How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
No, you will not.

Aw thank god. But can you please tell me how the batting works? Is it really true that the batting of a pure batsman and a batting allrounder is somehow different or all same?

----------

I've just finished my second season. My guy is 18 right now.

Oh i see. Does batting is easier as a pure batsman? like earning skill points and all?

Oh i see. Does batting is easier as a pure batsman? like earning skill points and all?

Yeah the game naturally gets a lot easier to handle the more time you spent at the crease and more boundaries you hit. I'm at the stage now where I'm very comfortable batting in any match...looking forward to the next step up to international level.

I still have yet to see a single stumping, either of my own bowling, of the AI bowling or used against me (I've not played a single advancing shot yet mind you).

I bowl as an off spinner and stumpings happen when I make them drive or straight in such cases the possibility of stumpings are high...But not every player drags foot out...Some AI players play well inside so no chance of stumping...It feel good and some decisions are really close may some time go in favour of the batsman like it is in real life as well...It makes me say "Owww!!! Come on man that was out" ....This game has really made people express themselves when they play brilliant shots, get out in a bad way etc....That is the main reason why this game is a success despite the bugs found....:)

Barely any edge goes to any wicketkeeper, and never saw any to the slips ever anyways. Just hope it changes after patch 2. Thinking to start a pure fast bowling career once after my all-rounder is over someday.

You start off with a hell of a lot more skill points in the batting categories than you do as an all rounder or a bowler, your main skill is about 1/5th full and the other bars are about 1/8th full. Compared to a allrounder batsman, the main bar is about 1/8th full and the rest are about 1/12th full (if that) from memory.

Career Performance

Hi.
am at the end of my first season am bowling as a pure fast bowler.
stats
First Class - 95 wickets 15 games final remaining
50 overs - 50 wickets 15 games final remaining
T20 - 25 wickets in first season.

is this considered good or not?

You start off with a hell of a lot more skill points in the batting categories than you do as an all rounder or a bowler, your main skill is about 1/5th full and the other bars are about 1/8th full. Compared to a allrounder batsman, the main bar is about 1/8th full and the rest are about 1/12th full (if that) from memory.

Yeah mate but the selections are mostly based on 'Man of the match'es and as just a batsman it is nearly impossible specially in a first class match.

If you're asking if anyone has taken a wicket that was called a no ball, heaps of times, a few catches, a couple of bowled.

Have not had a DRS review that was canned due to picking up a no ball that the umpire missed though.

Yeah I meant DRS-ing one that the umpire missed.

So, on that note, I wonder if umpires miss no balls at all :spy

image.jpg

Just played the near perfect OD innings for WA vs Queensland. Not even Hopes worried me. Every shot was sweetly timed and I played all around the ground at will (left hand batsmen). Honestly a great feeling.

I guess I was literally just in the groove.

Is it really true that the batting of a pure batsman and a batting allrounder is somehow different or all same?... like earning skill points and all?

Surely it's different, because a batsman starts with much higher batting stats. But from my experience you earn far more career ranking points as an all-rounder, and more MOTMs. I'm now in the international side as an all-rounder in my first year.

Barely any edge goes to any wicketkeeper, and never saw any to the slips ever anyways.

Certainly haven't seen one go to the slips, but I've seen a few go to where the slips would have been (no slips in place). I've also had a shed load nicked to the keeper off of my spin bowling.

I still have yet to see a single stumping, either off my own bowling, of the AI bowling or used against me (I've not played a single advancing shot yet mind you).

I've never managed to connect an advanced shot, but I have been stumped. Some legit and others due to the game (making me 'hover forward' after playing a shot or walking out of my crease to go back after hitting 'no run').

I've also gotten (got?) a handful of wickets via stumpings when bowling.

As an allrounder ranking points and MOTMs are easy to earn only because getting wickets like that is unrealistic. But it's a game so i loose patience if i play as just batsman because i know it will take very long to even get selected for internationals and captaincy is far far away. That's natural but in a game patience doesn't stay. But as an allrounder everytime i deleted my career because too much wickets at that age and the captain makes me bowl unlimited overs because of that. Now i started as a pure batsman for ESSEX let's see how it goes.

Yeah mate but the selections are mostly based on 'Man of the match'es and as just a batsman it is nearly impossible specially in a first class match.

I got one quite early on in my pure batsman career, didn't do a great deal either, not even top scored from my team, guess it was just the pace which I batted. I didn't think that selection was based on career points, but now that I think about it maybe it is, thought it was just on your overall performance, but I guess they are one and the same, just that performance wouldn't generally include MOTM awards, etc. Something to think about, but I'm not really concerned, definately not yet ready either my player skill or my own confidence in playing in higher classed matches.

Yeah I meant DRS-ing one that the umpire missed.

So, on that note, I wonder if umpires miss no balls at all :spy

You'd think so considering the DRS does always check, even for spinners. That said, I've only seen DRS used in career about a dozen times, by myself and the AI (I don't use it every time when I know it was the right call).

In my 3rd year as a pure batsman. still a long year for me.
Made it into the english 40 over for and T20.
Also finished my first Ipl tournament.
when i had finish my ipl series i got call up for the wi T20 in a 3 match series against pakistan Team. scored 20 in my first game followed by a 42. n a 31.
once finish this season will add my progress of this season n overall.

In my 3rd year as a pure batsman. still a long year for me.
Made it into the english 40 over for and T20.
Also finished my first Ipl tournament.
when i had finish my ipl series i got call up for the wi T20 in a 3 match series against pakistan Team. scored 20 in my first game followed by a 42. n a 31.
once finish this season will add my progress of this season n overall.

What's your helmet number now?

I've only seen DRS used in career about a dozen times, by myself and the AI (I don't use it every time when I know it was the right call).

I've only just realised that the AI (your own team) never use DRS for either batting or bowling. The choice is always up to the player, and I've never come in to bat/bowl and found that someone has already used the DRS.

So if I get out LBW, I might as well review. No one else will need/use it. Of course, I'll save the bowling review for when I think it was out.

Users who are viewing this thread