How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Very close
Good chance
Expecting selection

Levels that I noticed in order from low to high.

Also has anyone got selected for other county circuit before national side? My career AR, who is currently on Aussie circuit is expecting selection for English county & fair way off for National side. So just wondering whether anyone managed to play on both the county circuits before our debut for the country.

Starting to get fed up with this game a bit tonight, I've been attacking from ball every innings out of frustration. Am playing worse in year 2 than I did year one :noway

Kudos to those who are persisting and getting somewhere with their careers, its been great to read :clap

I'm still in year 2 as a keeper batsmen and this how it's progressing

Eng FC: Expecting selection
Eng OD: Core member
Eng T20: Regular member
Indian T20: Expecting selection
International ODI: Regular member
International T20: Expecting selection
International Test: Fair way off

I'm captain of the OD team in Aus domestic

I have 1 game to go in the BBL of my 3rd year. Opening Batsman for the Vics, this is how i am progressing:

Australia ODI - Getting Attention
Australia T20 - Fair way off
Australia Tes - No Chance
English County - Fair way off
English P40 - Expecting selection
English T20 - Good Chance
Indian T20 - Getting Attention

Very exciting times knowing that i am Close to IPL and Aussie ODI selection... Im pumped

I hate work even more now because it keeps me away from DBC14!!

again just missed out on my first list A 50... put for 47 :( new highest score in list a though.

"very close" to aus 50 over.

can anyone tell me - is very close better than good chance?
I'm not a 100% sure but good chance is better then very close. Well it gets even harder to bat when you get to international that's when I start to premeditate my shots

It'd be cool if someone from Big Ant could explain the selection status levels a bit better. It might take the magic away for some people but I'd actually appreciate knowing what I need to do to move up a level, i.e. is it based on average, 100s or 50s, last 5 innings, strike rate?

My levels don't seem to make a lot of sense, after 1 season my stats are (playing as an opening bat):

First Class
Avg: 34.00
100s: 3

List A
Avg: 25.00
100s: 0

yet I'm closer to getting selected in both the P40 English tournament and the Aussie One Day team than I am getting selected for either County cricket or Test cricket.

Started my career again as I was only just getting a handle on things with bat and ball before being picked up by the test side. I'm now 3 or 4 games into the Shield season averaging 44 with the bat (thanks to a 63 in my last innings, average was 33.5 before that), and averaging 9.6 with the ball.

Just got my first contract in the English T20 competition... pretty excited to have my first match and get caught out on the cover boundary by mid on!

So I just missed out on the record for fastest 50 Test Wickets. The current records:

Records | Test matches | Bowling records | Fastest to 50 wickets | ESPN Cricinfo

After 4 matches I was on 30 wickets. We then started a 5 Test series against England. My 4 previous Tests were quite far apart. 2 Tests against West Indies, 1 Against Zim and 1 Against Bangladesh.

So in the first Test I struggled a bit picking up the last 2 wickets in the first innings. I had bowled quite a number of overs to the top and middle order but with no success. They had a few lefties which I find a bit more difficult than the righthanders.

In the second innings things were going a bit better. We had a first innings lead of about 100, so they were probably under some pressure. A few early wickets fell. I picked up a wicket in the middle order and got the last 3 wickets this time. So 6 for the match and 36 after 5 matches.

I had my eye on the record before this match but after picking up only 6 wickets in the match I knew the record was gone. I needed 14 wickets in the next Test and based on how I fared against the English in the first test, that would be highly unlikely. Nevertheless I picked up 12 in the next Test. So after 6 Tests I was on 48. 2 away from equalling the record.

I picked up 12 again in the next game, both these games were won by an innings. So after 7 Tests I am on 60 wickets. The record for 100 wickets is 16 games and I am hoping to break this one.

----------

On a side note, I have drawn a few games in the first class competition that I thought we could have won. I have recently been made captain and it was very enjoyable when 1 game I declared with the opposition needing 350 runs in just over a day. We managed to win that game. Was great because I have seen us draw games from these positions.

finally i'm frustrated with the batting.. i am just unable to score even in two digits.
the difference of difficulty is too much from amateur and pro level.
pro level should be a bit easy in career mode.

does anyone have some advice for me? i mostly play straight shots and in that too i get out. if i play too much defensive then i get LBW. :facepalm: noway :(

Depends on how you're getting out. After playing for a while your timing will improve, and you'll start to learn which shots you're likely to get out with and stop playing them. It's pretty important to play to the field IMO, pick a safe part of the field to hit to, and then adjust your shot if the ball isn't right.

And don't you ever dare try to play anything other than a sweep to a spinner.

finally i'm frustrated with the batting.. i am just unable to score even in two digits.
the difference of difficulty is too much from amateur and pro level.
pro level should be a bit easy in career mode.

does anyone have some advice for me? i mostly play straight shots and in that too i get out. if i play too much defensive then i get LBW. :facepalm: noway :(

I am not yet that good with the batting. I haven't scored a 100 but have a few 50's but now I am consistently getting in the 20's and 30's. I do not play straight shots that often as I tend to get out to them.

The most important thing about batting is timing i would say. There is a huge difference in the outcome of the shot depending on your timing. You even have to adjust your timing between a ball that goes 140kph and one that goes 120kph.

Practice your timing in the nets. Then go and play a Test Match in casual mode on pro or veteran difficulty and try to just stay in and play safe shots.
Some people premeditate and I often do it as well but I get out because I try and play a backfoot shot to a full ball or a front foot shot to a short ball.

Batting takes time to get the hang off. Try to force yourself not to premeditate and then read each ball and then play it. I have started to get the hang of this, it just takes time. Practice a bit in practice game mode as well.

Decided to restart my career as a batting all rounder for Hampshire. Scored a fifty on debut batting alongside Jimmy Adams who scored 220! We thumped them by an innings and 70 runs. However i didn't get my chance to bowl hopefully I can bowl now in the P40.

Users who are viewing this thread