How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'd have thought it would :D!

Any batting tips or anywhere specific that you scored most of your runs ;)?

My strong area is leg side for pace. So i take the guard on off stump, I block a few balls when I first come in to the crease, and once they bring in the field I chip it over the infield for boundaries. If they have fielders at deep, I take singles by hitting it to gaps. Trust me you gotta have a lot of patience. Don't get carried away after hitting a boundary. take a single rotate the strike. If you're running out of partners. Make sure you face the first 4,5 deliveries in the over and get a single off the last one. For spinner I mainly uses the sweep shot, and cover/on drive.

*Wait for the ball. < This is my mantra when batting.

Last edited:
My strong area is leg side for pace. So i take the guard on off stump, I block a few balls when first come in to the crease, and once they bring in the field I chip it over the infield for boundaries. If they have fielders at deep, I take singles by hitting it to gap. Trust me you gotta have a lot of patience. Don't get carried away after hitting a boundary. take a single rotate the strike. If you're running out of partners. Make sure you face the first 4,5 deliveries in the over and get a single off the last one. For spinner I mainly uses the sweep shot, and cover/on drive.

*Wait for the ball. < This is my mantra when batting.

Thanks mate, I'm now going to target some kind of contract other than English domestic for my second season :D. I'm 'a fair way off' for the BBL + Australian OD competitions but a long way off for the Australian FC.

Thanks mate, I'm now going to target some kind of contract other than English domestic for my second season :D. I'm 'a fair way off' for the BBL + Australian OD competitions but a long way off for the Australian FC.

take your time when batting. Now you could see the fielders properly after the patch so take it to your advantage.

Dear James Foster. Why bowl me in the 1st one day match 5 overs first up in a powerplay, give me all 10 (1-31, not too shabby) and then not bowl me at all in the 2nd one day match? Eh? Answer me that you bastard.

----------

Steady start otherwise as a leg=spinning all-rounder. No double figures when batting yet though...

Ha ha! It reminds me of the fact that as a fast bowler I bowled six overs somewhere, took four wickets for nowt and was then passed as a bowling option, whilst seven other players had a go at chucking the ball down, until the 79th over. The 80th over saw the new ball being taken...and of course my captain used the clever ploy of introducing two spinners.........

I started my career as a spin-bowler/all-rounder batsman. Might start again though as I think I'd prefer to be a fast bowler. Hard to do spin.

Am I right in thinking there's a bug in career that is being fixed that would need you to restart a career?

Hey just a question about the difficulty in career mode, i started out on defult (pro) and am finding it too easy my player has taken 100 first class wickets at like 7? atm i'm a fair way off playing test matches but i'm wondering if the difficulty increases when you play for your country? am i correct in saying there is no way of increasing difficulty mid career manually? also on another note in the australian domestic it says there are 15 rounds of both shield and one dayers after 11 games the year ended and i started a new season with out playing the remaining games + finals?

I just got picked to play the Australia in the T20 does any one know why Murihead never gets a bowl but Bailey and Warner do?

my average in T20 is 120 in 13 matches. ODI is 49 but first class is only 29..need to work on my first class.
but since the patch I can now find gaps and play properly.

I got my first ever century in my second First Class match after starting a new career post patch! Excitement would be a huge understatement to describe my reaction!

Loving the patch till now, consecutive MOTM back to back for my career player who is bowling AR in T20s.

First Match - 50+ runs & 3 wickets
Second Match - 33 runs & 3 wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread