....

for some reason I have noticed that 95% of the time a new batsman coming in will play a very agressive shot, its just the way it is i spose....

that is how the don did it. wanted to score off the first ball every time

I'm a leggy. Got 7 wickets for Yorkshire V Middlesex, then got the 2 of their first 4 in their next innings, didnt get to bowl again...was very upset with Andrew Gale!

Small things that are really bugging me are that my captains only using the same 4 bowlers all the time, poor number eleven who is a bowler (im on default) hasn't bowled an over when theres me and 3 quickies bloody knackered bowling at slow speeds.

I'm Yorkshire in career and I don't understand why the same 4 bowlers who are fatigued keep getting overs, there so knackered they are being took off every over for another knackered bowler while the fresh number 11 pace bowler is nowhere to be seen? fairly annoying!

the fact the team stays the same also annoys me, theres no variety so if its this for 20 seasons its going to get old pretty quick, no changes to batting order either so even if I score well will I be a number 10 forever?

I do like the gameplay and whats being brought to the table in game (especially when the patch comes it will be better) but career was the main selling point for me and I feel that so far (unless im wrong bout the stuff above) that it's below par.

Played a low score thriller. I scored 33 off 22 and bowled 2 maidens for my first two overs which made them run out. Got two wickets like that. And best of all scalped 3 wickets at the death when they needed 70 odd runs off 120 balls. Hands down the best cricket game I've played so far. :clap
I'm playing for SA Outbacks. One hell of a team.

Last edited:
really struggling to bat for long perids of time in FC matches

Learn how to defend every ball. If you can, then you defend every ball and once they bring in the field and leave large gaps, you wait for a ball you can hit through the gap. You'll score slowly, and you need to have full concentration, but it can be effective.

finally my batting skills come alive

I am finally starting to get the hang of the batting and becoming more consistent in scoring runs in my career mode. I am opting for more aggresive starts playing shots from ball one in all formats and slowing things down in the middle before slogging again at the end.getting your confidence up quickly helps with not losing your wicket to silly edges and miss timed blocks and shots

My stats read as follows:
-4day with Western Australia top score 129 from 128 and an avarage of 28
-50 over cup with same team top score of 79 of 48 with an avarage of 22
-kfc 20/20 with Sydney Thunder to score on debut of 54 from 38 and an avarage of 21 strike rate 148

All formats I bat nr 3 and I am still completing my first season looking forward to get a contract offer for IPL cant wait also getting picked for international tests!!

Users who are viewing this thread