How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Umm why has bowling assistance suddenly turned itself off? :S

When you move up to international cricket the difficulty is veteran, so bowling assistance is switched off.

Going by the scores some of you are putting up, I'm unlikely to be picked ever in the national side of the team. :p

Still in season 1 though... let's see how I can progress.

I'm with you there. I wanted to raise my bat when I was dismissed for 34(80) was nearly an hour of concentration.

Can anyone advise if you get any stat boost at the end of the season as well? I guess I am hoping there's an element like 2k where players also improve with time somewhat regardless of performance. Finding life as an allrounder tough!

I don't know about a "boost" but each new season I start I tell myself "this will be the one" and go into the first 4 day match of the season with gay abandon and teary-eyed wonder before I'm caught and bowled for 7 runs...

Is there a way of turning it back on?

No. But I've got a much better suggestion: why don't you just learn to bowl without looking at the meters? I know it seems radical but you never know - it may just work.

I don't know about a "boost" but each new season I start I tell myself "this will be the one" and go into the first 4 day match of the season with gay abandon and teary-eyed wonder before I'm caught and bowled for 7 runs...

I definitely get an aura of invincibility at the start of a new season, thinking I'm gods gift to batting at first drop and that two seasons of experience will make me brilliant on an entirely new level, doesn't exactly translate to the scorecard haha!

anyone in the English County Season know if theres relegation and promotion. seems like a basic thing to get in their.

what are captains responsibilities in the , working my ass of to be captain :)

No. But I've got a much better suggestion: why don't you just learn to bowl without looking at the meters? I know it seems radical but you never know - it may just work.

audio assist is invaluable i think, but it only seems to work at amateur level. i want to use it in pro-level, because you can start to learn when you should be doing the presses in relation to where the bowler is in his run-up. with the visual assistance, you're looking there, not at the bowler... they don't help you learn, they just stop you being sh*t.

I imagine the problem is that the audio assist might not work with the smaller timing windows - because you don't get it even in the practice match on the higher difficulties.

Anyway, watching the bowler's animation - and I use the bowling close camera to assist me seeing it - has been the most effective way of learning the timing for me.

You really don't need either the visual or audio assist. Practicing in match practice for half an hour with everything turned off is enough.

I'm getting towards the end of my first season with Hampshire as a bowling all rounder. We won the T20 tournament and are well on our way to promotion in the County Championship and qualifying for the knockouts in the One Day cup.

Personally I've been doing pretty well with the ball. Had a few 5fers in limited overs, with a decent economy and a couple of 10 wicket matches in the Championship. Looks like I'll get an offer for at least one of the Australian domestic tournaments before the season is out and getting interest from the One Day and T20 England teams.

With the bat however I'd been really struggling till this morning. First CC match back after the T20 cup win and batting just seemed to click better. Made a high score of 28 in the first innings and then my maiden 50 in the second innings. :) Then of course immediately got out, but it was such a good feeling getting to 50.

Looking forward to seeing if it was just a blip or if I can continue to bat reasonably well.

Does your batting order get higher if you get better at batting through your career?

Users who are viewing this thread